6 posts in this topic
I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc
On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
$objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
Is there anyway to store word documents in Autoit GUI? For example I have a instruction sheet that I want to bundle up with the exe.
So a user simply clicks the icon and the stored document will launch (Something like how you can add objects like excel sheets in word documents )
(I Know we can launch word files from script directory)
Hello I would like to know if there is a way to return a sentence in cmd when I launch from it (because I add arguments).
For example, diskpart.exe which help to manage the key and hdd connected, when you launch it with the parameter "/f" the app return a sentence saying that it don't recognize the parameter "/f" and it return the sentence in the cmd where i started the application, not a new one.
That's what I want to do but I couldn't find anything that would solve my problem on internet and on AutoIt like ConsoleWrite / ConsoleWriteError (don't work).
I want a way to get the last key pressed.
I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
i want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
Please help me,
greetings to all
And thanks in advance
I've failed to find an example of _Word_DocFindReplace which searches for formatted text (I'm looking for stand alone paragraph marks that are formatted other than normal i.e. Bold Italic, Underlined).
The reason being that when converting a Word document to html one of the main problems in the results is that a stand alone paragraph mark is converted to an html space that retains the formatting ...> <... thus showing up as a underline _ in a browser when it should be blank. I've played around with the script and got it to at least un-bold the first paragraph mark regardless if it was bold or not but I'd like to clear all formatting from any stand alone paragraph marks in the whole document. Below is what I've done so far (not much more than in the help file I'm afraid) . Way down at the bottom of the _Word_DocFindReplace help text is this parameter but without any examples to be found :
$bFormat [optional] True to have the find operation locate formatting in addition to or instead of the find text (default = False) #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Word.au3> $processing = @MyDocumentsDir & '\AutoIt_code\getter\processing\' Global $oWord = _Word_Create() Global $sTestfile = $processing & "Testing.docx" ConsoleWrite($sTestfile & @CRLF) Global $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, $sTestfile) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ERROR", "Error opening file = '" & $sTestfile & "'" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) $oRangeFound = _Word_DocFind($oDoc, "^p", Default, Default) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", _ "Error locating paragraph control character in the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) $oRangeFound.Bold = False If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", _ "Error inserting text after the paragraph control character in the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & _ ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocFind Example", "Paragraph control character successfully replaced." & @CRLF & _ "Text inserted in paragraph 2.")