Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
changtraingheo

How to send key to On-Screen Keyboard

3 posts in this topic

I want to send key to On-Screen Keyboard (program in win 7) and then On-Screen Keyboard program send that key to notepad, but my script is not work, this is my script:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <Timers.au3>

Global $nDelay,$handle,$pid;

$nDelay = 2000

$gui = GUICreate("My GUI",200,100)

$button_gen = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start",10,30,60)
$button_stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop",10,60,60)

$handle = WinGetHandle('On-Screen Keyboard', "")
$pid = WinGetProcess($handle)

GUISetState()
; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
$msg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $msg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
ExitLoop
Case $button_gen
_Timer_SetTimer($gui, $nDelay, "AutoTDK")
Case $button_stop
_Timer_KillAllTimers($gui)
EndSwitch
WEnd
GUIDelete()

Func AutoTDK($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)
WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad") ; active notepad program
ControlSend($handle, "", $pid,"{SPACE}") ; send space key to On-Screen Keyboard
EndFunc

pls help me

Sending keys to an On-Screen keyboard, sounds kinda strange. :mellow:

You are on the right track though. Use the AutoIt Window tool to get the ids of the buttons and use ControlClick.

ControlSend doesn`t use the pid, do what spudw2k says

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      If you observe in below code.
      Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=$time_out) Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text) $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) if not ($dHandle = 0) then If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) Else Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...") Exit EndIf EndFunc WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad") $p = "Notallowed1!!" Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}"& $p &"{ENTER}create{SPACE}database{SPACE}"& $p &";{ENTER}") In the notepad if you observe, ! is missing in the text got.

Is there way to get that also printed.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi all
      I want a way to get the last key pressed.
      I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to  give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
      i  want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
      Please help me,
      greetings to all
      And thanks in advance
    • rawkhopper
      By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf  
    • JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I want to create a loop which loops a code until for example f2 is pressed.
      So I tried something with _IsPressed but it doesn't work.
      Local $test = WinActivate("Notepad") Do Send("hi") Until _IsPressed("72", $test)  
      I don't know how I can do nothing when pressing f2 because it says "error: _IsPressed(): undefined function.".
      I did put 
      Send("hi") after Local $test = but it gives the same error.
      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 
      Maybe I am wrong and I need to use a whole other Function.. I am new to AutoIT so I am sorry..

• spuuunit
      By spuuunit
      This is what I'm trying to do: In Firefox, if you hold down CTRL + C for about 200ms, then press CTRL + T. This is my code:
      While WinActive(" - Mozilla Firefox") If _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Then $timer = TimerInit() While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) $diff = TimerDiff($timer) If $diff > 200 Then Send("^{T}") While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) WEnd EndIf WEnd EndIf WEnd The problem is that the CTRL key gets stuck down after Send("^{T}"). I found this, but what I understand that happens when I release, and that is not what I want. The "General unstuck method" did nothing.