sswcharlie

SendKeys and Excel VBA

sswcharlie

Hi

I am looking for examples of AutoIt using sendkeys.

What I would like to use is from an Excel VBA to call the AutoIt.exe file and then take a value from Excel (say cell D4 text  'abc') and sendkeys to an app (the only other open application). Could be Word, Notepad, Arduino monitor, etc. any and only 1 of which will be open.

Where would I find such examples ?

water

Please have a look at the Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt to read Excel values. 

To send keys to an application check Send or Controlsend. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

junkew

Please take also a look in VBA manuals / google regarding VBA and SENDKEYS as you can do your stuff like notepad most likely directly from VBA.

Otherwise I would suggest to write your whole solution in AutoIT and not mix VBA and AutoIT complicating your solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      The FAQ proposed as a solution to keys getting stuck  to do this command
      ControlSend("", "", "", "text", 0) However this sends "text" to the last active control if I am not mistaken.I have tried this with
      controlsend("", "", "", "{altup}{shiftup}{ctrlup}", 0) This is already a lot better but still fails 1/10
      I cannot allow the script to send "text" to the last active control, and its a bit silly to let it send to somewhere where its harmless no?
      Are there any other methods of unstucking keys?
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears, i have an question please if you can help me.
      i maked an program to do some functions
      and this program works with the global hot keys
      i added an option to the users to change the hot keys
      when i searched about how to do that i found this UDF
      GUIHotkey.au3
      http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107965
      but the problem here that this UDF cant be detect the win key.
      can you help me to add it, or if there are any others UDFSS wich do that work please give me some.
      i hope that my question is clear for you.
      thanks in advance
    • Fortitude
      By Fortitude
      Hello!
      I have made a program, that opens a folder, and then store the path ("C:\programFiles\etc") in a variable.
      Then i need to open the command panel as administrator, and write  in the stored path, and some other text.

Can i somehow instantly copypaste the text i needed, instead of writing in the command panel with the Send commands?

#RequireAdmin #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global Const $sMessage = "Select a folder" ; Display an open dialog to select a file. Global $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, "") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Nem választottál ki mappát!") Exit EndIf Global $Tiff_path = $sFileSelectFolder & "\TiffChecker_2_32" FileCopy( "C:\TiffChecker_2_32.exe" , $sFileSelectFolder) $CMD = $Tiff_path & " " & $sFileSelectFolder & " /s/d" Run("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") Send($CMD) Sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(1000) MsgBox(0,"Press OK", "Press OK to continue") FileCopy("C:\Tiffchecker.txt", $sFileSelectFolder) Also, how do i close the command panel, when the program is finished? (usually its under 1 second, so after the send i just put a Sleep function there)
    • Docfxit
      By Docfxit
      I would like to know if there is a way to make the send cmd send characters when using
      Graphical AutoIt Debugger By Stumpii,
      If Not WinActive("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install") Then WinActivate("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install") WinWaitActive("Setup - UltraVNC","Setup is preparing to install") Send("{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}") ;Finish The debugger when using step mode will execute the Send cmd line but the window doesn't receive the input.
      Thanks,
      Docfxit