kcvinu

How to set Left, Right indents of a word document

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I need to set a word document's left, right indents programatically. Say, when i press Alt+L, then left indent should go to a specific location. And when i press Alt+R, then right indent should go to a specific location. I have searched a lot in the members of Range object. But couldn't find anything related to indents. My assumption is that, there is a property in range object like this- "$Range.LeftIndent = 3.5" and "$Range.RightIndent = 5.5"  I need help. I am struggling.

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Um, got a hint. "Range.ParagraphFormat.Tabstops" Let me check it.

Edit. I have got ParagraphFormat.TabIndent() for left indent. But what is for right indent ?

Edit2 - How can i use "InchesToPoints" in AutoIt ?

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

I'm not sure but I think it's a method of the application or document object. 

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-02-03 - Version 1.4.7.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

@water , Now, left side indent is ok. I need to find out how to set the right side indent . :) 

My Contributions

News flash: there is no right indent !

Most likely you are thinking in terms of left and right margins (page setup).

Re-read second half of post #3.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Atlast i got it. 

$wRange.ParagraphFormat.RightIndent = 230

So simple

Edit. Only drawback of this method is that, it uses point instead of inches. 

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

You might want to use the methods of the Word application object or the following functions to translate from/to points:

Func CentimetersToPoints($iValue)
    Return ($iValue * 28.35)
EndFunc   ;==>CentimetersToPoints

Func InchesToPoints($iValue)
    Return ($iValue * 72)
EndFunc   ;==>InchesToPoints

Func LinesToPoints($iValue)
    Return ($iValue * 12)
EndFunc   ;==>LinesToPoints

Func PicasToPoints($iValue)
    Return ($iValue * 12)
EndFunc   ;==>PicasToPoints

Func PointsToCentimeters($iValue)
    Return ($iValue / 28.35)
EndFunc   ;==>CentimetersToPoints

Func PointsToInches($iValue)
    Return ($iValue / 72)
EndFunc   ;==>InchesToPoints

Func PointsToLines($iValue)
    Return ($iValue / 12)
EndFunc   ;==>LinesToPoints

Func PointsToPicas($iValue)
    Return ($iValue / 12)
EndFunc   ;==>PicasToPoints

Edited by water
1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-02-03 - Version 1.4.7.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

@water , Wow !. Great. I don't know how to say thanks for this. Anyway Thank you. :)

My Contributions

Glad to be of service :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Alin86
      By Alin86
      Hello, in my own design of small procedures, used to insert the ellipse notation in the GUI graphics, and let the arrow pointing to the little girl mouth position. I discovered that point to the gap region size is not fixed, first thought he had just set the angle, calculate the arc starting coordinates and end coordinates OK, then I found that I was wrong. The online search information, for a long time did not find the answer, only to the official website to help you, because I do not start.

#include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client $nPI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 $iAngle = 95 $iSpace = 50 $nX = 100 $nY = 200 $nWidth = 200 $nHeight = 100 $fStartAngle = $iAngle + $iSpace / 2 $fSweepAngle = 360 - $iSpace _GDIPlus_Startup() Local Const $iWidth = 600, $iHeight = 600 Local $hGUI = GUICreate("GDI+ UDF 示例", $iWidth, $iHeight) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hGUI) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hGraphics, $GDIP_SMOOTHINGMODE_HIGHQUALITY) Local $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xFFFF8080, 1) Local $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile("g_8.png") _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hGraphics, $hImage, 400, 100, 102, 278) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawArc($hGraphics, $nX, $nY, $nWidth, $nHeight, $fStartAngle, $fSweepAngle, $hPen) ; Local $a = $nWidth / 2 Local $b = $nHeight / 2 Local $c = Sqrt($a ^ 2 - $b ^ 2) Local $Coordinate[4] $Coordinate[0] = Sqrt($a ^ 2 * $b ^ 2 / ($a ^ 2 * Tan((360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) * $nPI / 180) ^ 2 + $b ^ 2)) $Coordinate[1] = Tan((360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) * $nPI / 180) * $Coordinate[0] ;_ArrayDisplay($Coordinate) If (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) >= 90 And (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) <= 270 Then $Coordinate[0] = -$Coordinate[0] If (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) >= 0 And (360 - $iAngle - $iSpace / 2) < 180 Then $Coordinate[1] = -$Coordinate[1] $Coordinate[0] = $nX + $a + $Coordinate[0] $Coordinate[1] = $nY + $b + $Coordinate[1] ;MouseMove($Coordinate[0], $Coordinate[1]) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() GUIDelete($hGUI)
    • Duck
      By Duck
      I'm attempting to read each line of a word document and assign the line to a variable. Similarly to how you can read a line from a text file (.txt or .csv) using FileReadLine(). So far i have been unsuccessful in reading from a .doc/.docx file, nor have i found any documentation that has helped.

In searching for a solution i did find a function to convert the word doc to a text file, however my script is for (PCI) auditing purposes and i do not want to create a new file on the HDD.  I have also read through the _Word UDF help files... Unless im not understanding the _Word UDF correctly, I did not see anything that functions similarly to the FileReadLine function.
      Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!  

Here is what i have been attempting to do(doesn't work): 

#include <file.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <LuhnCheck.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <Word.au3> Global $sPath = 'C:\Users\' Global $filePath Global $pii = @ScriptDir & '\pii_CreditCard.csv' Global $filesArray = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath , '*.txt;*.csv;*.doc;*.docx;*.xls;*.xlsx',1,1,0,2) For $i = 1 to $filesArray[0] ;Loop through file extensions and add files to the fileArray ;Assign the position in the filesArray to filePath (filePath is set to full path in FileListToArrayRec) $filePath = $filesArray[$i] readFile($filePath) Next Func readFile($file) If StringInStr($file, '.txt') Or StringInStr($file, '.csv') Then ; .txt file readTxtFile($file) ElseIf StringInStr($file, '.doc') Then ; .doc & .docx files ;============================================== part that does not work========================= Local $oWord = _Word_Create() ;$openFile = FileOpen($file, 0); While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine(_Word_DocOpen($oWord, $file, Default, Default, True)) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop ;lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) MsgBox(0,0, $line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) ;============================================== part that does not work========================== EndIf EndFunc Func readTxtFile($fileToOpen) $openFile = FileOpen($fileToOpen, 0); open file for reading and assing it to the openFile variable While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine($openFile) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) EndFunc Func lookForCreditCardNumbers($evaluateString) $aResult = StringRegExp($evaluateString, '[4|5|3|6][0-9]{15}|[4|5|3|6][0-9]{3}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) If Not @error Then Local $newString1 = StringReplace($aResult[0], ' ', '') ;remove spaces Local $newString2 = StringReplace($newString1, '-', '') ;remove dashes Local $bool = _LuhnValidate($newString2) ; Check possible CC number against the Luhn algorithm If $bool = 'True' Then Local $piiCSV = FileOpen($pii, 1) ;open text file for appending/writing, 1 FileWriteLine($piiCSV, $filePath & ', ' & $newString2) FileClose($piiCSV) EndIf EndIf EndFunc  
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi Guys,
      Firstly, thanks for your  help in the past.
      I have a new activity I need to accomplish.
      In summary:
      * need to read a cell in excel (containing a file name)
      * open the file name in word (as its a word document
      *copy the word document
      *paste the word document into the master document
      *read next cell in excel
      ... and repeat until you reach the bottom of the column.

I can read cells open workbooks etc.
      But as far as copying and pasting in word - where is the best place to start, and what functions should I be looking at. Or even if autoit is the right system to use?
      Thanks

• kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all (Especially @water)
      I wonder how to do this task in word from autoit.
      Assume that i pasted some text into word with this code.
      Local $oWord = ObjGet("","Word.Application") Local $wRangeObj = _Word_DocRangeSet($oWord, 0) Local $data = ClipGet() $wRangeObj.Text = $data $wRangeObj.Font.Bold = True So far so good. Now, i need to enter a new line in word and turn the Font.Bold = False.  
      Currently, i did it with activating the word window and Send() function. But i would like to do it with the help of COM object. How can i do that ? 
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I am trying to save an word document but it won't work , This is my REALLY simple script:
      #include <Word.au3> Global $oWord = _Word_Create(False, True) _Word_DocSaveAs($oWord) MsgBox(0, @error, @extended) And my MsgBox:

I know that its a COM error because @error is set 2... but what about the COM error code? I cannot find anything related to -2147352570!