Sign in to follow this  
MarkRobbins

Desktop Workarea, multiple monitors

MarkRobbins

I can get the 'workarea' of the primary monitor using:

Func _GetDesktopArea()
  Local Const $SPI_GETWORKAREA = 48
  Local $tWorkArea = DllStructCreate($tagRECT)
  _WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo($SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, DllStructGetPtr($tWorkArea))
  Local $aReturn[4] = [DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Left"), DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Top"), _
          DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Right") - DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Left"), DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Bottom") - DllStructGetData($tWorkArea, "Top")]
  Return $aReturn
EndFunc   ;==>_GetDesktopArea

MSDN says to use GetMonitorInfo() to get workarea of monitors other than the Primary.

However, when I do this the rect I receive from this function for Primary or Secondary is not a workarea, but a fullscreen rect.

#include <WinApi.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <StructureConstants.au3>

;get monitor handles
Local $edm=_WinAPI_EnumDisplayMonitors();$hDC = 0, $tRECT = 0
If @Error Then MsgBox(0,'Error','_WinAPI_EnumDisplayMonitors')

Local $mh1=$edm[2][0]; 1 for first handle, 2 for second
Local $mr1=$edm[1][1]; supposedly a rect

; use my handle to get monitor infos
Local $vh=_WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo($mh1)
If @Error Then MsgBox(0,'Error','_WinAPI_GetMonitorInfo')
; $vh now filled with
; [0] - $tagRECT structure that specifies the display monitor rectangle, in virtual-screen coordinates.
; [1] - $tagRECT structure that specifies the work area rectangle of the display monitor that can be used by applications, in virtual-screen coordinates.
; [2] - 1 (True) for the primary display monitor, or 0 (False) otherwise.
; [3] - The device name of the monitor being used, e.g. "\\.\DISPLAY1".

Local $aReturn[4] = [DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Left') _
                    ,DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Top') _
                    ,DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Right') - DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Left') _
                    ,DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Bottom') - DllStructGetData($vh[1], 'Top') _
                    ]

_ArrayDisplay($aReturn)
Exit

So to reiterate- the MonitorInfo workarea rect does not jive with the one gotten with SPI for the Primary monitor, therefore it doesn't work for the Secondary monitor either - it just gets the true (virtual) dimensions.

I smell a Microsoft thing. I have looked on StackOverflow with no success. Can anyone get a workarea!=desktop with this code?

Edited by MarkRobbins

guinness

MarkRobbins got that function from here.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

jaberwacky

Seems like it returns the correct information.  The reason that it wouldn't return the whole display coords on the first mon is because of the taskbar.  The opposite for the second monitor.  This is my theory.  I'm not a Windows guru.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• KaFu
      By KaFu
      ICU - Icon Configuration Utility

Current Version: v6 (2018-Sep-16)
      Restore your desktop when the icons get "rearranged".
      Melba23 and I found we were working on very similar ideas to restore the Desktop icons to their normal place if they became "rearranged" (
      ). Vista seems to like this doing on occasion just for fun - but we all know some apps and games which change the display resolution or move icons around. This annoys "tidy" people who like their desktops arranged "just so" - I am particularly thinking of this desktop when I say that!
      We combined efforts and here is the result of our labors.
      Operation is easy - press "Save" to store a particular configuration and "Restore" to reset the icons to the saved positions in the selected configuration file. "Delete" allows you to remove unwanted configuration files from the list. There is a command line option so that the restoration can be run via HotKeys if required (that is why the script warns that it should be compiled for full functionality). You can decide what to do with any icons that have been added since you last saved the configuration file - the default is to put them in the top-left corner, but you can also banish them way off-screen or, more sensibly, specify a location for them.
      A new feature as of ICU v3.4 is the optional Desktop Contextmenu Integration (DCI) for Win7 (Win7 only because Microsoft implemented an easy way to do this through the registry as of this release).
      Version 3.3 should fix the empty save file bug
      Version 3.4 Win7: Admin rights no longer needed for DCI
      Version 5.0 Win8 compatibility for DCI
      The source and executable can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu
      Kudos to Ascend4nt, Melba23, Prog@ndy, & Valik for parts of the code.
      Please let me know if you found some piece of code in the source for which I forgot to mention a credit.
      Enjoy, let me know what you think of ICU and with Best Regards
    • astrionn
      By astrionn
      Hi Guys,

I`m trying to record with my webcam in 5s intervalls and do some stuff between starting to record and stoping.
      I took code from here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/27925-webcam-example/
      and took what looked relevant to me.
      I use 3 different files:
       Is called WMS.au3 and contains all the constants for the dll calls is called rec.au3 and does all necessary dll calls to start a webcam recording to a file Is called stopcam.exe and does the dll calls to stop recording into a file WMS.au3  :
      $WM_CAP_START = 0x400 $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START = $WM_CAP_START +100 $WM_CAP_PAL_SAVEA = $WM_CAP_START + 81 $WM_CAP_PAL_SAVEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 81 $WM_CAP_UNICODE_END = $WM_CAP_PAL_SAVEW $WM_CAP_ABORT = $WM_CAP_START + 69 $WM_CAP_DLG_VIDEOCOMPRESSION = $WM_CAP_START + 46 $WM_CAP_DLG_VIDEODISPLAY = $WM_CAP_START + 43 $WM_CAP_DLG_VIDEOFORMAT = $WM_CAP_START + 41 $WM_CAP_DLG_VIDEOSOURCE = $WM_CAP_START + 42 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT = $WM_CAP_START + 10 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_DISCONNECT = $WM_CAP_START + 11 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_GET_CAPS = $WM_CAP_START + 14 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_GET_NAMEA = $WM_CAP_START + 12 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_GET_NAMEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 12 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_GET_VERSIONA = $WM_CAP_START + 13 $WM_CAP_DRIVER_GET_VERSIONW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 13 $WM_CAP_EDIT_COPY = $WM_CAP_START + 30 $WM_CAP_END = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_END $WM_CAP_FILE_ALLOCATE = $WM_CAP_START + 22 $WM_CAP_FILE_GET_CAPTURE_FILEA = $WM_CAP_START + 21 $WM_CAP_FILE_GET_CAPTURE_FILEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 21 $WM_CAP_FILE_SAVEASA = $WM_CAP_START + 23 $WM_CAP_FILE_SAVEASW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 23 $WM_CAP_FILE_SAVEDIBA = $WM_CAP_START + 25 $WM_CAP_FILE_SAVEDIBW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 25 $WM_CAP_FILE_SET_CAPTURE_FILEA = $WM_CAP_START + 20 $WM_CAP_FILE_SET_CAPTURE_FILEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 20 $WM_CAP_FILE_SET_INFOCHUNK = $WM_CAP_START + 24 $WM_CAP_GET_AUDIOFORMAT = $WM_CAP_START + 36 $WM_CAP_GET_CAPSTREAMPTR = $WM_CAP_START + 1 $WM_CAP_GET_MCI_DEVICEA = $WM_CAP_START + 67 $WM_CAP_GET_MCI_DEVICEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 67 $WM_CAP_GET_SEQUENCE_SETUP = $WM_CAP_START + 65 $WM_CAP_GET_STATUS = $WM_CAP_START + 54 $WM_CAP_GET_USER_DATA = $WM_CAP_START + 8 $WM_CAP_GET_VIDEOFORMAT = $WM_CAP_START + 44 $WM_CAP_GRAB_FRAME = $WM_CAP_START + 60 $WM_CAP_GRAB_FRAME_NOSTOP = $WM_CAP_START + 61 $WM_CAP_PAL_AUTOCREATE = $WM_CAP_START + 83 $WM_CAP_PAL_MANUALCREATE = $WM_CAP_START + 84 $WM_CAP_PAL_OPENA = $WM_CAP_START + 80 $WM_CAP_PAL_OPENW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 80 $WM_CAP_PAL_PASTE = $WM_CAP_START + 82 $WM_CAP_SEQUENCE = $WM_CAP_START + 62 $WM_CAP_SEQUENCE_NOFILE = $WM_CAP_START + 63 $WM_CAP_SET_AUDIOFORMAT = $WM_CAP_START + 35 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_CAPCONTROL = $WM_CAP_START + 85 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_ERRORA = $WM_CAP_START + 2 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_ERRORW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 2 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_FRAME = $WM_CAP_START + 5 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_STATUSA = $WM_CAP_START + 3 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_STATUSW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 3 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_VIDEOSTREAM = $WM_CAP_START + 6 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_WAVESTREAM = $WM_CAP_START + 7 $WM_CAP_SET_CALLBACK_YIELD = $WM_CAP_START + 4 $WM_CAP_SET_MCI_DEVICEA = $WM_CAP_START + 66 $WM_CAP_SET_MCI_DEVICEW = $WM_CAP_UNICODE_START + 66 $WM_CAP_SET_OVERLAY = $WM_CAP_START + 51 $WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW = $WM_CAP_START + 50 $WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEWRATE = $WM_CAP_START + 52 $WM_CAP_SET_SCALE = $WM_CAP_START + 53 $WM_CAP_SET_SCROLL = $WM_CAP_START + 55 $WM_CAP_SET_SEQUENCE_SETUP = $WM_CAP_START + 64 $WM_CAP_SET_USER_DATA = $WM_CAP_START + 9 $WM_CAP_SET_VIDEOFORMAT = $WM_CAP_START + 45 $WM_CAP_SINGLE_FRAME = $WM_CAP_START + 72 $WM_CAP_SINGLE_FRAME_CLOSE = $WM_CAP_START + 71 $WM_CAP_SINGLE_FRAME_OPEN = $WM_CAP_START + 70 $WM_CAP_STOP = $WM_CAP_START + 68 rec.au3  :

#include <WMS.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> if not FileExists(@ScriptDir&"\vid\"&string(@MON)&"\"&string(@mday)) Then DirCreate(@ScriptDir&"\vid\"&"\"&string(@MON)&"\"&string(@mday)) EndIf $moviefile = @ScriptDir&"\vid"&"\"&string(@MON)&"\"&string(@mday)&"\test.avi" $avi = DllOpen("avicap32.dll") $user = DllOpen("user32.dll") FileWrite(@scriptdir&"\clop.clop",$user) $Main = GUICreate("Camera",350,270) $moviefile=@ScriptDir&"\test.avi" $cap = DllCall($avi, "int", "capCreateCaptureWindow", "str", "cap", "int", BitOR($WS_CHILD,$WS_VISIBLE), "int", 15, "int", 15, "int", 320, "int", 240, "hwnd", $Main, "int", 1) FileWrite(@scriptdir&"\clip.clip",$cap[0]) run(@scriptdir&"\stopcam.exe") DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_DRIVER_CONNECT, "int", 0, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_SET_SCALE, "int", 1, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_SET_OVERLAY, "int", 1, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW, "int", 1, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEWRATE, "int", 1, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_FILE_SET_CAPTURE_FILEA, "int", 0, "str", $moviefile) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap[0], "int", $WM_CAP_SEQUENCE, "int", 0, "int", 0) Stopcam.exe is the compiled version of this:
      #include "WMS.au3" #include <GUIConstants.au3> $cap = Int(FileRead(@scriptdir&"\clip.clip")) $user = int(fileread(@scriptdir&"\clop.clop")) Sleep(10000) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap, "int", $WM_CAP_STOP, "int", 0, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap, "int", $WM_CAP_END, "int", 0, "int", 0) DllCall($user, "int", "SendMessage", "hWnd", $cap, "int", $WM_CAP_DRIVER_DISCONNECT, "int", 0, "int", 0) DllClose($user) FileDelete(@scriptdir&"\clip.clip") FileDelete(@scriptdir&"\clop.clop")  
      Unfortunately this is not working as I thought it would be working.
      Does someone see what I´m doing wrong?
      It should record the webcam for about 10 seconds ( a little less) and save that to an .avi file.
      It does not stop the recording , I have to stop the process manually...
      Secondly, which confuses me more is that it creates the test.avi not in the location is specified in the script... its stored in the ScriptDir for whatever reason haha
      I hope you can help me

~HappyCoding
    • badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      I was looking around the help file and I came across _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect and _WinAPI_DrawLine and I seem to be having the same "problem" where every time it draws into a window and you lose or gain focus it has to redraw itself. Is there anyway around this? 
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <GDIPlus.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Run("notepad.exe") $hWnd = WinWait("Untitled") $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hWnd) $Color = 0xFFFF0000 $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate($Color, 2) For $i = 1 To 10 _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphic, 200, 200, 25 ,25, $hPen) ToolTip($i) Sleep(1000) Next _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hWnd, 0, 0, $RDW_INVALIDATE + $RDW_ALLCHILDREN) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic) _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_Shutdown()  
    • ScriptJunky
      By ScriptJunky
      I noticed a lack of a constants file for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() so I made this for anyone who wants to add it to their library. Enjoy!  (file attached below)
      #include-once ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: WinAPI GetSystemMetrics Constants ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Constants for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(). ; Author(s) .....: ScriptJunky ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CONSTANTS# =================================================================================================================== ; _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() Global Const $ARRANGE = 56 Global Const $CLEANBOOT = 67 Global Const $CMONITORS = 80 Global Const $CMOUSEBUTTONS = 43 Global Const $CONVERTIBLESLATEMODE = 0x2003 Global Const $CXBORDER = 5 Global Const $CXCURSOR = 13 Global Const $CXDLGFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXDOUBLECLK = 36 Global Const $CXDRAG = 68 Global Const $CXEDGE = 45 Global Const $CXFIXEDFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXFOCUSBORDER = 83 Global Const $CXFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXFULLSCREEN = 16 Global Const $CXHSCROLL = 21 Global Const $CXHTHUMB = 10 Global Const $CXICON = 11 Global Const $CXICONSPACING = 38 Global Const $CXMAXIMIZED = 61 Global Const $CXMAXTRACK = 59 Global Const $CXMENUCHECK = 71 Global Const $CXMENUSIZE = 54 Global Const $CXMIN = 28 Global Const $CXMINIMIZED = 57 Global Const $CXMINSPACING = 47 Global Const $CXMINTRACK = 34 Global Const $CXPADDEDBORDER = 92 Global Const $CXSCREEN = 0 Global Const $CXSIZE = 30 Global Const $CXSIZEFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXSMICON = 49 Global Const $CXSMSIZE = 52 Global Const $CXVIRTUALSCREEN = 78 Global Const $CXVSCROLL = 2 Global Const $CYBORDER = 6 Global Const $CYCAPTION = 4 Global Const $CYCURSOR = 14 Global Const $CYDLGFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYDOUBLECLK = 37 Global Const $CYDRAG = 69 Global Const $CYEDGE = 46 Global Const $CYFIXEDFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYFOCUSBORDER = 84 Global Const $CYFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYFULLSCREEN = 17 Global Const $CYHSCROLL = 3 Global Const $CYICON = 12 Global Const $CYICONSPACING = 39 Global Const $CYKANJIWINDOW = 18 Global Const $CYMAXIMIZED = 62 Global Const $CYMAXTRACK = 60 Global Const $CYMENU = 15 Global Const $CYMENUCHECK = 72 Global Const $CYMENUSIZE = 55 Global Const $CYMIN = 29 Global Const $CYMINIMIZED = 58 Global Const $CYMINSPACING = 48 Global Const $CYMINTRACK = 35 Global Const $CYSCREEN = 1 Global Const $CYSIZE = 31 Global Const $CYSIZEFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYSMCAPTION = 51 Global Const $CYSMICON = 50 Global Const $CYSMSIZE = 53 Global Const $CYVIRTUALSCREEN = 79 Global Const $CYVSCROLL = 20 Global Const $CYVTHUMB = 9 Global Const $DBCSENABLED = 42 Global Const $DEBUG = 22 Global Const $DIGITIZER = 94 Global Const $IMMENABLED = 82 Global Const $MAXIMUMTOUCHES = 95 Global Const $MEDIACENTER = 87 Global Const $MENUDROPALIGNMENT = 40 Global Const $MIDEASTENABLED = 74 Global Const $MOUSEPRESENT = 19 Global Const $MOUSEHORIZONTALWHEELPRESENT = 91 Global Const $MOUSEWHEELPRESENT = 75 Global Const $NETWORK = 63 Global Const $PENWINDOWS = 41 Global Const $REMOTECONTROL = 0x2001 Global Const $REMOTESESSION = 0x1000 Global Const $SAMEDISPLAYFORMAT = 81 Global Const $SECURE = 44 Global Const $SERVERR = 289 Global Const $SHOWSOUNDS = 70 Global Const $SHUTTINGDOWN = 0x2000 Global Const $SLOWMACHINE = 73 Global Const $STARTER = 88 Global Const $SWAPBUTTON = 23 Global Const $TABLETPC = 86 Global Const $XVIRTUALSCREEN = 76 Global Const $YVIRTUALSCREEN = 77  
      WinAPISystemMetricsConstants.au3
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      can someone plz explain how WinAPI work and some example script plz