Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoGa

ScreenCapture - tooltip not captured

7 posts in this topic

Greetings,

with the below code the Tooltip does not show in the captured image.

Any hints?

Thanks.

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

ToolTip("BlaBla Tooltip", 500, 300)
Sleep(1000)

_ScreenCapture_Capture(@MyDocumentsDir &"\Image1.jpg", 0, 0, 1600, 1000, True)

MsgBox(0, "TTT", "ScreenCapture done")
ShellExecute(@MyDocumentsDir &"\Image1.jpg")

Your code works for me - I can see the ToolTip in the bitmap.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Seem to be, as JohnOne said, a problem with non Aero desktops.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

But you can use a workaround:

#include <Clipboard.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>

ToolTip("BlaBla Tooltip", 500, 300)
Sleep(1000)

_GDIPlus_Startup()
_ScreenCapture_CaptureAlternative(@ScriptDir &"\Image1.jpg", 0, 0, 1600, 1000)

MsgBox(0, "TTT", "ScreenCapture done")
ShellExecute(@ScriptDir &"\Image1.jpg")
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

Func _ScreenCapture_CaptureAlternative($sFile, $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH, $bCursor = True) ;coded by UEZ 2014
    If Not $giGDIPRef Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;check whether _GDIPlus_Startup() was called
    Send("{PRINTSCREEN}")
    Sleep(100) ;wait some ms otherwise clipboard will fail to open
    If Not _ClipBoard_Open(0) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    Local $hMemoryBMP = _ClipBoard_GetDataEx($CF_BITMAP) ;get bitmap from clipboard
    If @error Then
        _ClipBoard_Close()
        Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Local $hBmp_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hMemoryBMP) ;convert GDI bitmap to GDI+ bitmap
    If @error Then
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMemoryBMP)
        _ClipBoard_Close()
        Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hMemoryBMP)
    _ClipBoard_Close()
    Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iW, $iH) ;create empty bitmap
    Local $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt, $hBmp_tmp, $iX, $iY, $iW, $iH, 0, 0, $iW, $iH) ;copy selection to empty bitmap
    If $bCursor Then
        Local $aCursor = _WinAPI_GetCursorInfo()
        If $aCursor[1] Then
            Local $hBmp_Icon = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHICON32($aCursor[2])
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hCtxt, $hBmp_Icon, $aCursor[3], $aCursor[4])
            _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmp_Icon)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt)
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmp_tmp)
    If $sFile = "" Then Return $hBitmap ;don't forget to dispose image later when not used anymore
    _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hBitmap, $sFile)
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap)
    Return 1
EndFunc
Edit: added cursor capture

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Thanks for your comments.

It's the Aero thing which prevents the tooltip being captured.

However, enabling Aero slows down BilBlt used in another app by the factot of 15-20!

Anyway, thanks and have a nice day!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• astrionn
      By astrionn
      So I had this Idea of creating a tooltip which shows me my ping.
      That itself was made quickly and I thought too add a couple features.
      I want the tooltip background to be a different color depending on the ping. (good ping is green, medium ping is yellow,...)
      So how do I color in a tooltip? google brought me to this: 

where in the comments I found this:
      $s = "LOW" ToolTip($s, 0, 0, "Battery Information");, $icon) $H_TOOLTIP1 = WinGetHandle($s) DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "wstr", "", "wstr", "") DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 2552550, "int", 0) Sleep(1000) Which I then used in my code with different color codes... Trial and Error brought me these that I wanted to use:

The Problem is if I loop through my code it only sets the color for the 1st loop and then sticks to it.
      The real problem is tho that I don't exactly understand the dllcalls... And I guess that's why it isn't working
      So if someone would be so awesome to explain to me how they work, or at least can give me a list of these parameters then I would really appreciate that and learn something new
      Obviously a solution to my problem is awesome aswell ^^
      I run this under Windows 8.1
      There is my code in a paste.
      https://pastebin.com/q525f7mS
    • timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hello all.
      I'm trying to do something simple, but I can't manage to find where to start since I can have multiple possibilities and not sure what is the best one :
      Taking screen capture (I can do that) On this capture, I'll look for 10 particular regions that will give me 10 images of 40px * 40px (I can do that) Then what I want is for each of these regions, find on my library of ~140 images which one is the closest one to my region (= the match)  
      What do you think is the best approach ? Ican easily do step 1 and 2, however for the third step :
      I can't use memcmp because they won't be exactly the same (original library can differ a very little bit from what I'll get from my screen capture) There is no text, only drawing Should I do a pixelSum of what I get on screen and do the same via GDIPlus for each of my images in the library?  
      Thanks a lot,
      Tim

• TheNorwegianUser
      By TheNorwegianUser
      I don't get why the images I take turns up like this, but it seems to me like the screenshot doesn't go from the actual positions specified. It's weird, cause what happends is that when I for example move the mouse over the number 25 on SciTE, the image shows that it's over 19... Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?
      #include <screencapture.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Hotkeyset("{ESC}", "Terminate") $gui = GUICreate("", 100, 800, 100, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) _GDIPlus_Startup() $graphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($gui) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui) While 1 $scr = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", 0, 0, 100, 800) $bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($scr) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($scr) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($graphics, $bitmap, 0, 0) WEnd Func Terminate() _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($graphics) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($bitmap) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit EndFunc  
    • LegitStack
      By LegitStack
      Been struggling with this one for a while. 
      when I do a _screencapture_capture call on a high resolution monitor (like my surface book) it gives me an image that has 2 problems:
      1. its in the wrong location on the screen
      and
      2. it gives me a picture that is larger than the area of the screen I selected, though it only has the content of what I selected. 
      ---------------------------
      I was able to easily fix problem #1 by manually adjusting the x y coordinates to compensate for the amount of DPI scale I have.
      for instance if I'm 200% zoomed in the code looks like this:
      Local $bmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", $iX1*2, $iY1*2, $iX2*2, $iY2*2, false)  it's problem #2 that is the big problem. I'd like to attach a screen shot of what I'm talking about (see capture.png)

---------------------------
      Now I basically understand why this is happening. ScreenCapture grabs each pixel of the screen. This screen, being a high resolution, when its zoomed in adds up several pixels to make one on the screen. 
      This is a problem for me because I'm taking images of the screen and later looking for those exact images on the screen. if everything is blown up by an indeterminate amount (in my case 2x) then those images can't be found later on. 
      Does anyone know what I can do? 
      I tried resizing the images back down to no avail. 
      _GDIPlus_ImageResize and _GDIPlus_ImageScale don't work because they don't compress the pixels correctly. quality is lost. and the exact image isn't preserved, so I can't search for it later. (see capture1.png)

Anyway, I'm about to give up, been on this problem for too long! does anyone know what I can do? Seems to me that the ideal solution would be to eventually have autoit add an argument to _screencapture_capture that lets you specify a DPI scale amount or something.  that can be pulled from the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop\windowmetrics\appliedDPI.
      But in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make my program compatible with 4k resolution monitors? I either need to take the screen capture like normal, then scale it down appropriately without losing quality, or I need to capture the screen in the first place like the human sees it. But I don't know how to do that either. 
      I'll post my relevant code here: (in my project I call ScreenCapture_DPI_Aware)
      #include <Security.au3> Func _GetAppliedDPI()   Local $aArrayOfData = _Security__LookupAccountName(@UserName)   If IsArray($aArrayOfData) Then   ;msgbox(64, "SID String = ", $aArrayOfData[0] & @CRLF)   ;msgbox(64, "Domain name = ", $aArrayOfData[1] & @CRLF)   ;msgbox(64, "SID type = ", _Security__SidTypeStr($aArrayOfData[2]) & @CRLF)     ;Local $AppliedDPI = RegRead("HKEY_USERS\" & $aArrayOfData[0] & "\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI") Local $AppliedDPI = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI")     return $AppliedDPI   EndIf EndFunc Func GetScale()   $applied = _GetAppliedDPI()   if $applied == "" then     return 1   else     return $applied / 96   EndIf EndFunc Func ScreenCapture_Capture_DPI_Aware($sBMP_Path, $iX1, $iY1, $iX2, $iY2, $bool)   $R = GetScale() ;Raito   Local $bmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture($sBMP_Path, $iX1*$R, $iY1*$R, $iX2*$R, $iY2*$R, $bool) ;Scaling didn't work: ;_ScaleImage($bmp, $sBMP_Path, abs($iX2 - $iX1), abs($iY2 - $iY1), $R)   ;return _ScreenCapture_Capture($sBMP_Path, $iX1*$R, $iY1*$R, $iX2*$R, $iY2*$R, $bool) EndFunc ;Func _ScaleImage($bmp, $outimage, $w, $h, $scale) ; _GDIPlus_Startup() ;Get the encoder of to save the resized image in the format you want. ; Local $Ext = StringUpper(StringMid($outimage, StringInStr($outimage, ".", 0, -1) + 1)) ; $CLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID($Ext) ; code found here : https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_GDIPlus_ImageSaveToStream.htm ; Local $sImgCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("png") ;create CLSID for a JPG image file type ; Local $tGUID = _WinAPI_GUIDFromString($sImgCLSID) ;convert CLSID GUID to binary form and returns $tagGUID structure ; Local $tParams = _GDIPlus_ParamInit(1) ;initialize an encoder parameter list and return $tagGDIPENCODERPARAMS structure ; Local $tData = DllStructCreate("int Quality") ;create struct to set JPG quality setting ; DllStructSetData($tData, "Quality", 100) ;quality 0-100 (0: lowest, 100: highest) ; Local $pData = DllStructGetPtr($tData) ;get pointer from quality struct ; _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGQUALITY, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, $pData) ;add a value to an encoder parameter list ; Local $gbmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($bmp) ; _WinAPI_DeleteObject($bmp) ; Local $gsbmp = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($gbmp, $w * $scale, $h * $scale) ;Local $ext = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("PNG") ; _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($gsbmp, $outimage, $sImgCLSID) ; _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($gbmp) ; _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($gsbmp) ; _GDIPlus_Shutdown() ;EndFunc
      Thanks for any help you can give me!!!
    • Trolleule
      By Trolleule
      Hi,
      i want to display a tooltip when i hover over the listview group. It sounds not difficult but i couldn't find a solution and i searched for autoit as well as for c# :/
      So i came up with a not so pretty solution:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GuiToolTip.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Global $idListview, $hWndListView Global $hToolTip = _GUIToolTip_Create(0, BitOR($_TT_ghTTDefaultStyle, $TTS_BALLOON)); balloon style tooltip Global Const $LVN_GROUPINFO = ($LVN_FIRST - 88) Global Const $tagNMLVGROUP = $tagNMHDR & ";int iGroupId;uint iNewState;uint iOldState" ; $LVGS_flags $LVGS_flags Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam Local $tInfo, $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam), $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) Local $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom"), $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hWndListView Switch $iCode ; Case $of?????? ; A Group was clicked <---- I need help with this Case $LVN_GROUPINFO ConsoleWrite("hier" & @CRLF) $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLVGROUP, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$LVN_GROUPINFO" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->GroupId:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iGroupId") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iNewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "iOldState")) Case $LVN_COLUMNCLICK ; A column was clicked $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMLISTVIEW, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$LVN_COLUMNCLICK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->Item:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Item") & @CRLF & _ "-->SubItem:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "NewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "OldState") & @CRLF & _ "-->Changed:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Changed") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionX:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionX") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionY:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionY") & @CRLF & _ "-->Param:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Param")) ; No return value Case $NM_CLICK ; Sent by a list-view control when the user clicks an item with the left mouse button $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $lParam) _DebugPrint("$NM_CLICK" & @CRLF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @CRLF & _ "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @CRLF & _ "-->Index:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index") & @CRLF & _ "-->SubItem:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") & @CRLF & _ "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "NewState") & @CRLF & _ "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "OldState") & @CRLF & _ "-->Changed:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Changed") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionX:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionX") & @CRLF & _ "-->ActionY:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionY") & @CRLF & _ "-->lParam:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "lParam") & @CRLF & _ "-->KeyFlags:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "KeyFlags")) ; No return value EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func _DebugPrint($s_Text, $sLine = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite( _ "!===========================================================" & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF & _ "-->Line(" & StringFormat("%04d", $sLine) & "):" & @TAB & $s_Text & @CRLF & _ "+======================================================" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_DebugPrint If Not StringInStr($CmdLineRaw, "/ErrorStdOut") Then Exit MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, @ScriptName, 'please run from the editor, thanks', 10) Example() Func Example() Local $aInfo, $hImage, $idListview $ghui = GUICreate("ListView Group COLLAPSIBLE", 400, 300) $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 30, 20, 354, 218);, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_SINGLESEL, $LVS_REPORT, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)) $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) ; Load images $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create() _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0xFF0000, 16, 16)) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0x00FF00, 16, 16)) _GUIImageList_Add($hImage, _GUICtrlListView_CreateSolidBitMap($idListview, 0x0000FF, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($idListview, $hImage, 1) ; Add columns _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 1", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 2", 100) _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Column 3", 100) ; Add items _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 1: Col 1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 0, "Row 1: Col 3", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 2: Col 1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, 1, "Row 2: Col 2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, "Row 3: Col 1", 2) ; Build groups _GUICtrlListView_EnableGroupView($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertGroup($idListview, -1, 1, "Group 1", 1) ;~ _GUICtrlListView_SetGroupInfo($idListview, 1, "Group 1", 0, $LVGS_COLLAPSIBLE + $LVGS_COLLAPSED) ; <--- _GUICtrlListView_InsertGroup($idListview, -1, 2, "Group 2") ;~ _GUICtrlListView_SetGroupInfo($idListview, 2, "Group 2", 0, $LVGS_COLLAPSIBLE + $LVGS_COLLAPSED) ; <--- _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 0, 1) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 1, 2) _GUICtrlListView_SetItemGroupID($idListview, 2, 2) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") Local $apos = _GUICtrlListView_GetGroupRect($idListview, 2, $LVGGR_LABEL) Local $test = GUICtrlCreateLabel("a", 2, 2, 10, 17) Local $val = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($test), $GWL_STYLE) Local $valex = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($test), $GWL_EXSTYLE) Local $aha = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx($valex+$WS_EX_LAYERED, "static", "blabla", $val, $apos[0], $apos[1], 50, 20, $hWndListView) _GUIToolTip_AddTool($hToolTip, $hWndListView, "This is a ToolTip3", $aha) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>Example Short description: I only created a label with CreateWindowEx which i can append to the listview control and layered it with the $WS_EX_Layered flag so it looks like it's transparent. Then i only added a tooltip tool to that created label.
      Hover over the Group 2 text and the Tooltip will be displayed. My question is: does someone know another perhaps much prettier solution?
      Thanks in advance