Sign in to follow this  
logo78

MS-Word Doc: searching for a certain formated place/string

logo78

Hi,

i found several examples and also some UDF's, but they didnt helped me really well.

Can someone give me an broad hint, how to automate the following neccessary process in a word file thorugh an AutoIT script?

• find all places/strings which have the (font.color grey25% or grey50%) and are striken through

and make it hidden (FontEffectsHidden Text)

• find all places/strings which are in font.color red

and change their font.color into black

Thanks...

:idiot:

Edited by logo78

water

In VBScript this would look like:

'
' Makro3 Makro
'
'
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find.Font
    .StrikeThrough = True
    .DoubleStrikeThrough = False
    .Color = -603946753
End With
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.Font.Hidden = True
With Selection.Find
    .Text = ""
    .Replacement.Text = ""
    .Forward = True
    .Wrap = wdFindAsk
    .Format = True
    .MatchCase = False
    .MatchWholeWord = False
    .MatchWildcards = False
    .MatchSoundsLike = False
    .MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End Sub

Could you test this with Word? If it gives you the desired result it's easy to translate it to Autoit.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• vin1
      By vin1
      i need a script that can replace words in text with other words from a words list
      it has to have 2 edit boxes input/output and a button "run"
      from word_list.txt it choses which word to replace with. words are separated with commas for multiple choice

; AutoIt GUI Example ; Created: 17/01/2005 - CyberSlug ; Modifed: 05/12/2011 - guinness ; Modifed: 09/06/2014 - mLipok #Region INCLUDE #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #EndRegion INCLUDE #Region GUI GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 420) GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0) #EndRegion GUI #Region EDIT GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 10, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT #Region EDIT2 GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 185, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT2 #Region BUTTON GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 360, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON') #EndRegion BUTTON #Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() #EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP  
    • argumentum
      By argumentum

On the above pic. of the ASCII table, one can see in a "normal" size, the characters below 32.
      I use this chars. to visualize data and comm stuff, and prefer to see it in Terminal, size 9, 400, but in Win 10 looks tiny, forcing me to use a humongous size.
      I'd like to see it as I did in WinXP. If anyone knows how to go about it, by tweaking something or installing a replacement font, please let me know.
      Thanks
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      HELLO GUYS
      I'm a work on a background see and click bot project 
      I can complete it if your help me
      (using imagesearch , gdi+ and  fastfind)
    • tremolux66
      By tremolux66
      I've been experiencing an issue with #cs/#ce block comments and AutoIt code highlighting in ScITE. When I insert the comments-start line, the subsequent lines in the file become comment-colored (green) as expected. Much of the time, when I insert the #ce line, the lines following the comments-end revert to normal code highlighting as expected. But other times, the subsequent lines (to the end of the file) stay green until I save, close, and re-open the file. This seems to occur most often when I am using #cs/#ce to comment-out a section of code, but IIRC it can also occur in cases where I'm just inserting a large comment.
      So far, I haven't noticed any pattern to this behavior. The only thing that I can think of is the way I'm entering the #cs & #ce lines when commenting-out code; I often do the following;
      Insert the #cs line, something like: #cs ======== Explanation for commenting-out ======== Text below the line turns green Copy the entire #cs line Paste it after the code section (as #cs ...) Edit the pasted line to start with #ce instead of #cs The text below the #ce either reverts to normal ScITE/AutoIt highlighting OR remains green, in which case I have to close and reopen the file to restore normal highlighting. I'm using ScITE Version 3.6.0 (Aug  4 2015 17:34:27).
      Any thoughts or suggestions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.