kadanefewi

Killing compiled exe kills all the process it created

4 posts in this topic

Hey people.

I want to keep running a process executed by the main compiled script after I kill the process, using ProcessKill.

The problem is that after killing the parent process, the children is also terminated. I tried using Run, ShellExecute (what I need to run are batch commands BTW).

Anyway to prevent this behavior? All I can think of is creating a scheduled task to keep it alive after closing the main one, but it might be unreliable, depending on the system.

Why do you need to kill the parent process? If you exit the main process do the child processes get killed as well?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I was reviewing the code to post it here... I'm not a smart man, I was closing the bat and not the main exe! Was calling the wrong variable, thanks for the help, you made me realize my mistake!

Glad your problem could be solved :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.
      From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.
      However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?
      Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "") msgbox(0,"",$iPid) Thank you,
      Brian
    • BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've been trying to figure out how to launch Google Chrome in the background (hidden) but it doesn't seem possible. I've tried the following methods:
      ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", "", "", "", @SW_HIDE) Also I've tried:
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec, "/c start chrome.exe","","",@SW_HIDE) Lastly I tried:
      RunWait('"'&@ProgramFilesDir&'\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --silent-launch',@ScriptDir)  
      But all of them launch my chrome browser without hiding it. Does anyone know a workaround for this or if AutoIT just can't Chrome? 
      Bonus points if you know how to make it launch chrome hidden and make it go to https://www.autoitscript.com

Thank you,
      Brian
    • ur
      By ur
      With  ProcessList ( ["name"] )  we are able to get the running process list from the local machine.

Is there anyway to get the list from Remote machine, more precisely to get to know the status whether a particular application is running or not on remote machine using AutoIT?

We can implement through PSList.exe, but again we need to parse the text of it to read the output.
      Is there any direct UDF in AutoIT?
    • Miloud
      By Miloud
      How to get the result of the command?
      My code :
      Local $iRc = ShellExecute ( "G:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" , "-version" , "G:\ffmpeg\bin\") ProcessWaitClose($iRc) $Message = StdoutRead($iRc)
    • breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      I want to run a python script from autoit. 
      I know we can do this with shellexecute or run , but this python script takes 3 cmd line arguments.
      How to pass them from autoit script?
      I tried many ways.
      Following solution also not working 
      e.g. 
      RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe Scriptpath\ReadLog.py  -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ') Found solution:
      RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe ReadLog.py -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ', 'Working_directory_path')  
      PFB description:
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45757834/how-to-pass-command-line-arguments-to-a-python-script-anyscript-while-executin