Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Command3r

Numbering lines

20 posts in this topic

Hello, i have 2 questions:

First: Read an text file and numbering every line.

Second: Write ">>>" or any text i want every first line.

Ex.1

blablablablababla
blablablablabala
blablablablababl
blablablablababb

l want make texts above like that:

1- blablablablababla
2- blablablablabala
3- blablablablababl
4- blablablablababb

Ex.2

blablablablababla
blablablablabala
blablablablababl
blablablablababb

Put an text at every line at first.

>>> blablablablababla
>>> blablablablabala
>>> blablablablababl
>>> blablablablababb

Although i searched, i don't tried because i don't know from where should i start or try. :)

Please post first solution in single script and second solution in single script too. ;)

Thanks. ;)

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Advice for you[/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]: [/font][u]Search[/u] before posting.

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"] *********** Problem solved? if yes [/font][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;] *********[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]******* press "Mark Solved" button. *******[/font]

Command3r,

You can write the scripts yourself like this: ;)

- Read the file into an a array with _FileReadToArray.

- Then loop through the array and add either the loop variable or the ">>>" to each line depending on whether you want line numbers or the arrows.

- Finally rewrite the file with _FileWriteFromArray.

Give it a go and see how you get on. :)

M23

1 person likes this

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

@M23

Thanks alot :) i tried that and worked!!! :);)

#include <File.au3>

$File = @ScriptDir & "test.txt"

Local $aRecords
If Not _FileReadToArray($File, $aRecords) Then
MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading log to Array   error:" & @error)
Exit
EndIf
For $x = 1 To $aRecords[0]
MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x])
FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "Writed.txt", ">>>" & $aRecords[$x]& @CRLF)
Next

Thanks again <3333

EDIT: i'll try FileWriteFromArray ;) >> got the script from help file and edit it a little. :D

Edited by Command3r

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Advice for you[/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]: [/font][u]Search[/u] before posting.

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"] *********** Problem solved? if yes [/font][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;] *********[/color]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]******* press "Mark Solved" button. *******[/font]

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I can't write the file from "_FileWriteFromArray" what's wrong?

#include <File.au3>

Local $aRecords
MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading log to Array   error:" & @error)
Exit
EndIf
MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x])
;~  FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "Writed.txt", ">>> " & $aRecords[$x]& @CRLF) ; Working :D
_FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords[$x] & @CRLF) ; Not working
Next
Edited by Command3r

Because you need to pass the whole array.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Command3r,

You are trying to write an element of the array ($arecords). Just write the entire array (remove the subscript)

kylomas

edit: hold on, there's more wrong with your code!!!

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Command3r,

You do NOT want to write the file in a loop. You want to format each element of the array in the loop and write the file once at the end.

kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Command3r, Similar to this (not tested)

#include <FILE.AU3>$File = @ScriptDir & "test.txt" Local $aRecords If Not _FileReadToArray($File, $aRecords) Then MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error) Exit EndIf For $x = 1 To $aRecords[0] ;MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x]) $arecords[$x] = $x & '-' & $arecords[$x] Next ;~ FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "Writed.txt", ">>> " & $aRecords[$x]& @CRLF) ; Working :D _FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords & @CRLF) ; Not working
kylomas

Edited by kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

Command3r,

Somethings wrong with the way I'm editing. Try this

#include <File.au3>

Local $aRecords
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading log to Array   error:" & @error)
    Exit
EndIf
    ;MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x])
    $arecords[$x] = $x & '-' & $arecords[$x]
Next
;~  FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "Writed.txt", ">>> " & $aRecords[$x]& @CRLF) ; Working :D
_FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords, default, default, @crlf)

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

@guinness

what do u mean :)

@kylomas

ur script gives me errors and i dont understand it ;)

thx all for help ;)

Edited by Command3r

Command3r,

What errors? Post the script EXACTLY as you ran it. Need to see the input file.

The Heat and Bulls are in a good one so response may be slow...

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

the script

#include <File.au3>

Local $aRecords
MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading log to Array   error:" & @error)
Exit
EndIf
;MsgBox(0, 'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x])
$aRecords[$x] = $x & '-' & $aRecords[$x]
Next
_FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords, Default, Default, @CRLF)

The Error:

Line 262 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\File.au3"):
If FileWrite($hFile, $a_Array[$x] & @CRLF) = 0 then
If FileWrite($hFile, $a_Array[^ ERROR

Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted.

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

This should work >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <File.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $aArray, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "Test.txt"
    _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aArray)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
        $aArray[$i] = $i & '-' & $aArray[$i]
    Next

Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, 2) ; Empty the file contents.
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    FileWrite($hFileOpen, "")
    FileClose($hFileOpen)

_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aArray, 1, $aArray[0])
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness
1 person likes this

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Command3r,

What you have now should work, other than the _FileWriteFromArray line which should read:

_FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords, 1)

You need to use the $i_Base parameter to prevent rewriting the count in the [0] element.

The reason you had an error before is because you were trying to write an element of the array which did not exist - this is because the count variable is always one more then the top value after a loop.. :)

M23

guinness,

Just seen your post - you do not need the FileOpen section. From the Help file for _FileWriteFromArray: ;)

"If a string path is provided, the file is overwritten and closed."

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

@guinness

It's Working!!! :D but i've to study it :) it's a little hard.

Thanks. ;)

@M23

Thanks for notice. ;)

Anyway i got what i want with FileWrite :D :D

Thanks all. :)

Edited by Command3r

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

"If a string path is provided, the file is overwritten and closed."

Weird, because the other day I was using _FileWriteFromArray and it appended to the end of the file, or maybe it didn't :S

Without the FileOpen.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#include <File.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $aArray, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "Test.txt"
    _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aArray)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

For $i = 1 To $aArray[0]
        $aArray[$i] = $i & '-' & $aArray[$i]
    Next

_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aArray, 1, $aArray[0])
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness

guinness,

It just worked fine for me. :)

M23

Spoiler

It must have been one of those my PC was playing up or something! Also goes to show how much I read the Help file :)

M23,

IT looks like he wants to change the delimiter to @CRLF. So would it not be

_FileWriteFromArray($File, $aRecords, 1, default, @crlf)

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

kylomas,

No - that parameter is for the delimiters in 2D arrays. You get a @CRLF at the end of each line automatically. :)

M23

Spoiler