Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeathRow

How can I click on a link in a window ?( not IE ! )

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I want to automatize a 'click on a specific link' in a web browser window( I know for IE its a function for this )but I don't use IE ,I use Firefox. So how can I do this ?

Or if I could click on a specific text it would be resolved. Can I find a specific text in a window and click on it ? o.O

Edited by DeathRow

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Search the Forum for the Firefox UDF. I don't use FF so I have no idea if it's good.

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Search the Forum for the Firefox UDF. I don't use FF so I have no idea if it's good.

Oh I know the FF UDF too.I missed to tell that I don't want/(can't) install the plugin so I can't use it with the _FF.au3 ;)

There is a UDF for Opera too.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Without the plugin, you can't do it in firefox.

Sure you can; you just can't identify and click the link specifically. You will have to know the position of the link on the screen and use screen coordinates to click in that particular location.

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Sure you can; you just can't identify and click the link specifically. You will have to know the position of the link on the screen and use screen coordinates to click in that particular location.

Yes you are correct but the big short comings are:

• your screen size may change thus move items around
  • You have zoomed in or out on the page
  • The site owner changes the page in some manner
I would just install the plugin in Firefox and move on. A second option is simply use Firefox portable and install the plugin on that. Then it makes no difference locally on the PC. Edited by MPH

Yes you are correct but the big short comings are:

• your screen size may change thus move items around
  • You have zoomed in or out on the page
  • The site owner changes the page in some manner

I absolutely agree with you. I was just providing an option.

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

If it was that simple,I didn't ask here - its easy when you have the coordinates ,but just what MPH said, the links won't be in the same location everytime and I can't install that plugin( long story... ).

So If I could search thru all the text from that window ,and to click on a specific letter, would be great.

Why controlclick doesn't work with hyperlinks ? Why if you press tab, you can select the hyperlink and with the autoit commands you can't?