Sign in to follow this  
AutID

_WinAPI_EnumProcessModules error 10

AutID

Hello,

I will put it as simple as possible

Why this code runs perfectly on 32bit and it fails on 64bit?

Local $hWND = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:LSS_app]")
ConsoleWrite($hWND & @LF)
Local $hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND)
If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error: " & @error & @LF)
For $i = 0 To $hModuleList[0][0] - 1
;~  If StringInStr($hModuleList[$i][1], "sysCap64.dll") Then
        ConsoleWrite($hModuleList[$i][0] & @LF)
;~  EndIf
Next

As the title says EnumProcessModules returns error 10 which I have no clue what it is.

It must be something with autoit or my lack of coding because a similar code in C# will work like a charm on both x86 and x64

Process[] Processes = Process.GetProcessesByName("winLSS64Cap");
            Process nProcess = Processes[0];
            Handle = OpenProcess(0x10, true, (uint)nProcess.Id);
            for(int i = 0; i < nProcess.Modules.Count; i++)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(nProcess.Modules[i].ModuleName);
            }

Edited by AutID

AutID

Flags. To determine which modules the function will return based on bits. If I recall correctly default will return all of them.

I have tried with all the flags. The error is the same

Edited by AutID

InunoTaishou

Out of all the posts I've seen where someone tried to blame AutoIt, they've never been right.

#include <WinApiProc.au3>

Local $hWND1 = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass]")
Local $hWND2 = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:QWidget]")
Local $hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND1)
ConsoleWrite("Error for $hWND1 (PID: " & $hWND1 & ") " & @error & @LF)
$hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND2)
ConsoleWrite("Error for $hWND2 (PID: " & $hWND2 & ") " & @error & @LF)

I get no error when I enum for FireFox but i do get an error when I enum for QWidget (VLC). Both PIDs are correct.

AutID
32 minutes ago, InunoTaishou said:

Out of all the posts I've seen where someone tried to blame AutoIt, they've never been right.

#include <WinApiProc.au3>

Local $hWND1 = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass]")
Local $hWND2 = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:QWidget]")
Local $hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND1)
ConsoleWrite("Error for $hWND1 (PID: " & $hWND1 & ") " & @error & @LF)
$hModuleList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessModules($hWND2)
ConsoleWrite("Error for $hWND2 (PID: " & $hWND2 & ") " & @error & @LF)

I get no error when I enum for FireFox but i do get an error when I enum for QWidget (VLC). Both PIDs are correct.

I don't know who is blaming autoit and I don't know what your post means.
In case you are talking about me and supposing I am that guy blablabla, how does your post prove the opposite?

AutID
9 hours ago, JohnOne said:

Have you tried compiling code for 64 bit?

Just to eliminate that.

To me "The environment is incorrect" sounds like a bitness issue you see,

That solved it! However I need to compile it every time I need to test it. + consolewrite debugs won't do here.
Is there a way to avoid this issue on scite?

Big thanks mate

BrewManNH

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y, add this to your script and then run it in Scite, should be fine that way.

EDIT: You have to have installed Scite4AutoIt3 prior to using this directive.

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      Hi all, 

Recently my work swapped from Cisco CTIOS to Finesse. This completely threw me off as I had been automating the Win32 application and I had never done IUIAutomation before. As such I've been messing around with the API and will be adding code as I figure it out. While I do have Supervisor access, I will likely not be adding functions for those features yet.
      Currently Available Functions:

Changelog:

Changes I'm Thinking About

Download:
      Finesse.au3

• ScriptJunky
      By ScriptJunky
      I noticed a lack of a constants file for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() so I made this for anyone who wants to add it to their library. Enjoy!  (file attached below)
      #include-once ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: WinAPI GetSystemMetrics Constants ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Constants for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(). ; Author(s) .....: ScriptJunky ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CONSTANTS# =================================================================================================================== ; _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() Global Const $ARRANGE = 56 Global Const $CLEANBOOT = 67 Global Const $CMONITORS = 80 Global Const $CMOUSEBUTTONS = 43 Global Const $CONVERTIBLESLATEMODE = 0x2003 Global Const $CXBORDER = 5 Global Const $CXCURSOR = 13 Global Const $CXDLGFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXDOUBLECLK = 36 Global Const $CXDRAG = 68 Global Const $CXEDGE = 45 Global Const $CXFIXEDFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXFOCUSBORDER = 83 Global Const $CXFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXFULLSCREEN = 16 Global Const $CXHSCROLL = 21 Global Const $CXHTHUMB = 10 Global Const $CXICON = 11 Global Const $CXICONSPACING = 38 Global Const $CXMAXIMIZED = 61 Global Const $CXMAXTRACK = 59 Global Const $CXMENUCHECK = 71 Global Const $CXMENUSIZE = 54 Global Const $CXMIN = 28 Global Const $CXMINIMIZED = 57 Global Const $CXMINSPACING = 47 Global Const $CXMINTRACK = 34 Global Const $CXPADDEDBORDER = 92 Global Const $CXSCREEN = 0 Global Const $CXSIZE = 30 Global Const $CXSIZEFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXSMICON = 49 Global Const $CXSMSIZE = 52 Global Const $CXVIRTUALSCREEN = 78 Global Const $CXVSCROLL = 2 Global Const $CYBORDER = 6 Global Const $CYCAPTION = 4 Global Const $CYCURSOR = 14 Global Const $CYDLGFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYDOUBLECLK = 37 Global Const $CYDRAG = 69 Global Const $CYEDGE = 46 Global Const $CYFIXEDFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYFOCUSBORDER = 84 Global Const $CYFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYFULLSCREEN = 17 Global Const $CYHSCROLL = 3 Global Const $CYICON = 12 Global Const $CYICONSPACING = 39 Global Const $CYKANJIWINDOW = 18 Global Const $CYMAXIMIZED = 62 Global Const $CYMAXTRACK = 60 Global Const $CYMENU = 15 Global Const $CYMENUCHECK = 72 Global Const $CYMENUSIZE = 55 Global Const $CYMIN = 29 Global Const $CYMINIMIZED = 58 Global Const $CYMINSPACING = 48 Global Const $CYMINTRACK = 35 Global Const $CYSCREEN = 1 Global Const $CYSIZE = 31 Global Const $CYSIZEFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYSMCAPTION = 51 Global Const $CYSMICON = 50 Global Const $CYSMSIZE = 53 Global Const $CYVIRTUALSCREEN = 79 Global Const $CYVSCROLL = 20 Global Const $CYVTHUMB = 9 Global Const $DBCSENABLED = 42 Global Const $DEBUG = 22 Global Const $DIGITIZER = 94 Global Const $IMMENABLED = 82 Global Const $MAXIMUMTOUCHES = 95 Global Const $MEDIACENTER = 87 Global Const $MENUDROPALIGNMENT = 40 Global Const $MIDEASTENABLED = 74 Global Const $MOUSEPRESENT = 19 Global Const $MOUSEHORIZONTALWHEELPRESENT = 91 Global Const $MOUSEWHEELPRESENT = 75 Global Const $NETWORK = 63 Global Const $PENWINDOWS = 41 Global Const $REMOTECONTROL = 0x2001 Global Const $REMOTESESSION = 0x1000 Global Const $SAMEDISPLAYFORMAT = 81 Global Const $SECURE = 44 Global Const $SERVERR = 289 Global Const $SHOWSOUNDS = 70 Global Const $SHUTTINGDOWN = 0x2000 Global Const $SLOWMACHINE = 73 Global Const $STARTER = 88 Global Const $SWAPBUTTON = 23 Global Const $TABLETPC = 86 Global Const $XVIRTUALSCREEN = 76 Global Const $YVIRTUALSCREEN = 77  
      WinAPISystemMetricsConstants.au3
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      can someone plz explain how WinAPI work and some example script plz
    • Iznogoud
      By Iznogoud
      Hi,
      I was wondering if someone can help me to create an AutoIT script which can create a ticket in a TopDesk environment.
      The API is wel documented, but i have not enough knowlegde at this moment to get this up from the ground. If someone could help me or if i could hire / pay someone to help me with this, that would be great.
      Information about the API can be found here: https://developers.topdesk.com/
      Is there a place where i maybe can hire AutoIT professionals to help me with this?
      On freelancer.com is an option, but there are alot of people responding which doesn't know a thing about AutoIT.
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      So first things first the example in the help file for _WinApi_Enum_Windows has an error
      ;_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, Default, "#|Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Should Be _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Next is a bit of helpful info on LPCSTR in a callback function it needs  to be passed as a PTR
      DllCallbackRegister($sFUNCT, $sRETURN, "ptr") Finally on to my question
      I'd want to call EnumPropsEX and pass a string through lparam + append to it rather than declaring anything globally
      I can Come up with two ways to do this The second it a lot more code but possibly safer but the first way I think Should do
      1. From a bit of testing It seems AutoIt won't overflow a DllStruct?
      2. Are strings passed through DLL call guaranteed to be 'an ANSI string (a minimum of 65536 chars is allocated)' as the Helpfile clearly states?
      #include <Array.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $aWindows = _WinAPI_EnumWindows() Local $aResult[$aWindows[0][0]][6] For $i = 1 To $aWindows[0][0] $aResult[$i - 1][0] = "0x" & Hex($aWindows[$i][0], 8) $aResult[$i - 1][1] = $aWindows[$i][1] $aResult[$i - 1][2] = WinGetTitle($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][3] = WinGetText($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][4] = WinGetProcess($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][5] = _ArrayToString(EnumProps($aWindows[$i][0]), ", ", 1) Next _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process|Properties") EndFunc ;==>Example Func EnumProps($hWnd, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'str', "") If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error ConsoleWrite("EnumProps Error:" & $iErr & @CRLF) ElseIf $aRet[3] <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit($aRet[3], ";") EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) Return SetError($iErr, 0, $aProps) EndFunc ;==>EnumProps Func _PropEnumProcEx($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $pStr) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 ; + Null Char If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('char[65535]', $pStr) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 1, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 1) & DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) & ";") EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func EnumProps2($hWnd, $iSzBuffer = 4096, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $sProps Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') Local $tProps = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']') DllStructSetData($tProps, 1, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferSz DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferRemaining ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tProps)) If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, 0) EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) $sProps = DllStructGetData($tProps, 3) If DllStructGetData($tProps, 2) > 0 Then If $sProps <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sProps, 1), ";") EndIf Else If Not $iErr Then $iErr = 6 ;buffer overflow Return SetError($iErr, -DllStructGetData($tProps, 2), $aProps) EndIf Return $aProps EndFunc ;==>EnumProps2 Func _PropEnumProcEx2($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $ptProp) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $sRet = DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) Local $iSzBuffer = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate('int', $ptProp), 1) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']', $ptProp) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 2, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) - $iSzStr) If DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) > 0 Then DllStructSetData($tRetn, 3, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 3) & $sRet & ";") EndIf EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx2