cdjphoenix

Combining Arrays

10 posts in this topic

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on a problem I've been having combining some arrays. I've searched the forum and found some posts but I'm still having troubles

My goal is to have an array that I can display with 3 seperate columns, I'd actually be happy with anyway to get 3 arrays on a table. I have a MySQL server that I am pulling 3 different fields from "firstname", "lastname" and "phone" and I can pull the data without any problems, it's just combining them.

Here is what I have currently code wise. It's not very pretty but it works...

#include "mysql.au3"
#include "array.au3"

$sql = _MySQLConnect('username','password','table','TestSystem')
$row = _Query($sql, "SELECT * FROM fax")
Global $aArray
Global $sFill
Global $aArray_Base [1] [3]
$aArray = $aArray_Base

Global $aArray2
Global $sFill2
Global $aArray_Base2 [1] [3]
$aArray2 = $aArray_Base2

Global $aArray3
Global $sFill3
Global $aArray_Base3 [1] [3]
$aArray3 = $aArray_Base3

with $row
While NOT .EOF

Global $FirstName = .Fields("firstname").value
   Global $LastName = .Fields("lastname").value
   Global $FaxNumber = .Fields("faxnumber").value
   $sFill = $FirstName
   $sFill2 = $LastName
   $sFill3 = $FaxNumber
   _ArrayAdd($aArray, $sFill)
   _ArrayAdd($aArray2, $sFill2)
   _ArrayAdd($aArray3, $sFill3)
   .MoveNext

;MsgBox(0,"TEST",$FirstName &" " & $LastName & " " & $FaxNumber)
WEnd

EndWith

_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Test Array")
_ArrayDisplay($aArray2, "Test Array")
_MySQLEnd($sql)

Thank you for taking the time to look at my code/problem.

why not just add them to the same array?  the third parameter of arrayadd is column so something like:

_ArrayAdd($aArray, $sFill2, 1)
   _ArrayAdd($aArray, $sFill3 , 2)

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

There were all in the same array at one point but I've been trying everything I can think of in order to get this to show the way i want.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

My goal is to have an array that I can display with 3 seperate columns

i dont understand how placing this data into a single array with three columns, via arrayadd, does not meet the above requirement.  Is there something else you want of this 3 columned array?

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

You need to add some kind of error checking to your script. Every function sets the return value or macro @error when something went wrong. Check for errors before proceeding to the next statement.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Can you not use your "Select" statement to get whatever you want, in whatever order you want?

Select firstname, lastname, faxnumber from fax

edit: spelling / comment deleted

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Really?

Is your version of AutoIt from the future?

I get all kinds of errors, not least from this...

While NOT .EOF

It must be, I have no doubt there are errors but the reason i say it works is that when i run it I see my data in a table...all in one column, but it's still a table.

Right now in order to update certain user info I have to go to two serperate spots to update it and I find this annoying. What I'm trying to do is get this data into a MySQL database and use autoit to update this database along with Active Directory. Thanks for the input though, I see if i can add in some error checking.

*Edit here is my original code before i went crazy and started trying wierd things to get those coulmns.

#include "mysql.au3"
#include "array.au3"

$sql = _MySQLConnect('user','password','test','TestSystem')
Global $aArray,$aArray2
Global $sFill, $sFill2
$aArray = $aArray_Base
with $row
While NOT .EOF

$sFill =$FirstName
   $sFill2 =$LastName
   $sFill3 =$FaxNumber
   _ArrayAdd($aArray, $sFill3, 2)
   .MoveNext
   ;MsgBox(0,"TEST",$FirstName)
WEnd
EndWith

_MySQLEnd($sql)
Edited by cdjphoenix

why not just add them to the same array?  the third parameter of arrayadd is column so something like:

_ArrayAdd($aArray, $sFill3 , 2)

I knew it would be something simple, this gets the correct data into the correct spots....for the most part. whatever reason each piece of data is in the correct column but it's one piece per row.

I Figured out how to do what I was looking to do. Here is the code just in case someone else comes searching for something similar:

#include "mysql.au3"
#include "array.au3"

$sql = _MySQLConnect('user','password','table','SQLSystem')
Global $aArray,$aArray2
Global $sFill, $sFill2
$aArray = $aArray_Base
with $row
While NOT .EOF

Local $sFill[2] [3] = [[$FirstName, $LastName,$FaxNumber]]
   .MoveNext

WEnd
EndWith

_MySQLEnd($sql)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dimmae
      By Dimmae
      Hello,
      at first: i'm new here, so please forgive me my mistakes, and show them to me, just that i can learn to do better in the future.
      Now to my Problem: i have an excel sheet, where i just need some columns for further actions, but i have no idea how to add single columns to a new array.
      I found the following code(the one i just added as a file) from 'water' in this forum, but i wont get how i could add multiple columns into a new array.
      The biggest problem in my situation is that i dont know the count of the rows i need for the array, i just got a fix number of rows, which is 4.

Hope you can help me, and sry again for this 'unlucky illustration'.

btw: how can i add code shown as code here, instead of posting it as a attached file?.

autoit-select-column.au3
      defects.xlsx
    • Eli_jahbot
      By Eli_jahbot
      My esteemed Autoits I need your help once again.
      I'm trying to figure out how to create a loop that gets 1 value from an array and repeats until each value from the array has been used. I have never used arrays before and I know once I learn more things should get easier for me. 
      Here is what Im trying to do:
      -Have an array of values that determine what application i log into. ex: app1, app2, app3, app4 etc.
      -Have a loop that repeats a process sequentially using each value in the array to finish the process for each app1, app2, app 3 and so forth. I have 30 apps that I need to update on a regular basis and getting this sorted out is what I perceive to be the best way to do it.
      Here is my feeble attempt that obviously fails:
      #include <msgboxconstants.au3>
      #include <Constants.au3>
      #include <array.au3>
      Login()
      Func Login()
          local $array[30] = ["10", "11", "12",etc etc]
          ;;Local $site = InputBox("ERx Site","What site do you want to login as?","","")
          Local $userid = InputBox("ERx Login", "What is your username?", "", "")
          Local $Passwd = InputBox("Security Check", "Enter your UAT password.", "", "*")
      for $1 = 1 to 30(I need to do the same steps in 30 different apps)
      run("Z:launch.exe")
      WinWaitActive("Input")
      Send (Sequential ARRAY VALUE HERE)
      Send("{ENTER}")
      WinWaitActive("window")
      Send($userid)
      Send("{TAB}")
      send($Passwd)
      Send("{ENTER}")
      WinWaitActive("[CLASS:SunAwtDialog]")
      Sleep(500)
      WinClose("Home Page")
      Next
      EndFunc

your help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks for your time
    • czardas
      By czardas
      Haven't had much time to code recently. However the following thread inspired me.
      The debate about linear, parallel and binary search methods was rather interesting and, in an attempt to be diplomatic, I decided to combine @jchd's suggestion with @LarsJ's binary search example. I decided that the binary search algorithm required modification to make it more linear. As usual, 'if you invent something, it probably already exists and if it already exists, it exists for a reason'. My first attempt was not all that good. The code worked but was really a mess. I blame peer pressure (to post an example of a parallel search method).  I will delete that old code in due course.
      With a little memory jogging and a glance at the help file, the solution turned out to be quite easy: I just needed a better understanding of Euler. Further modification will be needed to work with more complicated unicode strings. The output could be returned as an array or a delimitered string. I'm not so interested in those details. I'm just going to post the algorithm for now and anyone, who wants to, can modify it to suit their needs. Both arrays must contain at least 1 element.
      Local $aFoo = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20,23,24,26,30,35,39,40,41] Local $aBar = [0,1,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,19,21,24,25,26,27,34,35,38,40] ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) ; Compares two lists - returning positive matches. Each input array must be unique (individually) and in alphabetical order. Func ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) Local $sFind, _ $iMin_F = -1, $iMax_F = UBound($aFoo) -1, $Lo_F = $iMin_F, $Hi_F, _ $iMin_B = -1, $iMax_B = UBound($aBar) -1, $Lo_B = $iMin_B, $Hi_B While $iMin_F < $iMax_F And $iMin_B < $iMax_B ; Toggle Arrays - Which array has most untested elements? This is the one we want to search next, ; so we can bypass more comparisons because (in theory) mismatches have a greater chance of being skipped. If $iMax_F - $iMin_F >= $iMax_B - $iMin_B Then ; $aFoo has more (or an equal number of) untested elements $Hi_F = $iMax_F $iMin_B += 1 $sFind = $aBar[$iMin_B] While $Lo_F < $Hi_F ; search $aFoo For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_F - $Lo_F) / Log(2)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F + 2^$i If $aFoo[$Lo_F] = $sFind Then $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $Lo_F & "] = $aBar[" & $iMin_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aFoo[$Lo_F] > $sFind Then $Hi_F = $Lo_F -1 $iMin_F += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; minimum increment is one WEnd Else ; $aBar has more untested elements $Hi_B = $iMax_B $iMin_F += 1 $sFind = $aFoo[$iMin_F] While $Lo_B < $Hi_B ; search $aBar For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_B - $Lo_B) / Log(2)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B + 2^$i If $aBar[$Lo_B] = $sFind Then $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $iMin_F & "] = $aBar[" & $Lo_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aBar[$Lo_B] > $sFind Then $Hi_B = $Lo_B -1 $iMin_B += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; minimum increment is one WEnd EndIf WEnd EndFunc ;==> ParallelExponetialSearch I hope this will be useful to someone. I believe it deserved a thread of its own!
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!
    • Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.
      This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
      The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
      Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
      plumbing.
      The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
      figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
      ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file. ; The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay. ; Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future ; plumbing. ; ; The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot ; figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #include-once #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2] ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number] Don't get confused! [Row][Column] Local $i = 0 Local $iLeft = 30 Local $iTop = 30 Local $sName Local $sNumber Local $aArray Local $iMaxCol = 5 Local $iRow = 0 Local $iCol = 0 Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2] $aArray1 = ReadFile() $aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1) _ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers) ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func ReadFile() Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt" Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $aArrayFile Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2] Local $aName Local $sCheckBox1 Const $iL = 10 ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up Local $sFill Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0 ; Put the Names into an Array _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile) For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Names If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next $iCol = 1 $iRow = 0 $sFill = "" For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Numbers If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next Return $aTextFile EndFunc ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the Name and Number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func DisplayNames($aArray1) Local $aName[$iMax] Local $aNumbers[$iMax] $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1) $iMMCount -=1 Local $iWidth = 300 Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30 GUISetFont(12) $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Name Number",1,5) ;$iTop += 30 ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0] $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText) $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the ; new number. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iLeft = 60 GUIStartGroup() $iTop = 28 For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1] $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount) $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1 Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount] Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2] $iLeft = 30 Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idCloseGUI For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1 Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0] Case $GUI_UNCHECKED EndSwitch Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1]) EndSwitch Next ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1 GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1] EndIf Next GUIDelete($hGUI) Return $aCheckedNameNumber EndFunc This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.
      * This is a dummy file with a Name and Number * The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number. Name:Taggart Number:916 Name:Mongo Number:90 Name:Hedley Lamarr Number:22 Name:Bart Number:9999 Name:The Waco Kid Number:2244 If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
      Jibberish
      NameNumber.txt