Sign in to follow this  
MvGulik

[solved] Forum: Finding topic based on topic number only?

MvGulik

Wondering about the possible ways to find a particular forum topic solely base on a given topic-number.

Not working for example: (Space in '/ /' is intentional.)

- http:/ /www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/<number>

- http:/ /www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic?<number>

- 1) Using the BBC ... tag in forum editor and previewing the message.

-- Pro: works.

-- Con: only available to registered forum users. (major con in my view.)

- 2) ?

---

Note: remove the space in 'http:/ /www...' part.

---

Topic Solved, and considered closed.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

water

I think this is not possible with the current version of the board.

When would this be useful anyway?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

BrewManNH

http:/ /www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=<topic number goes here>

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

water

Just tried with IE on Windows 7 and FF on Ubuntu - didn't work here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Melba23

BrewManNH,

Works fine on my IE9/Vista - thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

water,

I have list of "interesting" threads that I keep. Up until now I have had to start the editor, enter [topic="####"]title[/topic], run "Preview post", and click the resulting link to get there. This will make it much easier. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

MvGulik

When would this be useful anyway?

The case that's on my mind is some none forum user that is using some UDF that's only giving the AutoIt forum topic number in its UDF-Doc block.

Although, as I needed to ask, the correct way (thanks BrewManNH) is probably not really going to help in those cases either.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

water

I will try it again later, don't know why it doesn't work here :(

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

BrewManNH

You have to remove the space between the two // after the http or IE adds a third one in there and you get 404 error. If I didn't have that space there the forum tries to convert it to a URL and messes it up even more.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

water

I see. As always, as soon as you do it the right way it works :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, i have a variable (floating number - could be positive or negative), i wish to print it into a text file, how can i keep the format in such a way that it always has 4 digits ahead of decimal and 2 after decimal
      basically i have total 7 columns in the text file to print the variable  ;
      eg: variable = 1.235, output requied = 0001.24
      variable=-23.55555, output required =-023.56
    • spikespaz
      By spikespaz
      The rule against game automation is misguided and unhelpful for the following reasons.

I am a developer, using AutoIt to automate testing for a game that I am developing. Singleplayer games can be mundane and sometimes cheating can be overlooked. Multiplayer games usually have anticheat against repetitive robotic actions anyways. People want to override the control schemes of games with bad customization. Eg. Axiom Verge, Fortnite (Crouching). Game automation is not always bad. If the user feels the need to automate a singleplayer game for boring or mundane tasks, that is their choice. Similarly, if I wish to use scripts to automate testing, that is my choice.
      Game automation can be a problem for online multiplayer games, giving players a competitive advantage. This could be countered by common sense; ask OP what game they are automating, and is it an online game? What is this script for, and what does it seem to do?

Please revise the rule as it seems very unnecessary and harmful to people seeking help with innocent attempts at game automation.
    • QuickWhiteWolf
      By QuickWhiteWolf
      Hi everyone,

I was previously a member of this forum under the username Wombat. It's been years and multiple email accounts closed since then so I decided to start fresh and take a moment to thank you all... (Admins/Mods let me know if we need to discuss this...)

I started programming with AutoIT while working as a scrap catcher for a machine that chopped scrap into pieces for easier moving, I learned styles and gained strengths from some of the best members on this forum by reverse engineering their code. I gained the confidence of our IT manager by making a boast that I could write an application to replace a p.o.s. cobalt based app we were using on the floor at that time, needless to say I was way in over my head but he saw that I had potential and I luckily had built several other apps on the side that were of equal or greater value to the company. I've been working as help-desk for the past 3 years and writing software as well to facilitate the help desk and solve recurring issues with our users. I was given an office and moved out of help-desk about a year ago, after 5 years of hard work I've actually landed the title of Jr. Developer moving into mid level title/pay this year! The company has already set out an improvement path that sees me with 4 certs and a bachelors in 4 more years making great money. Before this I had only ever worked at gas stations, fast food and manual labor jobs. If you're ever worried about your life, want something more, or just want a change you can do it. It's not easy, not at all, but it's possible and software programming is a very rewarding field if you like to make things and see how others interact with them.

I utilized AutoIT to bring a company into the twenty-first century, away from paper trails and sticky notes improving the quality of life for the employees on the floor (where I started before learning AutoIT). I was given the go ahead to purchase visual studio and I learned VB.Net and built an awesome piece of Zebra labeling software (Utilizing ZPL code translated froma graphical editor) for our shipping department. Now I'm diving head first into C# and we have another programmer on board as we move on to MS Team Services and begin to tackle a sweet new project involving real time awareness of our product on the factory floor utilizing RFID and windows 10 tablets.

That's a long way to come in just 4 years, and I couldn't have done it without the gigantic heart this community has and the mentorship provided for people looking to get into programming.

So from the bottom of my heart, with immense respect.... Thank you so much AutoIT community
    • triodz
      By triodz
      I want the number in a file to be overwritten with the next number up each time a button is pressed. 
      So it is pressed once, the number '1' is written to the file. It is pressed again and the number '2' overwrites the first number.
      At the moment I get the number 1 written, but can't get it to overwrite. What I have so far:
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\soulf\Desktop\CalcGui\RLCalc.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 426, 141) $One = GUICtrlCreateButton("1", 32, 72, 25, 25) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### Func First ()     $fPath = "C:\temp\First.txt"     $fOpen = FileOpen ($fPath, 2)     $Counter = FileReadLine ($fpath)     $counter = $counter + 1     $fWrite = filewriteline ($fPath, $counter)     FileClose ($fpath) EndFunc While 1     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()     Switch $nMsg         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit         Case $One             Call ("First")     EndSwitch WEnd I tried a Do Until statement, but that just puts the numbers 1 to 5 in the file.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello!
      After watching a whole day of "Journey into cryptography" at Khan Academy, I have got to know the secrets behind some sneaky things! . This is one of em', A PRNG (Pseudo Random Number Generator). Its features (atleast what I believe) are:
      Simple, short and crappy. Great for beginners who are baffled by the mechanics of random number generation in computers! Support for custom seeds! EIGHT DIGITS OF RANDOMNESS!!! Unlike all other PRNGs, This one is predictable 1000 possible PRNs when using @MSEC as the seed. No option for min or max, the min is 10000000 and the max is 99999999. The Unlicensed . #cs LICENSE This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means. In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. For more information, please refer to <http://unlicense.org/> #ce LICENSE ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: MiddleSquareRandom ; Description ...: Pseudo-random number generator based on the infamous "Middle Sqaure" method. ; Syntax ........: MiddleSquareRandom([$iSeed = @MSEC]) ; Parameters ....: $iSeed - [optional] A seed for generation of the random number. Default is @MSEC. ; Return values .: A pseudorandom 8 digit integer. ; Author ........: John von Neumann ; Modified ......: Damon Harris (TheDcoder) - Conversion into AutoIt and simplification + further crappification. ; Remarks .......: Fun Fact - The output is based on the $iSeed passed, Same $iSeed = Same pseudo-random number. ; Related .......: Random() ; Link ..........: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-square_method ; Example .......: ConsoleWrite(MiddleSquareRandom() & @CRLF) ; =============================================================================================================================== Func MiddleSquareRandom($iSeed = @MSEC) Local Const $TURNS = 8 Local $sRandomNumber, $sSeed For $iTurn = 1 To $TURNS $iSeed = $iSeed * 2 $sSeed = String($iSeed) $sRandomNumber &= StringMid($sSeed, Ceiling(StringLen($iSeed) / 2), 1) Next Return Int($sRandomNumber) EndFunc  
      Enjoy your numbers, TD .
      P.S NEVER USE THIS FUNCTION IN A REAL WORLD IMPLEMENTATION OF SOMETHING WHICH USES RANDOM NUMBERS!!! THIS ONE IS VERY UNSUITABLE FOR THAT PURPOSE! READ THE POSTS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.