Sign in to follow this  
Nektra

_IECreate with another Internet Explorer

Nektra

Hi to all!

I'm using an Internet Explorer 9 virtualized and not the Internet Explorer 9 that is installed. My question is: Can I configure _IECreate function to run that IE9 virtualized and not the installed one?

Thanks to all

water

What do you mean by "virtualized"? Do you run the IE9 in another virtual machine?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Nektra

No, in my computer i have a IE9 installed and a portable IE9... I want to run and test the portable version

water

I don't think you can run the portable IE9 using the IE UDF. The UDF uses

ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
to start the browser.

As the portable version doesn't install anything on the PC it doesn't know the classname or CLSID of the portable IE.

You can just run the portable IE9, open an URL and then use _IEAttach to connect to this instance of the IE.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

I understand that he wants to run the mobile version of IE9 from a USB stick or whatever (see post #3)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I have a situation where I need to make one request to get a kind of pre-logon page, then click a link on that pre-logon page, which then returns a login form page, and then fill in information in the form page and submit it.
      How can I handle that using AutoIT?
      I can get the AutoIT script to tab to the link, then send an ENTER, which then causes the FORM page to appear in IE.  However, I cannot seem to get the form object from the FORM page (_IEFormGetObjByName fails when it searches for the form).  Why is that, and how can I get the AutoIT to process the FORM page?
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • seryth
      By seryth
      I have a script that opens some Excel books that  are stored in SharePoint .  Without getting to much into detail as its a very long story I have to open Internet Explorer to the SP site in order for all of this crap to work. 

Anyway I have a bit of code in my script that i found via google-fu
      $ieList = ProcessList("iexplore.exe") If IsArray($ieList) Then For $I = 1 To Ubound($ieList) -1 ProcessWaitClose($ieList[$I][1]) Next EndIf Exit Now on Windows 7 this bit works great.  On Windows Server 2012 R2 where this things runs is another story.  I need to be able to force close all instances of Internet explorer that are running as part of my code. 

Any help is appreciated. 
    • Joro
      By Joro
      Hi,
      I'm struggeling with the following:
      In a website I have to fill in several items. For the normal fields I am able to fill in the information by using UDF "_IEGetObjByName".
      But there is also a dropdown menu and I can't figure out how to choose te right information from it. I have searched the helpfile and the forum but I can't figure it out.
      Here's an excerpt  from the html-page of the site where the dropdown-menu is mentioned:
      <div class="col-md-10 padding-5">
       <div class="btn-group m-r">
        <input type="hidden" name="bedrijfId" class="bedrijfId" value="">
                  <button type="button" data-toggle="dropdown" class="btn btn-sm btn-default dropdown-toggle" >
                       <span class="dropdown-label">Choose Company</span>
                       <span class="caret"></span>
                  </button>
                        <ul class="dropdown-menu dropdown-select" >
                             <li  data-value="2" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 1</a></li>
                             <li  data-value="38" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 2</a></li>
                             <li  data-value="42" data-field="bedrijfId"><a href="#"><input type="radio" name="drp1" />Company 3</a></li>
                        </ul>
          </div>
      </div>

How do I select one of the companies from the dropdown menu?
      Thanks
      Joost
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      usually I do Win automations, so I have no skills at all to handle HTML forms :-/
      The script to catch and syntax check  the required information from Excel is done.
      Now I'd like to automate the upload using this form, too:

http://flashcardsdeluxe.com/flashcards/Upload.aspx
      What browser is easiest to do so? (IE, Chrome, FF) The Values $DeckCode, $DeckName, $DeckDefinition shall go to their HTML form fields finally "click" the button "upload flashcards" <table width="70%" class="cssCenter" border="0"> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Code</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckCode" type="text" id="ctlDeckCode" style="width:50%;" /> (no spaces allowed)</td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Name</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckName" type="text" id="ctlDeckName" style="width:50%;" /> (optional)</td> <td style="width: 1%" align="right"><input type="submit" name="ctlUpload" value="Upload Flashcards" id="ctlUpload" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding-top: 5px" >Flashcard&nbsp;Text</td> <td colspan="2"><textarea name="ctlFlashcardText" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctlFlashcardText" style="height:280px;width:100%;"></textarea></td> </tr> </table> If someone kindly could jump in showing how to address just one of the input fields and how to "click" the "upload flashcards" button, I should be able to do the rest myself.
      TIA, Rudi.

• SteveStrop
      By SteveStrop
      Hi 

I'm trying to:
      1) Open a hidden browser session
      2) Do some stuff in the background
      3)  Make the hidden window visible

This is my code:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/",0,0) $oSearchBox = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "lst-ib") $oSearchBox.innertext = "AutoIT" $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"f") _IEFormSubmit($oForm) WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW)  
      It dosen't work
      The last line does make the window visible but it is an empty greyed out box that disappears as soon as I click on it.
      I have a sort of workaround that hides the browser window as soon as I have created it which works fine:
      $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/") WinSetState("Google","",@SW_HIDE) . . . WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW) But this looks a bit pants as the newly created window flashes on then off of the screen.
      Am I using the wrong method to make the browser window visible?
      Thanks