IniRead = Stressed out!

I'm having problems reading my .ini file.

I can locate it.

I can create it.

I can write to it.

I cannot read it!  :

What I do get is Message Boxes with "HTML Path is" and "EXE Path is". I don't even get the defaults I created in the variables... or the default "Fail"...

I'm sure it's something stupid I missed.  :x

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Local $htmlPath = "htmlPath"
Local $exePath = "exePath"

SetIni()

Func SetIni()

If Not FileExists ("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini") Then
     MsgBox ($MB_ICONINFORMATION+$MB_OK, "Error", "Unable to find IniPaths.ini. Creating File")
     IniWrite ("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini", "Validation", "Path", "C:\Temp\validation.html")
     IniWrite ("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini", "EXE", "Path", "C:\Temp\")
   EndIf

$htmlPath = IniRead("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini", "Validation", "Path", "Fail")
   MsgBox ($MB_ICONINFORMATION+$MB_OK, "Info", "HTML Path is ", $htmlPath)

$exePath = IniRead("IniPaths.ini", "XDMR", "Path", "Fail")
   MsgBox ($MB_ICONINFORMATION+$MB_OK, "Info", "EXE Path is ", $exePath)
EndFunc

Expert (or even beginner if you can fix it) help appreciated!

I agree with abberation.  That is why the message box did not work.  Now you need to figure out if it says fail or the info from your file.  If fail, this will show you if you are actually creating the file a failed write returns 0:

If Not FileExists ("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini") Then
     MsgBox ($MB_ICONINFORMATION+$MB_OK, "Error", "Unable to find IniPaths.ini. Creating File")
     $filewrite=IniWrite ("C:\Temp\IniPaths.ini", "Validation", "Path", "C:\Temp\validation.html")
     ConsoleWrite(@crlf&"This is the value of file write :"&$filewrite&@crlf)

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Just for the record the actual temporary directory is at @TempDir, not C;Temp.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018