Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

FileCreateShortcut could use a link to Send under Related for the hotkey format.

I thought that because they're using newer versions of VS, that the executables for AutoIt won't run on anything pre-Win2K, I may have gotten that wrong, but that's what my understanding was.

Autoit abandon ANSI version years ago and you can not run a unicode exe on a win9x system

Edited by JFX

Autoit abandon ANSI version years ago and you can not run a unicode exe on a win9x system

I knew there was a reason you couldn't use it on a Pre-2000 OS, or at least one that isn't based on NT, I just couldn't remember what it was.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

FileCreateShortcut could use a link to Send under Related for the hotkey format.

The HotKey format is slightly different to that of Send, so I'm relcutant to add it in case of confusion, as some might not read the remarks and start using ^!c as a replacement for Ctrl + Alt + C when in fact it should be Ctrl + Alt + C.

Specify, that GUICtrlCreateEdit/Input by default accommodates no more than 30 000 characters

Really? Or am I missing something >>

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate("") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

Local $iEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 5, 5, 390, 390, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Local $sReturn = "Z"
    FOr $i = 1 To 60001
        $sReturn &= "A" & @CRLF
    Next
    $sReturn &= "Z"

GUICtrlSetData($iEdit, $sReturn)

ConsoleWrite(StringLen($sReturn) & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite(StringLen(GUICtrlRead($iEdit)) & @CRLF)

While 1
        If GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

AZJIO,

Fixed. Plus you didn't respond to my previous question of where you came up with the 30,000 character limit?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

_GUICtrlListView_Create - Help file mentions that if the function fails it returns 0, but doesn't mention that it also sets @error to tell you why it failed.

I think at the very least it should mention the error values returned so that the user might know why it's failing, they'll be able to figure out that it failed because the LV isn't created, but no idea why.

Done.

Keep the bug reports coming please.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

guinness

Two days ago I tested the HTML-code in the program RegExp, and I could not get the desired results. It was found that the desired text has been cut off after the 30 913 characters. I searched a few topics on the forum (Ru) and realized that the problem is. Added the line: GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $EM_LIMITTEXT, -1, 0)

Today, decided to check the dependence on the version 3.3.6.1 and 3.3.9.1. Now I have works fine. I'm trying to find the cause. Maybe some kind of a character that could crash. Or other circumstances surrounding.

Edited by AZJIO

Ah OK, thanks for clarifying.

UDF List:

_GUICtrlComboBox_AddDir

$DDL_DIRECTORY - Includes subdirectories

Done. Thanks.

UDF List:

_GUICtrlTreeView_Create

DllStructGetData($TVS_CHECKBOXES - Enables check boxes for items, "")

"DllStructGetData" repeated several times in the text of the description

Appendix > GUI Control Styles

$TVS_NOSCROLL | 0x2000 | Disables horizontal scrolling in the control. The control will not display any horizontal scroll bars.

Disables both horizontal and vertical scrolling in the control. The control will not display any scroll bars.

$LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_MULTIWORKAREAS, $LVS_EX_SNAPTOGRID - without description

"DllStructGetData" got into the function _GUICtrlTreeView_SetToolTips, $tagTVHITTESTINFO, _WinAPI_RedrawWindow

FileCopy, FileDelete, FileMove

source: Some file attributes can make the overwriting impossible.

replacement: Some file attributes (R, S, T) ........ To remove the need to remove these attributes using the FileSetAttrib.

Edited by AZJIO

Not really a problem with the Help file documentation as such, but I discovered a "gotcha" with a function that should be mentioned. When using _GUICtrlListView_AddArray if you use the handle of the ListView control, the array is added to the top (start) of the ListView. But, if you use the ControlID (as returned from GUICtrlCreateListView), it adds the array to the bottom of the array. Undocumented item, and probably isn't much of an issue unless you're adding arrays to your listviews more than once.

Code below demonstrates the issue. I have created 2 arrays, 1 with contents in only the first element, and the second with content in both elements so you can see the problem easier. By the way, it doesn't matter what's in the array, it will consistently do this to the listview, whether there's something in both elements or not.

#include <GuiListView.au3>
$GUI = GUICreate("Test GUI", 400, 400, -1, -1)
$ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1", 10, 10, 190, 380)
$ListView2D = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1|Column 2", 10, 10, 380, 380)
$hListView2D = GUICtrlGetHandle($ListView2D)
GUISetState()
Global $Array1D[20][2], $Array2D[20][2]
For $I = 0 To 19
    $Array1D[$I][0] = "Column 1 text " & $I
    $Array2D[$I][0] = $Array1D[$I][0]
    $Array2D[$I][1] = "Column 2 text " & $I
Next
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($hListView2D, $Array2D) ; Adds 2D array to the ListView
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($hListView2D, $Array1D) ; Adds fake 1D array to the top of the ListView using the handle
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListView2D, $Array1D) ; Adds fake 1D array to bottom of the ListView using the control ID
While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

"DllStructGetData" repeated several times in the text of the description

Disables both horizontal and vertical scrolling in the control. The control will not display any scroll bars.

$LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_MULTIWORKAREAS, $LVS_EX_SNAPTOGRID - without description

"DllStructGetData" got into the function _GUICtrlTreeView_SetToolTips, $tagTVHITTESTINFO, _WinAPI_RedrawWindow

FileCopy, FileDelete, FileMove

source: Some file attributes can make the overwriting impossible.

replacement: Some file attributes (R, S, T) ........ To remove the need to remove these attributes using the FileSetAttrib.

Done. Thanks.

UDF List:

Not really a problem with the Help file documentation as such, but I discovered a "gotcha" with a function that should be mentioned. When using _GUICtrlListView_AddArray if you use the handle of the ListView control, the array is added to the top (start) of the ListView. But, if you use the ControlID (as returned from GUICtrlCreateListView), it adds the array to the bottom of the array. Undocumented item, and probably isn't much of an issue unless you're adding arrays to your listviews more than once.

Code below demonstrates the issue. I have created 2 arrays, 1 with contents in only the first element, and the second with content in both elements so you can see the problem easier. By the way, it doesn't matter what's in the array, it will consistently do this to the listview, whether there's something in both elements or not.

#include <GuiListView.au3>
$GUI = GUICreate("Test GUI", 400, 400, -1, -1)
$ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1", 10, 10, 190, 380)
$ListView2D = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1|Column 2", 10, 10, 380, 380)
$hListView2D = GUICtrlGetHandle($ListView2D)
GUISetState()
Global $Array1D[20][2], $Array2D[20][2]
For $I = 0 To 19
    $Array1D[$I][0] = "Column 1 text " &amp; $I
    $Array2D[$I][0] = $Array1D[$I][0]
    $Array2D[$I][1] = "Column 2 text " &amp; $I
Next
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($hListView2D, $Array2D) ; Adds 2D array to the ListView
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($hListView2D, $Array1D) ; Adds fake 1D array to the top of the ListView using the handle
_GUICtrlListView_AddArray($ListView2D, $Array1D) ; Adds fake 1D array to bottom of the ListView using the control ID
While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd

Umm. That's a code bug.

Umm. That's a code bug.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or how it was supposed to work but I didn't dig deep enough into the code to find out.

It would probably be easier to fix by just converting the controlID to a handle inside the function rather than writing 2 sections of code, 1 for a handle and 1 for a controlID.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or how it was supposed to work but I didn't dig deep enough into the code to find out.

It would probably be easier to fix by just converting the controlID to a handle inside the function rather than writing 2 sections of code, 1 for a handle and 1 for a controlID.

That would cause the code to by-pass AutoIt's native function entirely. I'm on the fence as to whether that's a good idea or not. On the one hand the case can be made that there's no guarantee the function will internally call AutoIt-native functions but on the other hand I - at least - assume that if I pass in control IDs that is what will happen.

AZJIO,

Is this from your own Help file you're developing for the Russian community? Perhaps you should add a description of what the control sequences achieve.

UDF List:

COM Extensions to AutoIt

Msg/p> Box(0, "", "There was an error on the previous line.")

Fixed. Thanks.

UDF List: