Sign in to follow this  
kadanefewi

Killing compiled exe kills all the process it created

Hey people.

I want to keep running a process executed by the main compiled script after I kill the process, using ProcessKill.

The problem is that after killing the parent process, the children is also terminated. I tried using Run, ShellExecute (what I need to run are batch commands BTW).

Anyway to prevent this behavior? All I can think of is creating a scheduled task to keep it alive after closing the main one, but it might be unreliable, depending on the system.

Why do you need to kill the parent process? If you exit the main process do the child processes get killed as well?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-09-05 - Version 1.5.1.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

I was reviewing the code to post it here... I'm not a smart man, I was closing the bat and not the main exe! Was calling the wrong variable, thanks for the help, you made me realize my mistake!

Glad your problem could be solved :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-09-05 - Version 1.5.1.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DesireDenied
      Hey guys,
      I having some hard times getting false-positive, probably because I am trying to execute my AutoUpdater.
      Here is my code:

Global $iUpdateTimer = 0 While 1 checkUpdates(10) WEnd Func checkUpdates($iDelay = 10) $iDelay = $iDelay * 1000 * 60 If TimerDiff($iUpdateTimer) > $iDelay Then ConsoleWrite('checking for updates...' & @CRLF) $iUpdateTimer = TimerInit() If FileExists('AutoUpdater.exe') Then ShellExecuteWait('AutoUpdater.exe') ; this is the line which cause my problem EndIf EndFunc And AutoUpdater code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> Global $sExecName = 'test.exe' Global $sUpdatePath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\update\'& $sExecName Global $sUserPath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\'& $sExecName Global $sCopyright = 'someUniqueStringHere' If Not FileExists($sUpdatePath) Then Exit 0 If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath, $FV_LEGALCOPYRIGHT) <> $sCopyright Then Exit 0 ; checking if we really want to update and execute the file If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath) > FileGetVersion($sUserPath) Then $iResponse = MsgBox(BitOR($MB_YESNO, $MB_ICONQUESTION),'AnyAppName', 'There is an update available, would you like to update?') If $iResponse == $IDYES Then If ProcessExists($sExecName) Then ProcessClose($sExecName) Sleep(500) EndIf FileCopy($sUpdatePath, $sUserPath, $FC_OVERWRITE) Sleep(3000) ShellExecute($sUserPath) Exit 1 EndIf EndIf Exit 0 I am not trying to ask, why is my code is getting recognized as false-positive, because this is quite obvious, but is there any other way to get things done without running external process?

• By chenni037
      I need to save the execution result as a text file. Is there any solution?
      ShellExecute ( "filename" [, "parameters" [, "workingdir" [, "verb" [, showflag]]]] )    if  parameters have " > " can't Execute correctly, 
      Example 1:
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat > test123.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      Example 2:
      ShellExecute("help", "dir > helpdir.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("help", "dir", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      T1.au3
    • By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance