Care to beta test my current script?

I'm working on a script for one or more monitors that will wrap the mouse around the monitors and yet still allow you to drag windows to the edge of the monitor for the Windows 7 Snap feature. 

So, this is a basic script that does what I set out to do.  I think it will even work on multiple monitors.

If you have more than two monitors and want to test then I will love you forever.

[update -- 05/19/2013] This update has a major difference.  When the user drags the mouse to the edge of a monitor there is a 300 millisecond delay before the mouse will wrap.  This will give the user some time to change their mind.  When the user drags a window or selection rectangle to the edge of a monitor the user will have 700 milliseconds to take advantage of the Windows 7 Snap feature.  If the user has not moved the mouse from the edge within that time then the window will move to the opposite edge.  There are several speed optimizations without getting too silly and wishy washy.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_testing=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -w 7 -d
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

; ============================================================================
; = MosueWrap:                                                               =
; =     I intend to allow for mouse wrap action but still be able to utilize =
; =     the Windows 7 Snap feature.                                          =
; =     Should work on any number of monitors.                               =
; =                                                                          =
; = Credits:                                                                 =
; =   Guinness, etc.                                                         =
; ============================================================================

#include <Misc.au3>

#include <WinAPI.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_Singleton(@ScriptName)

Global Const $mouse_proc_callback = DllCallbackRegister("mouse_proc", "long", "int;wparam;lparam")

Global Const $hook = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_MOUSE_LL, DllCallbackGetPtr($mouse_proc_callback), _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle(0))

Global Const $user32 = DllOpen("User32.Dll")

OnAutoItExitRegister("cleanup")

Global $mouse_hover_time = 300

Global $vertical = True

Global $horizontal = True

Global $paused = True

Do
  Switch Not $paused
    Case True
      mouse_wrap()
      $paused = True
  EndSwitch

Sleep(25)
Until False

Func mouse_proc($code, $w_param, $l_param)
  Switch $code >= 0
    Case True
      Switch $w_param
        Case $WM_LBUTTONDOWN, $WM_RBUTTONDOWN
          $mouse_hover_time = 700

Case $WM_LBUTTONUP, $WM_RBUTTONUP
          $mouse_hover_time = 300

Case $WM_MOUSEMOVE
          $paused = False
        EndSwitch
  EndSwitch

Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hook, $code, $w_param, $l_param)
EndFunc

Func mouse_wrap()
  Static Local $virtual_desktop_width = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics($SM_CXVIRTUALSCREEN) - 1

Static Local $last_x = -1
  Static Local $last_y = -1

Local Const $x = MouseGetPos(0)
  Local Const $y = MouseGetPos(1)

Switch ($last_x <> $x) Or ($last_y <> $y)
    Case True
      $last_x = $x
      $last_y = $y

Switch $horizontal
        Case True
          Select
            Case $x = 0
              Switch hovertime_left_right(0)
                Case True
                  MouseMove($virtual_desktop_width, $y, 0)
                  Return True
              EndSwitch

Case $x = $virtual_desktop_width
              Switch hovertime_left_right($virtual_desktop_width)
                Case True
                  MouseMove(1, $y, 0)
                  Return True
              EndSwitch
          EndSelect
      EndSwitch

Switch $vertical
        Case True
          Local Const $monitor_height = get_monitor_height($x, $y) - 1

Select
            Case $y = 0
              Switch hovertime_top_bottom(0)
                Case True
                  MouseMove($x, $monitor_height, 0)
              EndSwitch

Case $y = $monitor_height
              Switch hovertime_top_bottom($monitor_height)
                Case True
                  MouseMove($x, 1, 0)
              EndSwitch
          EndSelect
      EndSwitch
  EndSwitch

Return True
EndFunc

Func hovertime_top_bottom(Const ByRef $edge)
  Local Const $hover_time = TimerInit()

Do
    Switch MouseGetPos(1) <> $edge
      Case True
        Return False
    EndSwitch
  Until Round(TimerDiff($hover_time)) = $mouse_hover_time

Return True
EndFunc

Func hovertime_left_right(Const ByRef $edge)
  Local Const $hover_time = TimerInit()

Do
    Switch MouseGetPos(0) <> $edge
      Case True
        Return False
    EndSwitch
  Until Round(TimerDiff($hover_time)) = $mouse_hover_time

Return True
EndFunc

Func get_monitor_height(Const ByRef $x, Const ByRef $y)
  Static Local $point = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)

DllStructSetData($point, 'x', $x)

DllStructSetData($point, 'y', $y)

Local Const $monitor_handle = _WinAPI_MonitorFromPoint($point)

Local Const $monitor_info = _WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo($monitor_handle)

Return DllStructGetData($monitor_info[1], 4)
EndFunc

#region ; WinAPIEx
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo
; Description....: Retrieves information about a display monitor.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo ( $hMonitor )
; Parameters.....: $hMonitor - A handle to the display monitor of interest.
; Return values..: Success   - The array containing the following information:
;
;                              [0] - $tagRECT structure that specifies the display monitor rectangle, in virtual-screen coordinates.
;                              [1] - $tagRECT structure that specifies the work area rectangle of the display monitor that can be used by applications, in virtual-screen coordinates.
;                              [2] - 1 (True) for the primary display monitor, or 0 (False) otherwise.
;                              [3] - The device name of the monitor being used, e.g. "\\.\DISPLAY1".
;                  Failure - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Author.........: Yashied
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: None
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ GetMonitorInfo
; Example........: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo(Const ByRef $hMonitor)
  ; I set these to static because I didn't want them to execute everytime the function entered.
  Static Local $tMIEX = DllStructCreate("dword;long[4];long[4];dword;wchar[32]")

Static Local $size = DllStructGetSize($tMIEX)
  Static Local $miex_size = DllStructSetData($tMIEX, 1, $size)

Local Const $Ret = DllCall($user32, "int", "GetMonitorInfoW", "ptr", $hMonitor, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tMIEX))

If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)

Static Local $ptr[2] = [DllStructGetPtr($tMIEX, 1), DllStructGetPtr($tMIEX, 2)]

Local $Result[4]

For $i = 0 To 1
    $Result[$i] = DllStructCreate($tagRECT)

If Not _WinAPI_MoveMemory(DllStructGetPtr($Result[$i]), $ptr[$i], 16) Then
      Return SetError(2, 0, False)
    EndIf
  Next

Switch DllStructGetData($tMIEX, 4)
    Case 1 ; MONITORINFOF_PRIMARY
      $Result[2] = 1
    Case Else
      $Result[2] = 0
  EndSwitch

$Result[3] = DllStructGetData($tMIEX, 5)

Return $Result
EndFunc

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WinAPI_MonitorFromPoint
; Description....: Retrieves a handle to the display monitor that contains a specified point.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_MonitorFromPoint ( $tPOINT [, $iFlag] )
; Parameters.....: $tPOINT - $tagPOINT structure that specifies the point of interest in virtual-screen coordinates.
;                  $iFlag  - The flag that specifies the function's return value if the point is not contained within any display
;                            monitor. This parameter can be one of the following values.
;                            $MONITOR_DEFAULTTONEAREST
;                            $MONITOR_DEFAULTTONULL
;                            $MONITOR_DEFAULTTOPRIMARY
; Return values..: Success - A handle to the display monitor that contains a specified point, or the value depends on the
;                            $MONITOR_* constant.
;                  Failure - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: None
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ MonitorFromPoint
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _WinAPI_MonitorFromPoint(Const ByRef $tPOINT, Const $iFlag = 1)
  Static Local $tpoint_ptr = DllStructGetPtr($tPOINT)

Static Local $tPT = DllStructCreate("long[2]", $tpoint_ptr)

Local Const $Ret = DllCall($user32, "ptr", "MonitorFromPoint", "long", DllStructGetData($tPT, 1, 1), "long", DllStructGetData($tPT, 1, 2), "dword", $iFlag)

If (@error) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)

Return $Ret[0]
EndFunc

; Name...........: _WinAPI_MoveMemory
; Description....: Moves a block of memory from one location to another.
; Syntax.........: _WinAPI_MoveMemory ( $pDestination, $pSource, $iLength )
; Parameters.....: $pDestination - A pointer to the starting address of the move destination.
;                  $pSource      - A pointer to the starting address of the block of memory to be moved.
;                  $iLength      - The size of the block of memory to move, in bytes.
; Return values..: Success       - 1.
;                  Failure       - 0 and sets the @error flag to non-zero.
; Modified.......:
; Remarks........: The source and destination blocks may overlap.
; Related........:
; Link...........: @@MsdnLink@@ RtlMoveMemory
Func _WinAPI_MoveMemory(Const ByRef $pDestination, Const ByRef $pSource, Const ByRef $iLength)
  Static Local $ntdll = DllOpen("ntdll.dll")

DllCall($ntdll, "none", "RtlMoveMemory", "ptr", $pDestination, "ptr", $pSource, "ulong_ptr", $iLength)

If (@error) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)

Return True
EndFunc
#endregion ; WinAPIEx

Func cleanup()
  _WinAPI_UnhookWindowsHookEx($hook)
  DllCallbackFree($mouse_proc_callback)
  DllClose($user32)
EndFunc
Edited by jaberwocky6669

I don't have two monitors to test but I can give you some pointers.

1. Your 'WindowFromPoint' doesn't sit right with me, as this should use a POINT structure instead. I'm actually surprised it works. Why not create a wrapper function of _WinAPI_WindowFromPoint OR just use _WinAPI_WindowFromPoint.

2. I don't quite see the difference between using $WH_MOUSE_LL with _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx and the DLL?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for the pointers!  I implemented the first one.  Now I need to sleep.  I will look more into the rest when I wake up.  I used MouseSpotter's script because I didn't know about _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx.  But now I do thanks to you!

You don't need to call MouseGetPos as in your Mouse_Proc you can pass $lParam to $tagMSLLHOOKSTRUCT and then retrieve the X and Y co-ordinates from the structure. Search the Forum using those keywords.

You learnt anything new today? 0_-

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Well for one you're not calling MouseGetPos twice (I would use the return array option anyway) plus the information is already there, so it seems silly not to take advantage of that information.

UDF List:

Why did you go back? Post what you tried and I will amend it.

UDF List:

I was aggravated yesterday because I had spent hours on minor problems even though I should have known better. 

So the issue I came up against is that when the mouse moves to the edge of the monitor and then stops moving function mouse_proc is called multiple times like twenty of more (I didn't count).

I think the problem is that MOUSEHOOKSTRUCT returns negative values for off screen coordinates and I don't really know the best way to handle those.  Should I clip them off at zero?  I think this is what causes the error that I describe with the repeating even though I stop. 

Here is the best representation of what I had yesterday.  This is untested though but it gives the intent I had.

; ======================================================================================================================
; = Credits:
; =   Guinness, Kylomas, Melba23, trancexx, etc.
; ======================================================================================================================

#include <Misc.au3>

_Singleton(@ScriptName)

#include <WinAPI.au3>

Global Const $mouse_proc_callback = DllCallbackRegister("mouse_proc", "long", "int;wparam;lparam")

Global Const $hook = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_MOUSE_LL, DllCallbackGetPtr($mouse_proc_callback), _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle(0))

Global Const $desktop_width = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(78)

Global Const $monitorx_height = get_monitorx_height()

Global $mouse_x = ''

Global $mouse_y = ''

Global $paused = True

Do
    Switch Not $paused
        Case True
            Select
                Case $mouse_x <= @DesktopWidth
                    Switch $mouse_y
                        Case (@DesktopHeight - 1)
                            MouseMove($mouse_x, 1, 0)
                            ContinueLoop
                    EndSwitch

Case $mouse_x > @DesktopWidth
                    Switch $mouse_y
                        Case ($monitorx_height - 1)
                            ContinueLoop
                    EndSwitch
            EndSelect

Select
                Case $mouse_x = 0
                    MouseMove($desktop_width - 1, $mouse_y, 0)

Case $mouse_x = ($desktop_width - 1)
                    MouseMove(1, $mouse_y, 0)

Case $mouse_y = 0
                    MouseMove($mouse_x, (@DesktopHeight - 1), 0)
            EndSelect
    EndSwitch

Sleep(25)
Until False

Func mouse_proc($code, $w_param, $l_param)
    Static $button_down = False

Switch $code >= 0
        Case True
            Switch $w_param
                    $button_down = True
                    $paused = True

$button_down = False
                    $paused = False

Case $WM_MOUSEMOVE
                    Switch Not $button_down
                        Case True
                            $paused = False

Local Const $mouse_hook = DllStructCreate("ptr;hwnd;uint;ulong_ptr", $l_param)

Local Const $point = DllStructCreate("long x;long y", DllStructGetPtr($mouse_hook, 1))

Local Const $x = DllStructGetData($point, 'x')

Select
                                Case $x < 0
                                    $mouse_x = 0

Case $x > $desktop_width
                                    $mouse_x = $desktop_width

Case Else
                                    $mouse_x = $x
                            EndSelect

Local Const $y = DllStructGetData($point, 'y')

Switch monitor_from_pointx($x, $desktop_width)
                                Case 1
                                    Select
                                        Case $y < 0
                                            $mouse_y = 0

Case $y > @DesktopHeight
                                            $mouse_y = @DesktopHeight

Case Else
                                            $mouse_y = $y
                                    EndSelect

Case 2
                                    Select
                                        Case $y < 0
                                            $mouse_y = 0

Case $y > $monitorx_height
                                            $mouse_y = $monitorx_height

Case Else
                                            $mouse_y = $y
                                    EndSelect

EndSwitch
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hook, $code, $w_param, $l_param)
EndFunc

; ======================================================================
; = Hacky kludge
; = I intend to replace this with something that calls MonitorFromPoint
; = or some other suitable function.
; ======================================================================
Func monitor_from_pointx(Const $x, Const $_desktop_width)
    Select
        Case $x <= @DesktopWidth
            Return 1

Case $x > $_desktop_width
            Return 2
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

; = Mostly Stolen From:
; =   DrLarch: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/131618-detect-monitor-maximum-native-resolution/?p=1071159
Func get_monitorx_height()
    Local Const $display_device = DllStructCreate("dword; char[32]; char[128]; dword; char[128]; char[128]")

DllStructSetData($display_device, 1, DllStructGetSize($display_device))

Local Const $display_monitor_amount = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(80)

DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "EnumDisplayDevices", "ptr", 0, "dword", ($display_monitor_amount - 1), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($display_device), "dword", 1)

Local Const $device_name = DllStructGetData($display_device, 2)

Local Const $tag_DEVMODE = "char dmDeviceName[32];ushort dmSpecVersion;ushort dmDriverVersion;short dmSize;"                            & _
                                                         "ushort dmDriverExtra;dword dmFields; long x;long y; dword dmDisplayOrientation;dword dmDisplayFixedOutput;" & _
                                                         "short dmColor;short dmDuplex;short dmYResolution;short dmTTOption;short dmCollate;"                         & _
                                                         "byte dmFormName[32];ushort LogPixels;dword dmBitsPerPel;int dmPelsWidth;dword dmPelsHeight;"                & _
                                                         "dword dmDisplayFlags;dword dmDisplayFrequency"

Local Const $DEVMODE = DllStructCreate($tag_DEVMODE)

DllStructSetData($DEVMODE, "dmSize", DllStructGetSize($DEVMODE))

DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "EnumDisplaySettings", "str", $device_name, "dword", -1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($DEVMODE))

Return DllStructGetData($DEVMODE, "dmPelsHeight")
EndFunc

Func cleanup()
EndFunc
Edited by jaberwocky6669

It's because your setup of the struct was wrong. I don't understand your overall intention, but you can see in the console that the mouse co-ordinates are working.

; = Credits:
; =   Guinness, Kylomas, Melba23, trancexx, etc.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

_Singleton(@ScriptName)

Global Const $tagMSLLHOOKSTRUCT = $tagPOINT & ';dword mouseData;dword flags;dword time;ulong_ptr dwExtraInfo'

Global Const $desktop_width = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics($SM_CXVIRTUALSCREEN)
Global Const $monitorx_height = get_monitorx_height()

Global $mouse_x = ''

Global $mouse_y = ''

Global $paused = True

Do
    Switch Not $paused
        Case True
            Select
                Case $mouse_x <= @DesktopWidth
                    Switch $mouse_y
                        Case (@DesktopHeight - 1)
                            ContinueLoop
                    EndSwitch

Case $mouse_x > @DesktopWidth
                    Switch $mouse_y
                        Case ($monitorx_height - 1)
                            ContinueLoop
                    EndSwitch
            EndSelect

Select
                Case $mouse_x = 0
                    MouseMove($desktop_width - 1, $mouse_y, 0)

Case $mouse_x = ($desktop_width - 1)
                    MouseMove(1, $mouse_y, 0)

Case $mouse_y = 0
                    MouseMove($mouse_x, (@DesktopHeight - 1), 0)
            EndSelect
    EndSwitch

Sleep(25)
Until False

Func mouse_proc($iCode, $wParam, $lParam)
    Static $button_down = False

Local Const $tMOUSEHOOKS = DllStructCreate($tagMSLLHOOKSTRUCT, $lParam) ; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644970(v=vs.85).aspx
    Switch $iCode >= 0
        Case True
            Switch $wParam
                    $button_down = True
                    $paused = True

$button_down = False
                    $paused = False

Case $WM_MOUSEMOVE
                    $mouse_x = DllStructGetData($tMOUSEHOOKS, 'X')
                    $mouse_y = DllStructGetData($tMOUSEHOOKS, 'Y')

ConsoleWrite($mouse_x & @CRLF)
                    ConsoleWrite($mouse_y & @CRLF)

Switch Not $button_down
                        Case True
                            $paused = False
                            Select
                                Case $mouse_x < 0
                                    $mouse_x = 0

Case $mouse_x > $desktop_width
                                    $mouse_x = $desktop_width

Case Else
                                    $mouse_x = $mouse_x
                            EndSelect

Switch monitor_from_pointx($mouse_x, $desktop_width)
                                Case 1
                                    Select
                                        Case $mouse_y < 0
                                            $mouse_y = 0

Case $mouse_y > @DesktopHeight
                                            $mouse_y = @DesktopHeight

Case Else
                                            $mouse_y = $mouse_y
                                    EndSelect

Case 2
                                    Select
                                        Case $mouse_y < 0
                                            $mouse_y = 0

Case $mouse_y > $monitorx_height
                                            $mouse_y = $monitorx_height

Case Else
                                            $mouse_y = $mouse_y
                                    EndSelect

EndSwitch
                    EndSwitch
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hook, $iCode, $wParam, $lParam)
EndFunc   ;==>mouse_proc

; =====================================================================
; = Hacky kludge
; = I intend to replace this with something that calls WindowFromPoint
; = or some other suitable function.
; =====================================================================
Func monitor_from_pointx(Const $x, Const $_desktop_width)
    Select
        Case $x <= @DesktopWidth
            Return 1

Case $x > $_desktop_width
            Return 2
    EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>monitor_from_pointx

; = Mostly Stolen From:
; =   DrLarch: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/131618-detect-monitor-maximum-native-resolution/?p=1071159
Func get_monitorx_height()
    Local Const $display_device = DllStructCreate("dword; char[32]; char[128]; dword; char[128]; char[128]")

DllStructSetData($display_device, 1, DllStructGetSize($display_device))

Local Const $display_monitor_amount = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(80)

DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "EnumDisplayDevices", "ptr", 0, "dword", ($display_monitor_amount - 1), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($display_device), "dword", 1)

Local Const $device_name = DllStructGetData($display_device, 2)

Local Const $tag_DEVMODE = "char dmDeviceName[32];ushort dmSpecVersion;ushort dmDriverVersion;short dmSize;" & _
            "ushort dmDriverExtra;dword dmFields; long x;long y; dword dmDisplayOrientation;dword dmDisplayFixedOutput;" & _
            "short dmColor;short dmDuplex;short dmYResolution;short dmTTOption;short dmCollate;" & _
            "byte dmFormName[32];ushort LogPixels;dword dmBitsPerPel;int dmPelsWidth;dword dmPelsHeight;" & _
            "dword dmDisplayFlags;dword dmDisplayFrequency"

Local Const $DEVMODE = DllStructCreate($tag_DEVMODE)

DllStructSetData($DEVMODE, "dmSize", DllStructGetSize($DEVMODE))

DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "EnumDisplaySettings", "str", $device_name, "dword", -1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($DEVMODE))

Return DllStructGetData($DEVMODE, "dmPelsHeight")
EndFunc   ;==>get_monitorx_height

Func cleanup()
EndFunc   ;==>cleanup

UDF List:

I set my struct up using this page for my information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644968%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

This worked well.  It gave me accurate mouse coordinates.  It didn't work for you?

Weird it worked for. Anyway, my approach is correct according to MSDN.

UDF List:

It's almost as though we're using two different MSDNs!  :think:

typedef struct tagMOUSEHOOKSTRUCT {
  POINT     pt;
  HWND      hwnd;
  UINT      wHitTestCode;
  ULONG_PTR dwExtraInfo;
} MOUSEHOOKSTRUCT, *PMOUSEHOOKSTRUCT, *LPMOUSEHOOKSTRUCT;

Ohhh, I see, you used:

typedef struct tagMSLLHOOKSTRUCT {
  POINT     pt;
  DWORD     mouseData;
  DWORD     flags;
  DWORD     time;
  ULONG_PTR dwExtraInfo;
} MSLLHOOKSTRUCT, *PMSLLHOOKSTRUCT, *LPMSLLHOOKSTRUCT;

Which is definitely the one I should be using.  DOH!

Edited by jaberwocky6669

I use tagMSLLHOOKSTRUCT whereas you used tagMOUSEHOOKSTRUCT.

Even so your version should be this... (notice the POINT)

$tagMOUSEHOOKSTRUCT = $tagPOINT & ';hwnd hwnd;uint wHitTestCode;ulong_ptr dwExtraInfo'

UDF List:

I'm just going to have to go back to the way I was doing it with the MouseGetPos.  I don't know how to best deal with negative coordinates.  If any body knows how, don't hesitate.

Abs?

UDF List:

True, but the values go into the negative hundreds.  The problem this causes is that the mouse is wrapped multiple times even though I need it to only wrap once.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

Sheesh, I just realized the simple solution to my problem.  May not be the most elegant but whatever.  I think I can honestly blame my lack of thinking on final exams stress and being sick.  =P

I will implement and post after my final exam this evening.