Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigAl

multiple If FileExisit FileDelete loop

7 posts in this topic

Hi Appologies if this has been answered before, I've have searched the forum but cant seem to find what I need. I'm am writing a script for decommissioning PC's at work, which requires varies different aspects, I run eraser on some folders to delete sensitive data, remove some directories which will always be present but I have a number of files that may or may not be present, scattered around the machine. I originally did this a large number of IF statements, which work's but is not the best so a friend suggested doing it in a loop but i'm not having much luck with it, I'm quite new to scripting and dont have any real experience apart from some VERY basic batch files. I have 12 files which may or may not be present, if 1 of the 12 files isn't present I would like it to carry on to the next file and delete it if it is there and so on through all the files. I've put a snippet of script below, which when i try and run i get an error "Until" statement with no matching "Do" statement.: Until $i = 12 Could anybody point me in the right direction for how to achieve this

Local $i = 0 ;set $i as an interger
Local $1 = ( $allusersprofile & "\Desktop\xxxxx.lnk" ) ;file 1 to delete
Local $2 = ( $public & "\Desktop\xxxxx.lnk" ) ;file 2 to delete
local $3 = ( "C:\xxxxxx.flg" ) ;file 3 to delete

Do 
   If FileExists ( $i + 1 Then )
          FileDelete ( $i + 1 )
    $i = $i + 1
 Until $i = 12

Look at Arrays in the AutoIt help file and wiki first, as currently you're trying evaluate a variable in the wrong manner.

Local $aFiles[4] = [3, _
    'FILEPATH_1', _
    'FILEPATH_2', _
    'FILEPATH_3']

For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0]
    If FileExists($aFiles[$i]) Then FileDelete($aFiles[$i])
Next

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

This

Do 
   If FileExists ( $i + 1 Then )
          FileDelete ( $i + 1 )
    $i = $i + 1
 Until $i = 12

could be changed to this

Do 
    FileDelete ( $i + 1 )
    $i = $i + 1
 Until $i = 12

FileDelete() will attempt to delete the file if it exists otherwise it will return 0 if the files did not exist or was protected. So there is no real need to check if it exists before trying to delete it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Bowmore,

You're right, but are you sure your code works? As $i + 1 is basically a file called 1 and then 2 etc...

Edited by guinness

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

this would work:

but guinness' array is the best way to go

Local $1 =  "somefile1"
Local $2 =  "somefile2"
local $3 =  "somefile3"

For $i = 1 To 12
    ConsoleWrite(Eval($i) & @CRLF)
Next

Edit (a little more refined)

Local $iCounter = 1
Local $1 =  "somefile1"
Local $2 =  "somefile2"
local $3 =  "somefile3"

While IsDeclared($iCounter)
    ConsoleWrite(Eval($iCounter) & @CRLF)
    $iCounter+=1
WEnd
Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Many thanks for all the quick replies I hadn't looked into array's, after guinness' first post i've got it working with the following :

Local $aFiles[12] ; Array defining some extra files which may or may not be present on the machine
    $aFiles[0]=$allusersprofile & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.lnk"
    $aFiles[1]=$public & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.lnk"
    $aFiles[2]=$homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxx.url"
$aFiles[3]=$homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.url"
$aFiles[4]=$homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.url"
$aFiles[5]=$homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxxxx.url"
$aFiles[6]=$homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxx.lnk"
$aFiles[7]=$homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxxxxx.lnk"
$aFiles[8]="C:\xxxxxx.log"
$aFiles[9]="C:\xxxxxxxx.flg"
$aFiles[10]="C:\xxxxxx.flg"
$aFiles[11]="C:\xxxxxx.log"

For $i = 0 To 11
    If FileExists($aFiles[$i]) Then FileDelete($aFiles[$i], 1 )

Edited by BigAl

You can also do this...

Local $aFiles[12] = [$allusersprofile & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.lnk", _  ; Array defining some extra files which may or may not be present on the machine
        $public & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.lnk", _
        $homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxx.url", _
        $homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.url", _
        $homepath & "\Desktop\xxxxxxx.url", _
        $homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxxxx.url", _
        $homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxx.lnk", _
        $homepath & "Desktop\xxxxxxxxx.lnk", _
        "C:\xxxxxx.log", _
        "C:\xxxxxxxx.flg", _
        "C:\xxxxxx.flg", _
        "C:\xxxxxx.log"]