Sign in to follow this  
DeeJay7

Optimize sleep time in script with loop function

DeeJay7

I'm looking possible ways to optimize sleep time in a script which has multiple sleep times for save, refresh etc.

The sleep duration varies from 5 secs to 17 secs time to time (depending upon the record, computer performance etc).

Currently I set max sleep duration. ie sleep(17000).

I'm looking possible ways to dynamically change sleep duration rather than fixed maximum duration.

Note: winwait is not helpful in my script.

Thanks in advance for your responses

water

Post your code so we can see how to help.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Geir1983

Take a look at adlibregister, although its not clear what you want to do.

AdlibRegister()

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,

I'm having a problem whit winwait on firefoxscreens whit the same title and text.
      On mine quest on this forum and internet I've found some work around and solutions.
      unfortunaly This wasn't working for me.

I've tried searching tru winlist or finding some unique text but wasn't finding any solution.
      Does anyone know how to get the wright handle?
      I just want to move the browser to the right place in the end whit WinMove.

thnx in advanced.

#include <Array.au3> Global $A_URL[4][2] = _ [["url1" , "same_title"] , _ ["url2", "same_title"] , _ ["url3" , "other_title" ] , _ ["url4" , "other_title" ]] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($A_URL) ;-----kill all firefox.exe ;~ Run("taskkill /IM firefox.exe /F", "", @SW_HIDE) ;Sleep(5000) For $i = 0 To 1 ConsoleWrite("running 1 : " & $i & @CRLF) Local $ID = ShellExecute("firefox.exe", "-new-window " & $A_URL[$i][0] ,"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" ) ConsoleWrite("$ID = " & $ID & @CRLF) Next sleep(200) ;~ Local $screen1HWND = WinWait($A_URL[0][1],"") ;~ If Not WinActive($screen1HWND) Then WinActivate($screen1HWND) ;~ ConsoleWrite("$screen1HWND = " & $screen1HWND & @CRLF) ;~ Local $screen2HWND = WinWait($A_URL[1][1],"") ;~ If Not WinActive($screen2HWND) Then WinActivate($screen2HWND) ;~ ConsoleWrite("$screen2HWND = " & $screen2HWND & @CRLF) $sWinTitle = $A_URL[0][1] $avWinList = WinList($sWinTitle) For $n = 1 to $avWinList[0][0] ConsoleWrite("Window " & $n & ": Text: " & WinGetText($avWinList[$n][1]) & @LF) Next For $i = 0 To 1 ;~ WinWait("title1", "", 10) ;~ WinActive("title1", "") ;~ WinMove ("title1", "", $i , $i ) Next  
    • MFrancisca
      By MFrancisca
      OK, after days looking at my code, the help file and forums I come (again) for help on message windows.
      I'm having trouble trying to close window messages that appear. This is the code I'm using
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $obs_handler = 0 Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2) While 1 $obs_handler = WinWait("C:\Users\", "", 1) If IsHWnd($obs_handler) then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Message", "handler: "&$obs_handler, 1) ;Sleep(100) $obs_handler = HWND($obs_handler) WinKill($obs_handler, "") ;<<<<< PROBLEM!!!!! Else MsgBox($MB_OK, "Message", "No handler", 1) EndIf Send("{ESC}") Sleep(2000) $obs_handler = 0 WEnd The problem is on the Winkill command, it won't just close the window! 
      Winwait is capturing the handler, it checks as handler. Ii'm using the HWND() command just to be sure it is the correct variable type.  I've also checked the message box info with the autoit window info tool and the handle value matches the one captured by the code. 
      I've tried winkill, winclose, using wingethandle, moving the winkill command to Before the message box so it is not converted to a string, and now using the hwnd function to force the variable type of the handler. The use of the sleep command does not make any diference.
      As a side quest, I'd like to use classes to capture the windows instead of titles, just to keep things cleaner, but using the [CLASS:...] value for winwait is not working. I have the class name and number, am I missing something? 

Thanks! 
    • mistersquirrle
      By mistersquirrle
      TL;DR: Anyway to bypass built in sleep on TrayGetMsg() and GUIGetMsg() ?

I'm currently working on a project that does some heavy array/ GDI+ processing, which depending what I have it do can take between 4s - 1min. During this time, I'd like to have the Tray icon (mainly, possibly also the GUI) for the program be responsive, so that if someone wanted to change actions or exit the script during this, they can without closing the process.

Currently I have my TrayGetMsg and GUIGetMsg captures in my main program loop, working great, and once I go into the array/ GDI+ functions I tried switching it to an AdlibRegister call, unregistering it once completed. The problem with this is that it's adding ~10-20% more time into those functions, which I'd like to avoid. As I understand it, and from the helpfile: "This function automatically idles the CPU when required so that it can be safely used in tight loops without hogging all the CPU." From what I've read/ seen/ tested, this adds a 10ms sleep into the calls. I would rather avoid that sleep all together.

The array/ GDI+ function that I'm doing peg the CPU at 100% (for its core) anyways, so that's not a concern of mine. My only concern for this is speed (and having things be responsive to other actions).

Here's an example:
      Local $iBlockSize = 20, $iWidth = 1920, $iHeight = 1080, $aBigArray[$iWidth * $iHeight], $iPercentDone, $sLastMsg Local $aSmallerArray[Int(Ceiling($iWidth / $iBlockSize)) * Int(Ceiling($iHeight / $iBlockSize))] Local $sAdlib[] = ["Registered: ", "UnRegistered: ", "Registered to _FakeTray: "], $timer, $iIndexLength = UBound($aBigArray) Local $ixBlocks = Int(Ceiling($iWidth / $iBlockSize)), $iBlockIndex, $iBlockX, $iBlockY For $j = 0 To 2 If $j = 0 Then AdlibRegister("_CheckTray", 100) ElseIf $j = 1 Then AdlibUnRegister("_CheckTray") ElseIf $j = 2 Then AdlibRegister("_FakeTray", 100) EndIf $timer = TimerInit() For $i = 0 To $iIndexLength - 1 ; Loop through $aBigArray $aBigArray[$i] = Random(1, 10, 1) $iPercentDone = Floor(($i / $iIndexLength * 100)) ; Hopefully quick maths to get progress If $sLastMsg <> "We are " & $iPercentDone & "% done" Then ; Check if we're on a new percent $sLastMsg = "We are " & $iPercentDone & "% done" ; If so, update the msg ToolTip($sLastMsg, 0, 0) ; And display the current progress EndIf $y = Floor($i / $iWidth) ; Convert index to Y coordinate $x = Floor($i - ($y * $iWidth)) ; Convert index to X coordinate $iBlockX = Floor($x / $iBlockSize) ; Convert X coord to xBlock coord $iBlockY = Floor($y / $iBlockSize) ; Convert Y coord to yBlock coord $iBlockIndex = Int($iBlockX + ($iBlockY * $ixBlocks)) ; Convert into a blockIndex ;~ If Mod($i, 10000) = 0 Then ;~ ConsoleWrite($iBlockIndex & " - " & $i & @CRLF) ;~ EndIf $aSmallerArray[$iBlockIndex] += Int($aBigArray[$i]) ; Add into $aSmallerArray Next ConsoleWrite("Time to run with Adlib" & $sAdlib[$j] & TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) Next Func _CheckTray() Switch TrayGetMsg() Case "Meow" Return Case "Woof" Return EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_CheckTray Func _FakeTray() Local $sMeow = "Oink" Switch $sMeow Case "Meow" Return Case "Woof" Return EndSwitch EndFunc ;==>_FakeTray Exit On my system, this takes ~1 minute to run, output:

Time to run with AdlibRegistered: 19649.335 Time to run with AdlibUnRegistered: 16264.4124 Time to run with AdlibRegistered to _FakeTray: 16860.1283 >Exit code: 0 Time: 53.92 As you can see, it's ~20.8% faster without the Adlib check, and ~16.5% faster using a (hopefully) reproduction of TrayGetMsg() without the built in sleep. These timings vary, but it's consistently much faster without the TrayGetMsg() sleep (unless it's just that slow). I've used the OnEventModes, and those also slow down performance, more so than just using the GetMsgs, so those are out (but effective, and pretty easy to use).
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      I have script Like This :
      Opt("TrayAutoPause",0)
      $var = Ping("www.google.com")
      If not @error Then
      WinActivate ( "testapp")
      ControlClick ( "testapp", "", "[Savetest]")
      ControlSend ( " :: Gujarat TPDS  - eFPS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [eFPS Bill]", "", "[NAME:btnSavebyFP]", "{enter}")
      WinWait(":: Aadhar/EID/Verification Number Entry ::")
      ControlClick(":: Aadhar/EID/Verification Number Entry ::", "", "[NAME:btnNext]")
      If WinExists ("Aadhar : Length Check") Then
         ControlClick("Aadhar : Length Check", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]")
         ControlSend(":: Aadhar/EID/Verification Number Entry ::", "", "[NAME:txtAadharNumber]", "{backspace}")
         ControlSend(":: Aadhar/EID/Verification Number Entry ::", "", "[NAME:txtAadharNumber]", "^v")
         ControlClick(":: Aadhar/EID/Verification Number Entry ::", "", "[NAME:btnNext]")
         WinWait(" :: Barcoded Ration Card Members - Biometric Verification/Check Utility ::")
         ControlSend("[Class:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]", "", "[NAME:PictureBox2]", "{tab} {enter}")
         Sleep(5600)
         RunWait("rasdial /disconnect", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Stop connect from start
         RunWait("rasdial Internet", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Connect again
         Exit
      EndIf
      WinWait(" :: Barcoded Ration Card Members - Biometric Verification/Check Utility ::", "", 1)
      ControlSend("[Class:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.378734a]", "", "[NAME:PictureBox2]", "{tab} {enter}")
      Sleep(5600)
      Exit
      Else
         #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
         MsgBox($MB_TOPMOST, "Connection Status", "Internet is not Connected")
      Exit
      Endif
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i add sleep command using internet speed.
      If my internet speed is 40-50Kbps then sleep for 5 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 30-40Kbps then sleep for 4 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 20-30Kbps then sleep for 3 seconds.

*Sleep command used bitween my costom script, Example,
      Sleep(5000)