Sign in to follow this  
Jambaman

Simple question

Jambaman

What would be the code make my script hold down a button, the left arrow key, for a certain amount of time, 1 second?

water

Can you please be a bit more specific and tell us what you try to achieve? Which program do you try to automate?

So we can suggest a solution.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Jambaman

Can you please be a bit more specific and tell us what you try to achieve? Which program do you try to automate?

So we can suggest a solution.

Send ("LEFT") for 1 second

^ Holding down the left arrow key for 1 second

water

The question was: Why do you need to hold down the left arrow key for a second?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Jambaman
Send ("{LEFT DOWN}")
Sleep(1000)
Send ("{LEFT UP}")

Cheers mate

Jambaman

It's hard to explain  :P

Jambaman

You should give it a go, like water says there will probably be better solutions than sending keys.

Well im running it in a game and in the interface I need to turn the camera, and to achieve that I need to press the left key or the right key, and I only want it to press it for a second

JLogan3o13

You have two posts now, one in which you come right out and state it is for a game, and the other that looks a lot like game automation though you never state it. Please read the forum rules, especially the part about game automation before posting again.

P.S. Too bad there is nothing in the rules about how pathetic it is to have to use scripts to cheat at games ;)

• Like 2

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

water

I have already reported this thread so a Mod will soon take care of it.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki