Sign in to follow this  
Akarillon

[Solved]Problems writing text to a file

This line was originally used instead of the FileOpen and FileWrite commands

_WinAPI_WriteFile($hFile, DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer), StringLen($sText), $nBytes)

But WinAPI would only erase my prev text.

But FileOpen and FileWrite doesn't work.

The file is generated, but no text is inserted.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
DirCreate("C:\Inventory\Log")
Global $sFile, $hFile, $sText, $nBytes, $tBuffer
$aDato = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
$Dato = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToArray($aDato)
_WriteToLog("Topic", "text")
_WriteToLog("Topic2", "text2")

Func _WriteToLog($labelname, $Recv)
$sFile = 'C:\Inventory\Log\' & $dato[2] & $dato[0] & $dato[1] & '.log'
$sText = '' & $labelname & ' | ' & $Recv & ' ' & @CRLF & ''
$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & StringLen($sText) & "]")
DllStructSetData($tBuffer, 1, $sText)
$hFile = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFile, 1)
FileOpen($sFile, 1)
FileWrite($sFile, $sText)
_WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFile)
ConsoleWrite('1) ' & FileRead($sFile) & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>_WriteToLog

Thanks for all help =)

Edited by Akarillon

You don't need any of the _WinAPI items inside the function to write to the file, it's possible that because you opened it twice, the second one failed and the file is locked for writing. Try this:

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
DirCreate("C:InventoryLog")
Global $sFile, $hFile, $sText, $nBytes, $tBuffer
$aDato = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
$Dato = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToArray($aDato)
_WriteToLog("Topic", "text")
_WriteToLog("Topic2", "text2")

Func _WriteToLog($labelname, $Recv)
    $sFile = 'C:InventoryLog' & $Dato[2] & $Dato[0] & $Dato[1] & '.log'
    $sText = '' & $labelname & ' | ' & $Recv & ' ' & @CRLF & ''
    $somevariable = FileOpen($sFile, 1)
    FileWrite($somevariable, $sText)
    FileClose($somevariable)
    ConsoleWrite('1) ' & FileRead($sFile) & @CRLF)
EndFunc

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Why would you use the _WinAPI_* functions? For performance reasons?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-09-14 - Version 0.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It's in the help file, section "Remarks": Opening a file in write mode creates the file if it does not exist.

Depending on the number of records you want to write to the log I would suggest to open the log at the beginning of the script and close it before you exit. This will improve performance because opening/closing a file is quite expensive.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-09-14 - Version 0.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It's in the help file, section "Remarks": Opening a file in write mode creates the file if it does not exist.

Depending on the number of records you want to write to the log I would suggest to open the log at the beginning of the script and close it before you exit. This will improve performance because opening/closing a file is quite expensive.

I am adding from 20-3000 entries, so performance would be nice :oops:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning sirs.
      please i have a request from you.
      i have an variable to Read a data from a file
      this data is Encrypted
      and when i read it i Decrypte it.
      for that i need a function to Write a ini data to string.
      ;#Function# ===================================================================================================================== ; Name............: _IniReadFromString ; Description.....: Returns the value of a key in a specific section of an ini-formatted string ; Syntax..........: _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) ; Parameters......: ;   $szInput - The string that contains data in ini format ;   $szSection   - The sectionname (just as in IniRead) ;   $szKey   - The keyname (just as in IniRead) ;   $Default - The default value if the key does not exist or reading failed (just as in IniRead) ; Return values ..: ;   Success  - Returns the read value ;   Failure  - Returns $Default ; Author .........: FichteFoll ; Remarks ........: Works for Unicode as well as for ANSI ; Related ........: IniRead, _IniReadSectionFromString ; Link ...........; See on top ; Example ........; $var = _IniReadFromString(StringFormat("[Sect]\r\nMyKey1=value1\r\nMyKey2=value2"), "Sect", "MyKey2", "no_value") ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) ;~  Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(",3) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found    Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString ; ############################################################################################################################### ; =============================================== ; = Internal Use Only ; =============================================== Func __StringEscapeRegExp($szExp) Return StringRegExpReplace($szExp, "([\(\)\[\]\{\}\\\/\?\.\\|\+])", "\\$1") ; ()[]{}\/?.|+ EndFunc;==>__StringEscapeRegExp like this  function Read the ini from string.

please ihelp me
      thanks in advance
    • By _leo_
      Hey there!
      I am having a problem with clicking a button in IE. As you can see in the code, there would be a class name to click it, but since this button exists several times with exactly the same code, I can only use the "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" to separate it from the others. But this part is just pure text without any classification. 
      "<div class="checkmark" data-v-1e5b1f70=""><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" class="icon" viewBox="0 0 16 16" data-v-1e5b1f70=""><circle cx="8" cy="8" r="8" data-v-1e5b1f70="" /></svg></div>Noch nicht veröffentlicht"
      I was trying to click it with:
      #include <IE.au3> local $oNNVs = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE2) For $oNNV in $oNNVs If String($oNNV.innertext) = "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" Then _IEAction($oNNV, "click") EndIf Next and:
      $inputs = $oIE2.document.getElementsByTagName("div") For $input In $inputs If $input.innertext == "Noch nicht veröffentlicht" then $input.click() EndIf Next But nothing seems to work. Thanks for the help!
    • By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)  
    • By GillesMaisonneuve
      Good morning,

I am trying to align a two-line text in a button so that it would be centered in the button but can't succeed to do it for the vertical part.
      Can someone tell me what I do wrong ?
      Here is my code:
      $btn3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Execute " & @LF & " file 1", 100, 65, 60, 50, _ BitOr($BS_CENTER,$BS_BOTTOM,$BS_MULTILINE)) and here is the resulting layout I get in my window.
      I tried to follow the help, made a lot of different parameter combinations (here it's `$BS_BOTTOM`, but I tried `$BS_VCENTER` and `$BS_TOP`), still get the same result : vertical alignement is a no go for me.
      Can someone help ?
      TIA
      Gilles

• By dascondor
      So basically need to pull text from a .txt file or .sql and use that text to replace something within a different file.

First File:
      jumps

Or:
      Text1 = jumps
      Text2 = fence
      Second File:
      My Dog XXXXX over the YYYYY.

After Script:
      My Dog jumps over the fence

I have found a good start, I'm basic programmer at best, I have some experience but this gets out of my wheel house.

Any help is appreciated.