_Word_DocTableRead, modify, Write back

I have a Word document containing a 9-column table where row 1 is the column headers. My goal is to read the table into a 2d array, remove some rows, update some fields, and add a few rows to the end. The resulting array will likely be a different length. Next, I want to write the data back into the table. If it's easier, I can write the data to a new document from a template containing the same table header with a blank 2nd row.

Here's my early attempt:

Local $oWord = _Word_Create()
Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, $sFile)
Local $aData = _Word_DocTableRead($oDoc, 1)

$aData[3][5] = "Something else"

Local $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, 0)
$oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, $oRange, $wdCell, 9)

_Word_DocTableWrite($oRange,$aData)

This, unfortunately, writes the entire array into the first cell of row 2. What am I doing wrong?

As the new table is of different size I suggest to delete the existing one and write the new table at the same position.
This should remove the table.

$oDoc.Tables(1).Delete

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

12 hours ago, water said:

As the new table is of different siz I suggest to delete the existing one and write the new table at the same position.
This should remove the table.

There are color, font, and table width settings that I would like to keep. Would I just be better off rebuilding the table from scratch and setting these things after the fact?

If you want to keep the table then I would just add the required number of rows so the table and the array have the same number of rows and columns and then loop through the array and move each cell to the corresponding cell in the table:

$oDoc.Tables(1).Rows.Add($oDoc.Tables(1).Rows(1)) ; Adds an empty row before the first row
For $iRow = 0 to UBound($aData, 1) - 1
    For $iColumn = 0 to UBound($aData, 1) - 1
        $oDoc.Tables(1).Cell($iRow+1, $iColumn+1).Range.Text = $aData[$iRow][$iColumn]
    Next
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki