Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

Just noticed a small one. The return value for _GUICtrlListView_AddItem says it returns the index of the new column instead of new item. thanks in advance :)

Done. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

In the section for GUICtrlRead is this statement:

For Checkbox, Radio control several states can be returned as $GUI_FOCUS and $GUI_CHECKED,. So use i.e. BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($Item),$GUI_CHECKED) to test if the control is checked.

This statement if fundementally wrong, in that checkboxes and radio controls do not return several states when using GUICtrlRead, it returns $GUI_CHECKED or $GUI_UNCHECKED depending upon whether it's checked or not. You can use the BitAnd statement to have it return 1 or 0 for a boolean return on a test, but it's unnecessary if all you want to do is see if it's checked or not. Run the demo below and you will see that it's only returning 1 when checked, and 4 when not checked and nothing else.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $msg, $Status, $LastStatus, $Radio1Status, $Radio2Status, $LastRadio1Status, $LastRadio2Status
    GUICreate("My GUI Checkbox") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    Local $Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CHECKBOX 1", 10, 10, 120, 20)
    Local $radio1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio 1", 10, 40, 120, 20)
    Local $radio2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio 2", 10, 70, 120, 20)
    GUICtrlSetState($radio2, $GUI_CHECKED)
    GUISetState()

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
        $Status = GUICtrlRead($Checkbox1)
        If $Status <> $LastStatus Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') :  $Status = ' & $Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastStatus = $Status
        EndIf
        $Radio1Status = GUICtrlRead($radio1)
        $Radio2Status = GUICtrlRead($radio2)
        If $Radio1Status <> $LastRadio1Status Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Radio1Status = ' & $Radio1Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastRadio1Status = $Radio1Status
        EndIf
        If $Radio2Status <> $LastRadio2Status Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Radio2Status = ' & $Radio2Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastRadio2Status = $Radio2Status
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The statement is still wrong, regardless of whether or not that is what the control is supposed to return, because as it is at this moment in time it returns 1 and 4. If they decide that it should return more states, then the documentation would be correct, right now it's not, and as how this is a thread to fix the documentation I thought it should be here.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I had a similar situation before where I changed the documentation for but had to change it back as this was a bug, therefore I want to wait for a Dev to confirm if this is a bug or documentation error.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Theres styles that can be applyed that will change this:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
Example()
Func Example()
    Local $msg, $Status, $LastStatus, $Radio1Status, $Radio2Status, $LastRadio1Status, $LastRadio2Status
    GUICreate("My GUI Checkbox") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    Local $Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("CHECKBOX 1", 10, 10, 120, 20)
    Local $radio1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio 1", 10, 40, 120, 20)
    Local $radio2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio 2", 10, 70, 120, 20)
     GUICtrlSetStyle($Checkbox1, $BS_AUTO3STATE)
    GUICtrlSetState($radio2, $GUI_CHECKED)
    GUISetState()
While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
        $Status = GUICtrlRead($Checkbox1)
        If $Status <> $LastStatus Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') :  $Status = ' & $Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastStatus = $Status
        EndIf
        $Radio1Status = GUICtrlRead($radio1)
        $Radio2Status = GUICtrlRead($radio2)
        If $Radio1Status <> $LastRadio1Status Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Radio1Status = ' & $Radio1Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastRadio1Status = $Radio1Status
        EndIf
        If $Radio2Status <> $LastRadio2Status Then
            ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Radio2Status = ' & $Radio2Status & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
            $LastRadio2Status = $Radio2Status
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Done.

UDF List:

As mentioned checkboxes can have 3 states. It does seem, however, that $GUI_FOCUS is not set when using GUICtrlRead() even if the control has focus so that comment can be removed.

Just a question about this point, a checkbox can have 3 states, but GUICtrlRead doesn't return more than one at a time, so is the BitAnd mentioned in the help file really necessary?

Just a question about this point, a checkbox can have 3 states, but GUICtrlRead doesn't return more than one at a time, so is the BitAnd mentioned in the help file really necessary?

I do not have an answer to that. I could look in the code but I've had enough rage from code today. Remind me at a later time to clarify.

guinness

I made a script to test a range of metacharacters in regular expressions. Check the s, v, and other.

$a=''
For $i = 0 To 255
$b=StringRegExpReplace(Chr($i), 'N', '0')
If Not @extended Then $a&=Asc($b) &@CRLF
Next
MsgBox(0, '', $a)

$a=''
For $i = 0 To 255
$b=StringRegExpReplace(Chr($i), 'R', '0')
If @extended Then $a&=Asc($b) &@CRLF
Next
MsgBox(0, '', $a)

$text = ""
For $i = 1 to 255
    $text = $text & Chr($i)
Next
$text=StringRegExpReplace($text, '([s])', @CRLF&'[-1-]'&@CRLF)
$a=StringRegExp($text, '(?s)[-(.)-]', 3)
For $i = 0 To UBound($a)-1
$text=StringReplace($text, '[-'&$a[$i]&'-]', '[-'&$a[$i]&'='&Asc($a[$i])&'-]')
Next
MsgBox(0, '', $text)

s Match any whitespace character: Chr(9) through Chr(13)

but not 11

[:space:] white space (not quite the same as s, it include VT: chr(11) )

[:space:] include 11 Edited by AZJIO

GUICtrlSendToDummy

The example contains

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "onclick")

GUISetOnEvent

Thanks, I tidied up the example and added comments, something I've been doing with the native functions over the last couple of weeks (look at the Tray*** & Win*** functions for examples.)

It would be nice to make the section "Windows Message Codes" with a description and examples.

This is a decision that will have to be discussed at some point in the future.

As I've understood AZJIO you're creating/created a Help file for the Russian AutoIt community, so a word to the wise, when we create the examples we always make sure that the example passes Au3Check with the following parameters (see below).

Au3Check parameters:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7

UDF List:

For now those MsgBox's look alright, they could even be 4096 as the 'i' doesn't really add anything to the example.

What do you have in mind for EnvUpdate? Please be aware of what I said in my previous post about Au3Check.

UDF List:

The functions of the IsArray, IsPtr - you can add a WinClose($hWnd)

Done.

%MYVAR% - is not a system variable. What for it in an example?

Done. though my question was aimed towards providing an example I might use.

What's the screenshot for?

UDF List:

That I made examples to better demonstrate the capabilities of AutoIt. It will take years for a beginner to find out some possibilities, and when illustrated, it is enough to copy the example of the necessary functions, and styles.

Great. But you have to understand that the Help file is in English and not Russian so this is the reason why I can't use it.

UDF List: