Help with a parse/write

Sam1el

I've tried to write as much of my script as possible without asking for help but i'm stuck. I've searched the forums for my answer and read the help files but not totally sure how to go about my final step.

THe code reads a file in a specified drive and writes a log to a server.

What I need to add is, I need it to look for a specific word and then write the file if the word is present and not write the file if it isn't. I am sure it's a simple if/elsif and exit but not sure how to approach it.

here's a snippet.

Select
Case @OSVersion = "WIN_XP"
  If FileExists("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv\Teamcenter_Integration_for_CATIAV5.txt") Then
   FileReadLine('C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv\Teamcenter_Integration_for_CATIAV5.txt', 10)
   $PCName = @ComputerName
   $file = FileOpen("\\server\SCCM_Logs\" & $PCName & "log.txt", 1)
   ; Write month/day @ time
   FileWrite($file, @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " @ " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & " - ")
   ; Write computer name along with text
   FileWrite($file, $PCName & " - " & "File Exists")
   ; go to next line
   FileWrite($file, @CRLF)
   FileClose($file)
   Exit
  EndIf
EndSelect

i'm super close to what I need. THe word i'm looking for is Amro if that'll help/

Use function StringInStr. Something like

If StringInStr($string, $substring) > 0 Then FileWriteLine(...)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

Maybe this :

Select
Case @OSVersion = "WIN_XP"
If FileExists("C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataDassaultSystemesCATEnvTeamcenter_Integration_for_CATIAV5.txt") Then
$sLineData = FileReadLine('C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataDassaultSystemesCATEnvTeamcenter_Integration_for_CATIAV5.txt', 10)
If StringInStr($sLineData, "Amro") Then
$PCName = @ComputerName

$file = FileOpen("serverSCCM_Logs" & $PCName & "log.txt", 1)
; Write month/day @ time
FileWrite($file, @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " @ " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & " - ")
; Write computer name along with text
FileWrite($file, $PCName & " - " & "File Exists")
; go to next line
FileWrite($file, @CRLF)
FileClose($file)
EndIf
Exit
EndIf
EndSelect

Br, FireFox.

Tried to implement this bit I may be missing something. It will parse and write my file according to my defined line but still wot print if it finds the text I'm looking for.

Be clear, it writes what, and where?

Define print, and print what, and where?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Yes! I would like it to only print the file if it finds the owrd amro and I woul dlike it appended to the name of the file. I am going to test the suggestions given. Thanks so much for your help and patience. caught a nasty staph infection on the business trip I just returned from and i'm half concious.