Hi

I want to select an excel file from a folder using selenium. The file name includes the data stamp. But, only that file will be existing in the folder. How to do it please help with the code

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum,

You could use FileFindFirstFile and FileFindNextFile or _FileListToArray to get this information. Both support wildcards.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-09-14 - Version 0.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I know nothing about Selenium. But if you can give an example of a filename (including date/time stamp) this shouldn't be too hard.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-09-14 - Version 0.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Something like this:

#include <Excel.au3>

Global $sDir = "C:\Temp\" ; Folder to search
Global $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sDir & "AssignmentsList*") ; file pattern to search for
If $hSearch = -1 Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error: No files/directories matched the search pattern.")
Global $sFileName = FileFindNextFile($hSearch)
FileClose($hSearch)

Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
Global $aWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sDir & $sFileName)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It searches directory "C:\temp\" for the first file that matches "AssignmentsList" and opens this file in Excel.
Did you change "C:\temp\" to the directory where your files reside?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

yes I have changed. But, I have to use that file for selenium script, not necessary to open. My script has to refer that file for further.

Here, only the issue is the exported file name will be date specific. In order to give the file name for every time, I want to run auto IT. Am I using correct tool, please advise me.

Sample Script:

String AssignFilePath = "D:\\Functional Automation Data\\Downloaded Excel Files\\AssignmentsList_02172017.xlsx";
        FileInputStream AssignFile = new FileInputStream(AssignFilePath);

XSSFWorkbook AssignW1 = new XSSFWorkbook(AssignFile);
        XSSFSheet ADcccSheet = AssignW1.getSheet("Activity details");

Global $sDir = "C:\Temp\" ; Folder to search
Global $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sDir & "AssignmentsList*") ; file pattern to search for
If $hSearch = -1 Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error: No files/directories matched the search pattern.")
Global $sFileName = $sDir & FileFindNextFile($hSearch)In my example script variable $sFileName

Variable $sFileName holds the path of the first file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki