Collection of scripts

AZJIO

Define official? Because the Wiki Snippets are as official as it can get in my humble opinion.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The user gives an example for a collection. As well as the topic "AutoIt Snippets".

1. a brief description of the example

2. link, where discusses an example

3. author

4. folder in which the sample should be located.

Invert Color UDF.au3

; Melba23
; http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/119816-request-invert-color-udf/#entry832566
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
etc

For the above hyperlink the user can always see the discussion, update.

Define official? Because the Wiki Snippets are as official as it can get in my humble opinion.

Yep and THEY have/are working very well. Mainly because of those the keep it running but also because it's OFFICIAL as you point out.

The point I made was all the "database" repositores in the past that died were not official but had a dedicated person running them.

So the only difference is the "official" nature.

Also the "snippets" isn't really a database it's just a number of pages with good pieces of code in them.

How about if everyone just submitted a selection of their best three snippets. Make a big zip and create a. link. You could do this in the form of a quarterly competition. At some point someone might make one big db, if they wish to do so. This way you can continue to post your code in whichever forum you wish and simply provide a link, or do both.

Edited by czardas

I think the wiki has a very nice collection of snippets. The bigger this collection is, the more people will use it. Maybe there could be a server build script that collects all snippets from the wiki. For example it puts all snippets from date & time category into the file datetime_snippets.au3. All these files can then be downloaded into one zip file from the main snippets page and the snippets sticky on the forum.

My take on it is as soon as you put any impediment in the way of people it will stop contributions. It's only human nature to take the easy way out (i.e. Don't contribute).

So how to get people to contribute with little or no effort from them. :ermm:

My suggestion would be a user friendly Code Store (ie Snippet Holder) that can reasily export to and import from a cloud store (eg GIT).

Of course the export/upload would reformat the code/snippet with all the info that the repository/we require.

With this approach people could use the Code store (if it's easy and good enough) and if they want to share the snippet it could be done with little effort.

Also users could update/create their off-line store from the respository then add their own snippets to the collection.

So if we make it easy to use they use it and make contributions because it's easy. :)

Also if it were wirtten in AutoIt then it could be improved and added to keep it current and/or change the repository if needed.

Another 2c

John Morrison

Could you not as a community write a program to store the collection?

And then have scripts submitted to a thread like the snippets is done and then a chosen panel adds them to the program.

If they were all in function form it wouldnt be too hard to add to a basic gui, but the amount of scripts may be an issue..

And then a single rar upload of the file at a share site or 2

Maybe call it the AutoIt Companion :)

Just a thought

Here's another thought.

The most repeatedly asked questions are those which are or could be considered

generic enough for a database of snippets are clearly for game bots.

Might as well just make a bot kit and be done.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Could you not as a community write a program to store the collection?

And then have scripts submitted to a thread like the snippets is done and then a chosen panel adds them to the program.

If they were all in function form it wouldnt be too hard to add to a basic gui, but the amount of scripts may be an issue..

And then a single rar upload of the file at a share site or 2

Maybe call it the AutoIt Companion :)

Just a thought

The trouble is that is still forum based.

I had the situation a couple fo days ago when I was looking for a "snippet" to delete files and folders that would remove delete the files/folders no matter what the attributed (ie system). So I started writting one then decided to search the forum just in case. I found a script/snippet I wrote back in 2009 to do exactly that. :)

That is the trouble with forums they are free form and VERY time based so things get lost.

The forum admins are completly against any form of forum automation so it restricts what can and cant' be done.

That is why I suggested something like GIT as a backend for this a snippet store.

A git hub can be accessed by many different methods is not time based, can be catagory based adn allows for brances and alternate versions which is a better fit for code.

It also removes the need for a zip from to be created as you can download all you need from the GIT and/or write a script to update that local/oof line copy.

John Morrison

I made this a few years ago but no one used it.

i can add new features as required. i also have a fetching API.

autoit-repository.appspot.com/

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search