Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scriptmaster

Add Script To Startup Folder

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Have you ever wanted to make your script copy itself to the startup folder

but not every time.

And when the user removes it it can be a pain.

But now with my new add-on your script is always there.

;any includes you may have
If not FileExists(@StartupDir & "/" & "your script's name.exe") Then
  FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir)
EndIf
;===========
;===========
;your script here
;===========
;===========

Have Fun!

Edited by Scriptmaster

shutdown(1)

Why the need for an If...Else statement? Secondly how do I uninstall or how do I install to the all users startup folder? Thirdly why do you copy the script, perhaps a shortcut would be better?

If Not FileExists(@StartupDir & "/" & "your script's name.exe") Then
  FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir)
EndIf

Perhaps this will give you an idea

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

It may be simpler to use the following:

FileCreateShortcut ( "file", "lnk" [, "workdir" [, "args" [, "desc" [, "icon" [, "hotkey" [, icon number [, state]]]]]]] )

EDIT:

Darn it, I replied to this, thinking it was in another forum, not the examples... as this seems to be more of a support questions as opposed to an example. Feel free to delete my post or move it or whichever is felt as best to do.

Edited by WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

$Autostart=0

If $Autostart=1 Then

$filename=StringRegExpReplace(@ScriptName, '(^.*).(.*)$', '1')

If Not FileExists(@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk') Then FileCreateShortcut ( @ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk' )

EndIf

;=============

$DelAutostart=0

If $DelAutostart=1 Then

If FileExists(@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk') Then FileDelete (@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk')

EndIf

;=============

Func _Autostart()

If $Autostart=1 Then

If Not FileExists(@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk') Then FileCreateShortcut ( @ScriptFullPath, @StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk' )

Else

If FileExists(@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk') Then FileDelete (@StartupDir&''&$filename&'.lnk')

EndIf

EndFunc