Sign in to follow this  
Mikeman27294

Prevent listview column resize

Mikeman27294

Hey guys, I have a column in a listview which is meant to be hidden but not deleted. The reason for this, is because the listview will hold values from an inisectionread and I dont want the names of the keys to appear. Is this possible?

Thanks.

guinness

If the values are numerical then may I suggest using _GUICtrlListView_SetItemParam() & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

To hide a column, just use _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth to set the column width to 0: :graduated:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

GUICreate("ListView Set Column Width", 400, 300)
$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1|Column 2|Column 3|Column 4", 2, 2, 394, 268)
GUISetState()

; Change column 1 width
MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Column 1 Width: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnWidth($hListView, 0))
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 0, 0)
MsgBox(4160, "Information", "Column 1 Width: " & _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnWidth($hListView, 0))

; Loop until user exits
Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

To answer the question in the title, just disable the header: :)

$hGUI = GUICreate("ListView Set Column Width", 400, 300)
$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 1|Column 2|Column 3|Column 4", 2, 2, 394, 268)
GUISetState()

; Prevent resizing of columns
ControlDisable($hGUI, "", HWnd(_GUICtrlListView_GetHeader($hListView)))

; Loop until user exits
Do

And before you ask, just use ControlEnable to reenable it. ;)

All clear? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______Open Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Mikeman27294

Ah thanks. I have never heard of that ControlDisable one before. I will take a look to make sure it works with my script.

Mikeman27294

Aah... I found that I had to disable it like this:

ControlDisable($ColumnID, "", "")

Otherwise it would disabl my entire GUI.

But it has worked. Thanks.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Melba23

Mikeman27294,

Your use of ControlDisable makes no sense at all - the parameters are ("GUI title", "GUI text", "Control ID") and the command works perfectly when you use them, as my example shows. And I do not see how you can disable an entire GUI with this function! :graduated:

What is "$ColumnID"? ;)

Could you post the code you ended up with? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______Open Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Mikeman27294

Yeah that didnt work for me.

$ColumnID is a variable with the Control ID of the column. I stored it in an array and it works perfectly now, whereas when I tried exactly what you said, it disabled the entire GUI, which has a dropdown box in it to allow the user to change the data.

Anyway, it is fixed now, so thanks.

netegg

Mikeman27294,

To hide a column, just use _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth to set the column width to 0: ;)

GUICreate("ListView Set Column Width", 400, 300)
GUISetState()

; Change column 1 width
_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hListView, 0, 0)

; Loop until user exits
Do

To answer the question in the title, just disable the header: :D

$hGUI = GUICreate("ListView Set Column Width", 400, 300)
GUISetState()

; Prevent resizing of columns
ControlDisable($hGUI, "", HWnd(_GUICtrlListView_GetHeader($hListView)))

; Loop until user exits
Do

And before you ask, just use ControlEnable to reenable it. :D

All clear? :)

M23

this will disable all columns, is it possible to disable just one column (for example, the first column)?

Melba23

netegg,

That was fun! :)

Here is how you can do it:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <HeaderConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("ListView Fix Column Width", 400, 300)
$hListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column 0|Column 1|Column 2|Column 3", 2, 2, 394, 268)
GUISetState()

; Prevent resizing of a specific column (0-based)
Global $iFix_Col = 1

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "_WM_NOTIFY")

; Loop until user exits
Do

Func _WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Get details of message
    Local $tNMHEADER = DllStructCreate($tagNMHEADER, $lParam)
    ; Look for header resize code
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHEADER, "Code")
    Switch $iCode
        Case $HDN_BEGINTRACKW
            ; Now get column being resized
            Local $iCol = DllStructGetData($tNMHEADER, "Item")
            If $iCol = $iFix_Col Then
                ; Prevent resizing
                Return True
            Else
                ; Allow resizing
                Return False
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

EndFunc

All clear? ;)

M23

Spoiler

BrewManNH

That is a very slick method, I like it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Melba23

BrewManNH,

Thanks. It took a fair bit of Googling and MSDN searching but the end result was worth it. I suppose it could be improved with the cursor not changing - but I will leave that to someone else. ;)

M23

Spoiler