Avoid screensaver

rrandom

true, but as I said it's one of my first and I haven't touched it since making it :)

Better yet maybe, Adlibregister

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

You need to revisit that code again methinks. Also I was talking about AdlibRegister() or _WinAPI_SetTimer() if you so wish.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You need to revisit that code again methinks. Also I was talking about AdlibRegister() or _WinAPI_SetTimer() if you so wish.

It still won't be less than four lines.

The key is four lines.

:P

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

I'm not arguing with you.  Really.  You'll note that I don't check in my own post.  Again, all I'm saying is that one needs to think before coding, and that "fewest lines of code" doesn't automatically translate to "best way to do it".

Well, in a case where the program was going to run on a single system I felt that no testing would be needed.  Some of the progs I make do not work for all systems( and I know this at the very moment I create them). But I don't really care. no one besides me and my one computer will have or run such program.
"best way to do it" might translate to "the only way you know how to do it".

Though I'm intersted in your comment about clear desktop space. I'n fact I don't quite understand it.  I would like you to explain if you have the time(if you don't mind please).
I don't what to hijack rrandoms post.  You can PM if you like.

It still won't be less than four lines.

The key is four lines.

:P

Oh! I personally would advise the OP not to put a restriction such as this on a problem they have no idea how to solve.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

How about this?

While 1
    MouseMove(@MSEC, @MSEC)
    Sleep(30000)
WEnd

I will play this game too...

Do
    MouseMove(Random(1, @DesktopWidth, 1), Random(1, @DesktopHeight, 1), 1)
Until Sleep(30000) = 0

UDF List:

Do
Until Sleep(30000) = 0

and the veteran comes in with 3 lines... very nice! :D

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

Do
Until Sleep(30000) = 0

hmm, moves the mouse to a random spot on the screen... not a good idea :P what if the user is click/drag or click/select or some other such mousey thing when the function fires?

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

hmm, moves the mouse to a random spot on the screen... not a good idea :P what if the user is click/drag or click/select or some other such mousey thing when the function fires?

True but I hope the OP is not looking for ANY error checking/trapping with only four lines.

Edited by NewPlaza

Not tested...

Sleep(30000) * MouseMove(Random(1, @DesktopWidth, 1), Random(1, @DesktopHeight, 1), 1) * Run(@ScriptFullPath)

I know, but the OP somehow put this issue on themselves.

UDF List:

Well, in a case where the program was going to run on a single system I felt that no testing would be needed.  Some of the progs I make do not work for all systems( and I know this at the very moment I create them). But I don't really care. no one besides me and my one computer will have or run such program.
"best way to do it" might translate to "the only way you know how to do it".

My original statements were not directed at you.  The point was that the O.P. specifically asked for 4 lines of code or less.  My point was that specifically trying to get the fewest lines of code isn't necessarily the best way to code.  NewPlaza asked in Post 5 "Does it have to be under 4 lines?".  DatMCEyeBall stated in post 10 that it doesn't make sense to limit it to 4 lines.  The idea being to get an answer why 4 lines or less...

I also state quite clearly that one might do exactly what you describe and not cover every possible edge condition.  Especially for code that I run myself.  So again, why 4 lines or less?

Though I'm intersted in your comment about clear desktop space. I'n fact I don't quite understand it.  I would like you to explain if you have the time(if you don't mind please).

I'm talking about my physical desk.  I have a standard sized desk.  I have about 20 sheets of paper scattered on it, a telephone, one computer, two monitors, a bit of food meant for a snack later, my coffee cup, as well as my keyboard and mouse.  Occasionally I need clear space to do something.  So I push the keyboard and mouse to the side to clear space. :)

I don't what to hijack rrandoms post.  You can PM if you like.

After a few posts years ago, I stopped coming to this site for various reasons.  I've only recently come to start reading and posting here again.  I tried to P.M. you and couldn't.  The window where the P.M. would go looked like an X11 window which had been shaded - couldn't figure out what I was missing.  So here I am.

I apologize if I've hijacked this thread.  I'll leave this thread alone now.  :)

How's my riding? Dial 1-800-Wait-There

Trying to use a computer with McAfee installed is like trying to read a book at a rock concert.

Instead of moving one pixel left (or any direction) move one pixel left and one pixel right.  That way, if the cursor can't move to the left, it will still move to the right, and the screensaver won't be activated.  Of course, it's another line of code, but as for the four lines, that's just an arbitrary number and irrelevant (unless it's relevant.)

Wow, Guinness, that's genius.  I failed to see that there was another page of posts before I posted.  Kinda makes my post seem irrelevant.

Edited by aleph01

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

I'm officially cheating LOL.  I'm also going back on my word to leave this post alone.  BUT

While BitOR(MouseMove(Random(1, @DesktopWidth, 1), Random(1, @DesktopHeight, 1)), Sleep(3000), 1)
WEnd

[EDIT] Also, I found moving the mouse to random places amusing.  However, it'd be easy enough to place two mouse moves inside the BitOR where one moves to the location - 1 pixel and the other moves to the location + 1 pixel.  I happened to get a kick out of watching the mouse go all over the place though. :shifty:

Edited by mrider

How's my riding? Dial 1-800-Wait-There

Trying to use a computer with McAfee installed is like trying to read a book at a rock concert.

Local $aRet=DllCall('kernel32.dll','long','SetThreadExecutionState','long',0x80000003)
 While 1
     sleep(100)
 WEnd

4 lines, computer will never go to sleep, screensaver shouldn't kick in either.

Pulled it out of >this thread, mentioned previously.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A "real" program, meant to be used in production by actual users is often times 80% safety code, and 20% algorithms (if you'll forgive me pulling a number out of my arse).  So it's likely someone can make a really short program, but it probably won't be very forgiving.

This is very true.  Then I am kludging something together for myself, I can just write something that works, and be done with it.  When writing for others to use,  I spend far more planning time coming up with ways some dumba$$ will screw things up, and solving those, than I do solving the original problem.

Local $aRet=DllCall('kernel32.dll','long','SetThreadExecutionState','long',0x80000003)
 While 1
     sleep(100)
 WEnd

4 lines, computer will never go to sleep, screensaver shouldn't kick in either.

Pulled it out of >this thread, mentioned previously.

3 lines..

DllCall('kernel32.dll','long', 'SetThreadExecutionState', 'long', 0x80000003) ; No clue what this value is?
While Sleep(100)
WEnd

UDF List: