andrewz

Extracting Data from the source of a website - wont work :(

andrewz

Hello!

I am currently facing a problem which I can't seem to be able to solve.

What do I want to do with the script ?
Extract all the links of the hotels on this website: http://www.yelp.de/search?cflt=hotels&find_loc=Berlin%2C+Germany
For example the first link to the first hotel would be: http://www.yelp.de/biz/novum-hotel-city-b-berlin-zentrum-berlin  - changes sometimes, so the link will be different.

To start off, I tried to export only one hotel at first. I am using this code to read the content from the source

and then get the content between two "functions" or whatever these are called:

#NoTrayIcon
#include <Inet.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Global $url = "http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1"

Global $content = _INetGetSource($url)
Global $string_A = _StringBetween($content, '<div class="media-avatar">', '</div>')

MsgBox(0,"",$string_A[0])

It's part of an older project, which did almost the same thing, with the exeption that this one is not as easy :(

The link is saved differently, and I can't find a way to export it. After it's saved into an array, I am going to

save the links into a variable with a do - until function. But first I need this step working.

Please, if anyone has an idea how to solve this, even the smallest help is appreciated!

Edited by andrewz

water

If you run Microsofts Internet Explorer you could use the IE UDF to extract the links.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

andrewz

If you run Microsofts Internet Explorer you could use the IE UDF to extract the links.

Doesnt matter which browser, I could use any. But thanks, will look into it ;)

MikahS

Simple example with the IE UDF functionality. Get all links:

#include <IE.au3>

Global $url = "http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1"

Local $oIE = _IECreate($url)
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

Only difference between this and helpfile example (_IELinkGetCollection()) is *_IECreate() & $url, so it should be pretty easy to start using the IE UDF. :D

Edited by MikahS
  • Like 1

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

andrewz

@mikahs and water, you both are brilliant!

MikahS

@mikahs and water, you both are brilliant!

I'd say that's just Water. ;)

Nonetheless, it is my pleasure. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

water

MikahS,

you are brilliant too :)

I just pointed him into the right direction, but you showed him working code.

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

MikahS

MikahS,

you are brilliant too :)

I just pointed him into the right direction, but you showed him working code.

Thank you Water, I appreciate it. :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

water

Give credit where credit is due :)

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

andrewz

So I used it like this:

Global $url = "http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1#start="&$timesran&"&cflt=hotels"
_IECreate($url)
Sleep(5000)
Local $oIE = _IECreate($url,1,1)

I first use _IECreate to open the window cuz "yelp.de" doesnt load the items immediately, it first shows

hotel 1-10 and then after a few seconds displays the ones from the next page. So if the variable

$timesran would be "10" (That means page 2) , it would first completly load the page, then

take the current, already opened IE window and store it inside the variable, and finally collect

all the links.

But, as of today this doesnt seem to work :( Is there any workaround to this, so that the programm would

first wait for the page to not only load completly, but also load the items completly which are loaded

usually 2-3 seconds afterwards.

Try :  http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1#start=10&cflt=hotels

Thanks in advance

Edited by andrewz

MikahS

worked fine for me:

#include <IE.au3>
Global $timesran = "10"
Global $url = "http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1#start="&$timesran&"&cflt=hotels"
_IECreate($url)
Sleep(5000)
MsgBox(0, "", $iNumLinks)

Snips & Scripts

andrewz

worked fine for me:

#include <IE.au3>
Global $timesran = "10"
_IECreate($url)
Sleep(5000)
MsgBox(0, "", $iNumLinks)

Did it display you the hotels 1-10 or 11-20 ?

Maybe I should have posted more code:

#NoTrayIcon
#include <IE.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>

FileDelete("Links.txt")
_FileCreate("Edited.txt")

$timesran = 0

Do
_FileCreate("Links.txt")
Global $url = "http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=&find_loc=Frankfurt+am+Main%2C+Hessen&ns=1#find_desc=Hotel&start="&$timesran&"&cflt=hotels"
_IECreate($url)
Sleep(5000)

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next

FileWrite("Links.txt",$sTxt)

$file = "Links.txt"
FileOpen($file, 0)
For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
    $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
If StringInStr($line,"http://www.yelp.de/biz/") = true Then
    $content = FileRead("Edited.txt")
    If StringInStr($content,$line) = false Then
    FileWrite("Edited.txt",$line & @CRLF)
    EndIf
    EndIf
Next
FileClose($file)
FileDelete("Links.txt")
sleep(1000)
$timesran += 10

Until $timesran = "1000"

$msg=_FileCountLines ("Edited.txt")
MsgBox(0,"",$msg)
Edited by andrewz

MikahS

Hotels 11-20.

Snips & Scripts

andrewz

Hotels 11-20.

Hmm I edited my last post with the full code, dunno why it worked yesterday. :/

Am I missing something ? Thanks in advance

MikahS

What is the expected order of hotels?

Snips & Scripts

andrewz

What is the expected order of hotels?

Oh  I still got "until timeran = 1000" from berlin, I switched to frankfurt tho.

Frankfurth has 704 listed hotels on the site. http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=&find_loc=Frankfurt+am+Main%2C+Hessen&ns=1#find_desc=Hotel&start=0&cflt=hotels

The order doesnt matter, aslong as all the links from page 1-71 are saved

into a txt file. Yelp.de however has this different way of loading the results,

why the usual collect link function didnt work untill I changed it to first

run IE and load it, then take it if it already exists and grab all the links.

Somehow this worked yesterday, and today suddently stopped working .

&start=0 means page 1

&start=10 means page 2

and so on...you probably already understood that.

Edited by andrewz

MikahS

Maybe because you are using a different URL?

; one used before

"http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1"
;one used now

"http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=&find_loc=Frankfurt+am+Main%2C+Hessen&ns=1#find_desc=Hotel&start="&$timesran&"&cflt=hotels"

Snips & Scripts

andrewz

Maybe because you are using a different URL?

; one used before

"http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotels&find_loc=Berlin&ns=1"
;one used now

"http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=&find_loc=Frankfurt+am+Main%2C+Hessen&ns=1#find_desc=Hotel&start="&$timesran&"&cflt=hotels"

Doesnt make a difference, the displayed results are the same, I also tried it with : http://www.yelp.de/search?find_desc=Hotel&find_loc=Frankfurt+am+Main%2C+Hessen&cflt=hotels#start=10

which showed the same results and still didnt work. Might also be the PC here which uses some older IE version, and is kinda slow.

The programm also opens all the links perfectly fine, but the collected links are always hotels 1 - 10 , dunno why it doesnt grab the

ones which load after a few seconds.

EDIT: Got it to work by removing the filedelete and filecreate function each time it repeats! It's screwing everything up :o

The intention of deleting and recreating it was to lower the search time in the links file. Now I will just make it empty the file.

Thanks for the ideas/help tho :)

Just added this:

FileOpen($file, 2)
FileClose($file)
Edited by andrewz

MikahS

Thanks for the ideas/help tho :)

My pleasure. ;)

Snips & Scripts

SmOke_N

I'm so confused...

1.  You're not declaring the "first" _IECreate() with a variable

2.  You're using Sleep() instead of _IELoadWait()

3.  You then go to the same URL "again" right after the sleep, this time with a declared _IECreate() variable object

4.  You're constantly declaring variable and creating (over writing older ones) files within a loop

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.