Sign in to follow this  
Athos

WEnd^Error

Athos

Hi guys, I've written a script that is about 600 lines long and takes about 8 minutes to go through. It interacts both with a program and it's embedded browser.

The problem is sometimes, when I'm automating the embedded browser I get an error stating:

Line 585 (File: Location of IE.au3):

WEnd

WEnd^ERROR

Error:The requested action with this object has failed.

I'm trying to debug my script, but I find that this error shows up in seemingly random places, and that sometimes my script will run perfectly through, with no errors, but other times these statments show up and I have to run the entire script again.

Could I have some insight into the nature of this error, and what I can do to prevent it?

Thanks,

Athos

Edited by Athos

Mechaflash

There's a chance you may have left either a conditional statement or loop open in your code prior to the call to w/e function is in IE.au3.

Make sure you have all opening/closing brackets and start/end commands correct. (i.e. If [...] EndIf, While [...] WEnd, For [...] Next etc.)

Edited by mechaflash213

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Athos

I just checked and all my while and for loops end correctly, so I don't think that is the problem. Again, sometimes my script runs perfectly.

The only lead I have, is I think it might have to do with Sleep Statements within my code. The errors seem less likely when I take them out. Again not sure why..

Then again it may have no effect whatsoever.

Edited by Athos

water

This has been discussed a few times on the forum. Please check or other threads.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Athos

Water, I actually completely went through that thread before posting this. I believe my situation is different than that OP because my errors are seemingly randomly occuring. The OP kept getting the same error at the same consistant place. Therefore, I figured this was worth its own discussion.

Not to mention, I'm using an Embedded browser, and not IE create.

Edited by Athos

Athos

An apparent solution to the IE_create was setting $f_wait to 0. The problem with that is, IE_Attach doesn't have a $f_wait, so I have no clue how to go about solving this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      Hi, i feel im close to getting it to work, but there must be something im missing that's probably easy for you experts.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $Visible = 1 Local $oIE $oIE = _IECreate("https://beemp3s.net/mp3-download.html", 0, $Visible, 1, 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) If $oIE <> @error Then ;_ArrayText() _QuerySite('Finding Hope - Without You') ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not create a new window') EndIf ;============================================================================= Func _QuerySite($Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToSearch = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'query') _IEDocInsertText($oIE_ObjectToSearch, $Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "search-action") _IEAction($oIE_ObjectToClick, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oSubmitClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "col-md-12") _IEAction($oSubmitClick, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oBtn In $oBtns If String($oBtn.classname) = "col-md-12" Then If String($oBtn.innertext) = "Download / Play" Then ConsoleWrite($oBtn.innertext & @CRLF) _IEAction($oBtn, 'click') EndIf EndIf Next ;============================================================================= ;Local $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) ;For $oElement In $oElements ; If $oElement.id Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Element Info", "Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement.innerText) ;Next ;============================================================================= ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit ;============================================================================= EndFunc ;==>_QuerySite ;============================================================================= Func _ArrayText() If FileExists('Titles.txt') Then Local $FO = FileOpen('Titles.txt') Local $R2A = FileReadToArray($FO) Local $iLineCount = @extended FileClose($FO) For $f = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ConsoleWrite($f & ' - ' & $R2A[$f] & @CRLF) _QuerySite($R2A[$f]) Next Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not find the file Titles.txt') EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ArrayText ;============================================================================= The idea is to get into this site, write into the search and click, which i did, but now the problem is clicking in any of the buttons in the results page, im looking for a way to click the first one, it always matches to what i want, so no need to fiddle around.
      Site
      Thanks for help in advance.

• yoschga
      By yoschga
      is there a possibility to let ie.au3 click into a form? i use on a project where i need to click into a form where items are loaded just writing it in or fill the form is no option

• RamaKrishna9
      By RamaKrishna9
      What are the minimum system requirements(like Windows OS version, IE browser version, etc,.) for IE.au3(3.3.14.2) to work properly?
    • MakzNovice
      By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I am working on modifying table data of a browser currently in IE (soon in FF)
      My sequence of operations:
      1. Activate Browser
      2. Get Browser table
      3. Modify data  in table
      4. Suppress any warning/error message from webpage
      5. Activate the Webpage again 
      6. Send {F11} key sequence twice to achieve some update without Updating form ( {F5})

My problem is at Step 5, as it activates the wrong window ( last used application rather than my browser window)
      My code snippet for it as follows
      $bFoundWindow = False Local $aList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Internet Explorer.*)]") Local $hWND = 0 For $i = 1 To $aList[0][0] If False = $bFoundWindow And $aList[$i][0] <> "" And BitAND(WinGetState($aList[$i][1]), 1) Then WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) ; 1. Activate Browser window WinSetState ( $aList[$i][1], "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) $hWND = $aList[$i][1] $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($aList[$i][1], "hwnd") $oTitles = _IETagNameGetCollection($objEditIE, "TITLE") For $oTitle In $oTitles $sTitle = $oTitle.innerText If $sTitle = $searchString Then MsgBox(0,"APPLICATION Found", "Got Edit List Window", 1) $bFoundWindow = True ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf Next If False = $bFoundWindow Then MsgBox(0,"Error","Please launch Edit window for updating values in Browser prior to script execution",10) Exit EndIf ; MY CODE HERE TO MODIFY TABLE ; 2. Get Browser table ; 3. Modify data  in table ; Check if message from webpage pop-up window exists if so click ok on it Local $nCounter = 0 Local $nMaxCounter = 5 while 1 If WinExists("Message from webpage","") Then ControlClick("Message from webpage","","Button1","primary",1) ;4. Suppress any warning/error message from webpage Else $nCounter = $nCounter + 1 Sleep(100) ;MsgBox(0,"Counter", $nCounter, 1) If $nCounter = $nMaxCounter Then ExitLoop EndIf WEnd ;5. Activate the Webpage again  WinActivate($hWND) ; have already tried WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) but no success ;6. Send {F11} key sequence twice to achieve some update without Updating form ( {F5}) Send("{F11}") WinActivate($hWND) ;WinActivate($aList[$i][1]) Sleep(100) Send("{F11}") Any support will be highly appreciated
    • MakzNovice
      By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I am working on custom application details of which I am unable to share.
      But here is statement of my problem, I have two IE windows one window with Title "Parent " and other with "TableEdit", but for some reason when I get WinList they are shown as 2 processes each. ( see attached image)
      Since my most important motive is to modify table data in 'TableEdit' I try to access the table in it
      My code snippet is 
      ***********************************************************************************************
      $searchString = "TableEdit"
      Local $aList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Internet Explorer.*)]")
      _ArrayDisplay($aList)
      For $i = 1 To $aList[0][0]
          If $aList[$i][0] <> "" And BitAND(WinGetState($aList[$i][1]), 2) Then
              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Title: " & $aList[$i][0] & @CRLF & "Handle: " & $aList[$i][1])
              If 0 <> StringInStr($aList[$i][0],"TableEdit") Then
                  $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($aList[$i][1])
                  ExitLoop
              EndIf
          EndIf
      Next
      WinActivate($objEditIE)
      $oPageContentListFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($objEditIE, "iframe_1")
      $iNumFrames = @extended
      MsgBox(0,"Got pagecontent",@error) ; returns 3, indicating invalid data type
      MsgBox(0,"Number of Frame",$iNumFrames) ; returns 1, expected value is 1 
      ***********************************************************************************************
      and If I do code as below the return value is different
      $searchString = "TableEdit"
       $objEditIE = _IEAttach ($searchString, "title")
      WinActivate($objEditIE)
      $oPageContentListFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($objEditIE, "iframe_1")
      $iNumFrames = @extended
      MsgBox(0,"Got pagecontent",@error) ; returns 0
      MsgBox(0,"Number of Frame",$iNumFrames) ; returns 0. expected value is 1
      What is wrong with my code? 
      Why do I see two process each for IE for each window?

WinListImage.bmp