Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akarillon

[Solved]Problems writing text to a file

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

This line was originally used instead of the FileOpen and FileWrite commands

_WinAPI_WriteFile($hFile, DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer), StringLen($sText), $nBytes)

But WinAPI would only erase my prev text.

But FileOpen and FileWrite doesn't work.

The file is generated, but no text is inserted.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
DirCreate("C:\Inventory\Log")
Global $sFile, $hFile, $sText, $nBytes, $tBuffer
$aDato = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
$Dato = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToArray($aDato)
_WriteToLog("Topic", "text")
_WriteToLog("Topic2", "text2")

Func _WriteToLog($labelname, $Recv)
$sFile = 'C:\Inventory\Log\' & $dato[2] & $dato[0] & $dato[1] & '.log'
$sText = '' & $labelname & ' | ' & $Recv & ' ' & @CRLF & ''
$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & StringLen($sText) & "]")
DllStructSetData($tBuffer, 1, $sText)
$hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFile, 1)
FileOpen($sFile, 1)
FileWrite($sFile, $sText)
_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFile)
ConsoleWrite('1) ' & FileRead($sFile) & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_WriteToLog

Thanks for all help =)

Edited by Akarillon

Challenge accepted!

You don't need any of the _WinAPI items inside the function to write to the file, it's possible that because you opened it twice, the second one failed and the file is locked for writing. Try this:

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
DirCreate("C:InventoryLog")
Global $sFile, $hFile, $sText, $nBytes, $tBuffer
$aDato = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
$Dato = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToArray($aDato)
_WriteToLog("Topic", "text")
_WriteToLog("Topic2", "text2")

Func _WriteToLog($labelname, $Recv)
    $sFile = 'C:InventoryLog' & $Dato[2] & $Dato[0] & $Dato[1] & '.log'
    $sText = '' & $labelname & ' | ' & $Recv & ' ' & @CRLF & ''
    $somevariable = FileOpen($sFile, 1)
    FileWrite($somevariable, $sText)
    FileClose($somevariable)
    ConsoleWrite('1) ' & FileRead($sFile) & @CRLF)
EndFunc

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Why would you use the _WinAPI_* functions? For performance reasons?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

@BrewManNH

Thanks for the solution :D

@Water

I just didn't know that FileOpen created a file if it was not there.

Was looking desperately for a FileCreate and only one I found was _WinAPI_CreateFile

Challenge accepted!

It's in the help file, section "Remarks": Opening a file in write mode creates the file if it does not exist.

Depending on the number of records you want to write to the log I would suggest to open the log at the beginning of the script and close it before you exit. This will improve performance because opening/closing a file is quite expensive.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It's in the help file, section "Remarks": Opening a file in write mode creates the file if it does not exist.

Depending on the number of records you want to write to the log I would suggest to open the log at the beginning of the script and close it before you exit. This will improve performance because opening/closing a file is quite expensive.

I am adding from 20-3000 entries, so performance would be nice :oops:

Challenge accepted!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• robcull
      By robcull
      Hello all! I have had some issues reading text from different types of windows, occasionally, specifically with controlgettext. 
      **Before I begin, I know there are better ways to do what I attempt in the example below. That's not the point of this post. The point is my issues with controlgettext. 
      I am about to cite an example with an application you may be familiar with called SpeedFan (v4.52). My problem is not specific to speedfan, it is simply the most recent and easily reproducible example I can think of. 
      So, the goal of the script below is to get a string of text containing the current fan RPMs from the highlighted control in the screenshot below (see "speedfan_control_details.png").

Now, here's a simple script for grabbing the window handle and reading the text from that control: 
      $wintitle = "SpeedFan 4.52" $controlID = "197934" ;will be reformatted as "[ID:######]" $hwnd = wingethandle($wintitle) if @error<>0 then msgbox(0, "WinGetHandle", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) Exit EndIf $text = ControlGetText($hwnd, "", "[ID:"&$controlID&"]") if @error=1 then msgbox(0, "ControlGetText", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) ;failure returns "" and @error=1 Exit EndIf msgbox (0, "ControlGetText", "SUCCESS. @error="&@error &@CRLF& "$text="&$text) ;success returns string and @error=0 You'll see that the ControlGetText operation runs without error, however it does not capture any text from the control. If you explore the other controls in this one window, you'll find mixed results across the board. Neither the temps nor voltages can be read, while the log field and some other elements can be read. Even when you read the text from the whole window, those elements are not included in the visible nor hidden texts. 

I have run into this issue many times in the past- inconsistencies in the ability of autoit to interact with certain controls. What is it which makes this text different than any other readable texts? Is there an alternate method of reading the text in the window/control which could work? Any and all info to help me solve this mystery and satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks  -Rob C
      PS: Running Autoit v3.3.14.2 on Win7 Ultimate x64
    • thoms
      By thoms
      Hello Forum,
      I'm trying to vertically center text in label controls, but no way. The search on the forum returns no result, or I don't search the right way
      When I insert a button and a label of same size close to each other, the text is centered on the button, but top aligned on the label, or edit. Which doesn't look really aesthetic
      Any idea is welcome
      Thanks in advance,
      Thoms
    • usmiv4o
      By usmiv4o
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.2.4.3 Author: usmiv4o Script Function: AutoIt script to check if files in directory are changed. It is usefull for security contra-inteligense measures. Function Name: LoadTripwireDB() Description: Loads database (text file tripwire.txt) and compare files in /test folder for changes. compares Hash (MD5) checksums. If they are not the same starts Initial() Function Name: Initial() Description: Checks directory and makes index of files and their MD5 checksums in text file (tripwire.txt) Function Name: Hush() Description: Checks file and returns its MD5 checksum. Requirement(s): Windows XP Return Value(s): On Success - Returns true. Files are the same as before. On Failure - return false. Example: LoadTripwireDB() #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <Crypt.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> $sDir = @ScriptDir & "\Test" $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\tripwire.txt" Func Hush(ByRef $sFile) $sRead = FileOpen( $sFile) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($sRead, $CALG_MD5) ; Create a hash of the text entered. ConsoleWrite("Hash of file " & $sFile & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) EndFunc ;ConsoleWrite("Files in Dir are " & $aScriptDir[0] & @CRLF) ;$sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Examples.txt" ;_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aScriptDir, 1) ;_ArrayDisplay($aScriptDir, "1D display") Func Initial() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;ConsoleWrite("File " & $aScriptDir[$i] & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) ;Hush($aScriptDir[$i]) ;FileWrite $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_APPEND) If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when reading the file.") EndIf FileWrite($hFileOpen, $aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) Next EndFunc Func Monitor() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 Next EndFunc Func LoadTripwireDB() $comparison_ok = false $dArray = _FileListToArray($sDir) ;directory $dArray0 = UBound($dArray) - 1 $fArray = FileReadToArray($sFilePath) ;file $fArray0 = UBound($fArray) ;_ArrayDisplay($dArray, "files array") if $dArray0 = $fArray0 Then ; are file same as recorded in txt file? ;ConsoleWrite("files in monitoring dir: " & $dArray[0] & " = file recorded: " & $fArray0 & @CRLF & $fArray[0]& @CRLF) for $i = 1 To UBound($dArray) - 1 ;ConsoleWrite("i = " & $i & @CRLF) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;binary ;$dHash = BinaryToString($dHash) $ffhash = StringSplit( $fArray[$i-1],":") $fhash = $ffhash[2] ;ConsoleWrite("IsBinary $dHash " & IsBinary($dHash) & @CRLF) if $dHash = $fhash Then ;if compared hashes are equal ;ConsoleWrite($fhash & ":" & $dHash & " equal" & @CRLF) ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: yes " & @CRLF) Else ;if compared hashes are not equal ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: not " & @CRLF) ;MsgBox(0,"hash md5",$fhash & ":" & $dHash & " not equal") EndIf Next ;ConsoleWrite("hashes are equal" & @CRLF) $comparison_ok = true Else ConsoleWrite("number of files in monitoring dir are not same as recorded" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("directory: " & $dArray[0] &":"& "files: " & UBound($fArray) - 1 & @CRLF) EndIf Return $comparison_ok EndFunc #main if LoadTripwireDB() = true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are equal " & @CRLF) ElseIf LoadTripwireDB() <> true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) Initial() EndIf  
      tripwire.au3
      tripwire.txt
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I am a totally blind young man
      for easier to read books and articles Among the blind
      i has programmed a tool
      This tool converts text to audio with the possibility to save it into a wav or mp3 file
      It is also compatible with all persons, whether blind or ordinary
      I have completed the work of this tool and want to take your opinion
      i Especially published here for anyone looking about how to convert text to speech, I will put this tool open source for you
      I want to know what your think about it
      and if it need any other additions?
      Note :
      This tool converts texts to audio using sapi 5 voices
      so i was also puted a hot keys to control the tool
      Now I put this project to you for public benefit and I am ready to answer any question.
      Apology :
      I am an Arab youth from Algeria
      I do not mastered English very well
      So I apologize to you if there are written mistakes
      With my greetings and best wishes
      My texts to audio converter.zip
    • zetaimmersion
      By zetaimmersion
      I have 2 items (a field box and a bypass checkbox). every time the box is checked i need the field to become writable. unchecked is read only displaying some text.
      this is as far as i got as I am stuck at making it read/write toggle
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500) Global $hCombo = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 200, 20, BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL,$ES_READONLY)) GUICtrlSetBkColor($hCombo,0xe7e5e5) Global $cbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("", 40,50,10,20) GUICtrlSetState($cbox, $GUI_Unchecked) GUISetState() Global $sCurrCombo = "" While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cbox If GUICtrlRead($cbox) <> $sCurrCombo Then $sCurrCombo = GUICtrlRead($cbox) GUICtrlSetStyle ($hCombo, $SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP) GUICtrlSetBkColor($hCombo,0xFFFFFF) MsgBox(0, "Choice", "PLease enter the text") EndIf EndSwitch WEnd