Latest Beta

Jon

Shouldn't this be the same speed of changing the color?

Global $hGUI, $red, $green, $blue, $v

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test")
GUISetState()
Do
    $red = Hex(0xFF * (Cos($v * 1.20) + 1) / 2, 2)
    $green = Hex(0xFF * (Sin($v * 1.10) + 1) / 2, 2)
    $blue = Hex(0xFF * (Sin($v * 1.00) + 1) / 2, 2)
    GUISetBkColor("0x" & $red & $green & $blue, $hGUI)
    $v += 0.1
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Run this code with stable version and compare it with latest beta.

My system: Win7 x64

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

When I run the code with stable version the colors are changing smoothly. With latest beta it is flickering.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

This is because the value has to be an integer now!?

Global $hGUI, $red, $green, $blue, $v
$hGUI = GUICreate("Test")
GUISetState()
Do
    $red = Hex(Round(0xFF * (Cos($v * 1.20) + 1) / 2), 2)
    $green = Hex(Round(0xFF * (Sin($v * 1.10) + 1) / 2), 2)
    $blue = Hex(Round(0xFF * (Sin($v * 1.00) + 1) / 2), 2)
    GUISetBkColor("0x" & $red & $green & $blue, $hGUI)
    $v += 0.1
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Hello all,

It's the first time I've tried installing a Beta version of AutoIt, so I'm not sure of the best way to notify the powers that be of a potential bug.

It seems the SQLite works fine in v3.3.6.1 x64, but not in v3.3.7.23 (beta) x64...?

I tested using the sample code in the help file:

#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

Local $sSQliteDll
$sSQliteDll = _SQLite_Startup()
If @error Then
MsgBox(16, "SQLite Error", "SQLite3.dll Can't be Loaded!")
Exit -1
EndIf
MsgBox(0, "SQLite3.dll Loaded", $sSQliteDll)
ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)
_SQLite_Shutdown()

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

-Timbo

Hmm, well I'm new to Windows 7 too - so I won't rule that out as the problem. That said, it's a clean install, just over a week old, so I don't image it's too clogged up with conflicting files and applications.

This is the console output when I run it under v3.3.6.1 x64:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3" /UserParams  
+>17:49:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.3.0    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>17:49:42 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\test.au3"  
_SQLite_LibVersion=3.6.22
+>17:49:44 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 4.621

This is the console output when I run it under v3.3.7.23 (beta) x64 (via Alt-F5):

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams  
+>17:48:18 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.3.0    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta
+>17:48:19 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.7.23):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\test.au3"  
!>17:48:22 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1
>Exit code: -1  Time: 5.238

Happy to continue using v3.3.6.1, though surely I'm not the only one seeing this, or am I...?

-Timbo

It worked for me too on 7 x64 and I have admin rights as well.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The Beta never comes with the full SQLite embedded!

So just copy SQLite.dll.au3 and SQLite.au3 from includes folder from release version to includes folder of beta version. Overwrite the existing files.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Solved! Thank you Funkey! (also to "wraithdu" and "guinness" for confirming it's a local issue)

The "SQLite.dll.au3" in the "Beta\Include" dir is only 1KB, as opposed to the 2,273KB one from the current release.

That said, it looks like the "SQLite.au3" packaged with the Beta has been updated, so I presume I should keep this one?

My apologies for shouting BUG somewhat prematurely, but does this mean "wraithdu" and "guinness" both have the SQLite DLL loaded (in @SystemDir), or they have previously copied "SQLite.dll.au3" to the Beta directory and forgot that it was required on a clean install?

I have no doubt the developers have their reasons for keeping the full "SQLite.dll.au3" out of the Beta release, but could someone enlighten me as to why? Or is it simply to keep the footprint small, I know 2MB is massive compared to the core AutoIt files.

Thanks again.

-Timbo

Yes please, prefer the beta version of SQLite.au3 it's better.

You may want to download a newer sqlite3.dll (the actual DLL file) from the repository. Pick sqlite3.dll (x86) or sqlite3_x64.dll (x64) as appropriate for your system/intent. Both are the very latest release version: 3.7.9.

Edit: The download link in the UDF is wrong.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The Beta never comes with the full SQLite embedded!

So just copy SQLite.dll.au3 and SQLite.au3 from includes folder from release version to includes folder of beta version. Overwrite the existing files.

For developers:

This major change is not documented in changelog.

I think it should be added there and also to "Script Breaking Changes in Recent Versions"

I believe the SQLite is embedded when the stable release is released.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

How about adding something like this to the SQLite.dll.au3 include by default for Beta releases?

MsgBox(16 + 262144, "AutoIt Beta - SQLite.dll.au3", "AutoIt Beta is not shipped with an embedded SQLite instance." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "If necessary use the SQLite.dll.au3 in the stable release include directory.")

OK, it was just a hunch (guess.) I did have a look at the previous revision of SQLite.dll.au3 and it seems I had to go back a little further then before to see it embedded as I presumed it was added at release. Sorry Zedna.

UDF List:

I had forgot they changed to a download model instead of embedding it. That said, the download link in the UDF works for me:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/archive/sqlite/

The only thing I can add is the default download cannot store under system32 unless you use #requireadmin.

I have an internal version which download temporary in the temp folder when system32 cannot be written perhaps somebody with accees rigth can commit for the next beta

enjoy

Downloading and running executable from temp folder is not going to happen. Forget about that.

Enough bad stuff was associated with AutoIt, this is not going to be another one. We don't want "OMG!!! My super advanced AV says AutoIt is malware, trojan, BS23viri9.34-whatever" situations. Use your head please.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Downloading and running executable from temp folder is not going to happen. Forget about that.

Enough bad stuff was associated with AutoIt, this is not going to be another one. We don't want "OMG!!! My super advanced AV says AutoIt is malware, trojan, BS23viri9.34-whatever" situations. Use your head please.

In fact that the situation to avoid 1mb overhead in the autoIt install file. I don't think Malware is related with this internal downloading when user request it.