Skysnake

Outlook: a GUI to manage PST content

Posted (edited)

:)

This assumes implementation of the OutlookEX UDF.

I have PSTs which are becoming unmanageable :(

The idea is to make a simple GUI (Listview) which can combine non-Outlook data and include emails based on criteria.  Manage them in the GUI (delete / reply etc) and update to Outlook.

So the issue would be to manage the items in the GUI while using the PST as a database.

Ideas on how to do this? What would the key be?

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

What would the key be?

Each item is identified by a key property named EntryID: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/office/vba/api/outlook.mailitem.entryid

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By water
      As the OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support thread has grown too big, I'm starting a new one.
      The original thread can be found here.
    • By Reizvoller
      Howdy!
      I've been reading through the OutLookEX documentation and examples for the past two days ( VERY well documented, very clear! ) 
      https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/OutlookEX_UDF_-_General

But I've had trouble locating information on specifying what user to use. My outlook is linked to two email accounts and I can only manipulate the main account's stuff. A simple script I've been playing with is this 
      ; Include Functions #include <OutlookEX.au3> ; Connect to Outlook Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Connect to Outlook", "Error connecting to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) ;List the folders Global $aResult = _OL_FolderTree($oOutlook, "*") If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script", "Error accessing root folder. @error = " & @error) _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_FolderTree Example Script - All folders") It works like a charm but it only returns my main account's folders. 
      I really hope I didn't overlook a wiki page or help file... 
      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
      -Reiz
    • By galan2015
      Is there any solution on receiving e-mails? I would like to create a script so that I will not have to log in through the browser.