How to access multiple System.Windows.Forms.TabControls and child controls on each TabPage window handles.

Hello All,

I request your guidance approach for the following problem.

I need to automate a desktop application which has settings window with multiple Tab Page control windows. Viz Dot.Net : System.Windows.Forms.TabControls.

On popup there will be first Tab Page and its child contols are seen on the desktop and their handles are retreivable but the second Tab Page (hidden behind) is not identifiable by the AutoIt.

I can work on the visible Tab Page window through the wise post avilable below but I can not look for the hidden Tab windows and controls unless make it visible by autromated mouse clicks identifying the coordinates (Which is a work around).

Kindly let me know the approach as you are the best of knowledgable expertise.

1. For simplification Assume Tab  Window similer to the - "LAN area connection Properties" window for understanding which has 2 tabs pages 1. Networking 2, Sharing.

2. On bringing up the LAN properties only Networking tab is visible but sharing tab is hidden behind.

3. Need is to automate a checkbox in sharing Tab Page hidden behind the Networking window with AutoIt.

Please let me know if you need more information in this regards.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Amarjeet.

amarjeetsinghmatharu@yahoo.com

References referred below:

@meoit ,
this only works for GUIs created by AutoIt.
As I understand the OP he tries to automate a third party GUI.

@AmarjeetSinghMatharu,

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

I suggest something like this:

ControlCommand("<title>", "<text>", <controlID>, "TabRight", "")

Replace the <> (including the <>) with the values of the window you try to automate.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad you got it working :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, Hello @Water

I need your inputs for the following as contiuation to the pervious discussions:

I am able to iterate through the tab controls with your given guidance If I am already reached on the first Tab window .

But If I have to first launch the application and then reach on -> Ribbon controls -> then clicking below menu items -> then opening a master Dialog window with many tab controls.

Imagin something like Excel with ribbons child controls clicking on one of ribbon opens up dialog window with inturn have sevaral tab controls to iterate.

Please suggest me the path to reach to this dialog controls.

I am able to manage now with the help of Coordinates click method which isn't a good idea.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Amarjeet.