ur

Need to find the path of exe

8 posts in this topic

I have an exe with name "erwin Data Modeler r9.7 (32-bit)_2332.exe"

THe lat 4 digits 2332 may vary and also the version number r9.7 also might vary.

So, how to write a generic expression so that the exe can be picked from the current directory {with any version (9.7 or anything) and any build number (2332 or anything)}

Thanks in Advance

Use:
StringInStr ( "string", "substring" [, casesense = 0 [, occurrence = 1 [, start = 1 [, count]]]] )

Kind Regards, Starf0x

10 minutes ago, Starf0x said:

Use:
StringInStr ( "string", "substring" [, casesense = 0 [, occurrence = 1 [, start = 1 [, count]]]] )

Kind Regards, Starf0x

But this we can find only one substring right.But the 32 number is fixed above.

I forgot to mention above, if it is 64 instead of 32 then the exe should not be picked.

Think about this, you said the last digits are different the rest is the same: " erwin Data Modeler"
So do a check to see if that piece of text exists, and then you have the filename.

I need to check one more thins whether  32-bit  or 64-bit..Can you suggest.

Got it, Thanks @Starf0x

Func GetFileList($dir)
    ; List all the files and folders in the desktop directory using the default parameters.
    Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray($dir, "*")
    If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid.")
        Exit
    EndIf
    If @error = 4 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.")
        Exit
    EndIf
    ; Display the results returned by _FileListToArray.
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aFileList, "$aFileList")

For $vElement In $aFileList
        if StringInStr($vElement, "erwin Data Modeler")>0 and StringInStr($vElement, "32-bit")>0 Then
            return $vElement
        EndIf
    Next
    return "0"

EndFunc   ;==>Example

You're welcome.
Thanks for sharing so others also have a chance for an solution.

Cheers, Starf0x

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

EX: Flash Player 24.0.0.194.exe

Local $search = FileFindFirstFile("Flash Player*.exe")
If $search = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "No files/directories matched the search pattern")
    Exit
Else
    Local $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
    $Exe = @ScriptDir & '\' & $file
    ShellExecuteWait($Exe, '-install')
    MsgBox(64, 'FlashPlayer', 'Complete!')
EndIf

This is what i use to install flash player, only the numbers after this change, so this works every time.

I guess for you you could use

FileFindFirstFile("erwin Data Modeler*.exe")

StringInStr($vElement, "32-bit")>0 Then

Edited by careca

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions.

OpenW - Open With... alternative, Open any file with any application, set it's icon, set application as default.

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.