Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arminius

problem with send fuction

6 posts in this topic

so I have a script, and it contains

Send("{RCTRL down}") ;Holds the right control key

this seems to work fine, and that's half the problem.

The other half is this

Send("{RCTRL up}") ;Releases the right control key

This does not seem to be working, cause after I run this script, my system seems to act as if right control is forever engaged, I'm forced to log out then back in to get rid of it.

Hi,

Why do you need to hold down the Right Ctrl key for a certain period of time?

If you need to do a key combination, use the ^ char.

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Which application do you try to automate? Often there is a more reliable way to do what you want.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Hi,

Why do you need to hold down the Right Ctrl key for a certain period of time?

If you need to do a key combination, use the ^ char.

Br, FireFox.

sorry? I need more information?

arminius,

Sending {Modifier up/down} often results in stuck keys - a possible solution is described in the Wiki FAQ.

Another solution is to action the modifier at the same time as the key being modified rather then leaving it pressed for a long period. That is what FireFox was asking - why do you need to have the Ctrl key pressed for so long? :huh:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

so I have a script, and it contains

Send("{RCTRL down}") ;Holds the right control key

this seems to work fine, and that's half the problem.

The other half is this

Send("{RCTRL up}") ;Releases the right control key

This does not seem to be working, cause after I run this script, my system seems to act as if right control is forever engaged, I'm forced to log out then back in to get rid of it.

How does you seem. Ctrl is not pressed.Ctrl is a combination key. it does not work alone.

Send("^a") to a text file then see. is it select all or not?
Edited by adnanbaloch

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."