Completely hide control panel?

^^ i am not crazy :D just in my logic.

My computer is sometimes on for 3-6 days at a strench, and i see no reason to keep "cycling" a loop 4 times a second when the while is only here to keep the script alive. So instead of 4 times a second, its 1 time per day.

Edited by IanN1990

May i ask why its not really recommended?

As the while loop is only there to keep the script alive so hooks can process things. I figured have a long sleep in there :)

It's not about not being recommended, but the expression "less is more" comes to mind. I would say if you have to use sleep for more than 10 seconds then use a timer of some description instead of pausing the script.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Is Sleep() itself not an active function?

I had the idea in my head that long sleeps actually would increase cpu cycles over

more shorter sleeps where in between the cpu is completely free.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Interesting theory, but I couldn't find anything to back this up.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yeah, I never based it on anything really, just was there for some reason.

If a process is Spleeping, then an API must be polling the time during that Sleep

if there are breaks between that sleep I would assume possibly incorrectly that

relief of those polls would equal less cpu cycles.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry, to extend this topic, but I didn't think it was worth it creating a new topic.)

Lately, I've been trying to use a similar script to this one in combination with opening/exiting an application. When I open the application, I want the sound device disabled; when I exit it, I want the sound device enabled again. This is what I have now:

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 0)
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 0)

local $Sound
$SystemHook = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterWindowMessageW', 'wstr', 'SHELLHOOK')
GUIRegisterMsg($SystemHook[0], "GUIHook")
DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterShellHookWindow', 'hwnd', GUICreate('Autoit Hook GUI'))

Run("control mmsys.cpl")
Sleep(300)
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Finale 2012\Finale.exe")

While ProcessExists ( "Finale.exe" )
Sleep(1)
WEnd

Sleep(1000)

If Not UBound(ProcessList( "AutoIt3_x64.exe" )) > 1 Then
Run("ToggleSound.exe")
EndIf

Func GUIHook($hWnd,$Msg,$wParam,$lParam)
Switch StringRight($wParam, 1)
Case 1
If WinGetTitle($lParam) = WinGetTitle("") and $Sound = 0 Then
$Sound = 1
WinMove(WinGetTitle(""),"",-500,-500)
Send("{DOWN 3}{APPSKEY}{DOWN 10}{ENTER 2}")
EndIf
EndSwitch
EndFunc

It works, until the "If Not UBound line". Then, I need to apply some form of recursion, to run the script again. But for some reason I can't get the Guihook method to run for the second time...

Edited by KeyMs92

• 8 months later...

Heya,

I'm trying to create a Outlook profile by running the guide (C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14MLCFG32.CPL)

Now, since i don't want the user to interact with the guide nor to see it, Universalists excelent hook works like a charm.

However it only seems to work for a single GUI, once the "Show profiles" button is clicked a new window is opened and the hook looses the "link" and the new window "flickers" before i manage to make it transparent. Could someone help me either modify my script or in some other way hide the guide?

Mind the window-titles being in swedish :)

Local $Email
$GUIHook = GUICreate('Autoit Hook GUI') ;A GUI is needed to catch the messages.
;~ MsgBox(0, "", $GUIHook)
$SystemHook = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterWindowMessageW', 'wstr', 'SHELLHOOK') ;This the hook cut down and simplifed. Check link for a more detailed info on it.
GUIRegisterMsg($SystemHook[0], "GUIHook") ;Is the function you want to regesiter the Hook to. "GUIHook"
DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterShellHookWindow', 'hwnd', $GUIHook) ;Links it to your GUI so you can see the messages.

Run('control "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MLCFG32.CPL"') ;Runs the Program

While 1
    Sleep(250)
    ;This is to keep the script alive, check HotKeySet in HelpFile. Its the same idea.
WEnd

Func GUIHook($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
        Case 1 ;Window Created
            If WinGetTitle("Konfigurera e-post") And $Email = 0 Then
                $Email = 1
                WinSetTrans(WinGetTitle("Konfigurera"), "", 100)
                ControlClick(WinGetTitle("Konfigurera"), "", "Button3")
                WinWait("E-post")
                WinSetTrans(WinGetTitle("E-post"), "", 100)
                ControlClick(WinGetTitle("E-post"), "", "Button1")
                Exit
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>GUIHook
Edited by faldo

Heya,

I'm trying to create a Outlook profile by running the guide (C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice14MLCFG32.CPL)

Now, since i don't want the user to interact with the guide nor to see it, Universalists excelent hook works like a charm.

However it only seems to work for a single GUI, once the "Show profiles" button is clicked a new window is opened and the hook looses the "link" and the new window "flickers" before i manage to make it transparent. Could someone help me either modify my script or in some other way hide the guide?

Mind the window-titles being in swedish :)

Local $Email
$GUIHook = GUICreate('Autoit Hook GUI') ;A GUI is needed to catch the messages.
;~ MsgBox(0, "", $GUIHook)
$SystemHook = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterWindowMessageW', 'wstr', 'SHELLHOOK') ;This the hook cut down and simplifed. Check link for a more detailed info on it.
GUIRegisterMsg($SystemHook[0], "GUIHook") ;Is the function you want to regesiter the Hook to. "GUIHook"
DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RegisterShellHookWindow', 'hwnd', $GUIHook) ;Links it to your GUI so you can see the messages.

Run('control "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MLCFG32.CPL"') ;Runs the Program

While 1
    Sleep(250)
    ;This is to keep the script alive, check HotKeySet in HelpFile. Its the same idea.
WEnd

Func GUIHook($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
        Case 1 ;Window Created
            If WinGetTitle("Konfigurera e-post") And $Email = 0 Then
                $Email = 1
                WinSetTrans(WinGetTitle("Konfigurera"), "", 100)
                ControlClick(WinGetTitle("Konfigurera"), "", "Button3")
                WinWait("E-post")
                WinSetTrans(WinGetTitle("E-post"), "", 100)
                ControlClick(WinGetTitle("E-post"), "", "Button1")
                Exit
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>GUIHook

If this is unrelated to control panel, I suggest you post a new thread.

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")