Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgq85

Error in GUI function script

5 posts in this topic

I have a GUI script and setup Case with Variables and then functions for each case.

The script runs fine with no errors until I add something into this one function (for a button on the GUI that when pushed, should simply launch a website).

Not sure if I need the entire code here or if someone can identify whether I'm just unable to accomplish this within a Func / EndFunc.

Syntax Check shows no errors in the script when this portion of the script is simply:

Func _OpenDIDButton()
EndFunc

But when I take that portion of the script, and add something inside of it, such as:

Func _OpenDIDButton()
#include <IE.au3>
_IECreate ( [$s_Url = "about:blank" [, $f_tryAttach = 0 [, $f_visible = 1 [, $f_wait = 1 [, $f_takeFocus = 1]]]]] )
EndFunc

Then I run Syntax Check and it reports:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\WinAPIError.au3(29,1) : ERROR: syntax error

Func

^

Is that referencing line 29, character 1?

Line 29 is in this portion:

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $GenChecklistButton
   _GenCheckListButton()
  Case $EmailMgrsButton
   _EmailMgrsButton()
  Case $DisableADButton
   _DisableADButton()
  Case $OpenDIDButton
   _OpenDIDButton()
EndSwitch
WEnd

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include "pastes" the file where the statement is, so what you are doing here is just no going to work. You can't declare a function inside of another (just like the error said). Why are you trying that anyway?

Just move the #include to the top of your script.

Edit:

Is that referencing line 29, character 1?

Something like that. Why don't you look at the two lines under that where it shows exactly where the problem is?

Func

^

It's not that hard if you think logically.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

jgq85,

The #include directive adds the code at that point in the script - so you are putting all of IE.au3 inside your function. :oops:

Just add the #include line at the top of your script and see if that solves your problem. :D

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

BTW: Your _IECreate statement is wrong. You inserted the syntax description.

Try something like:

_IECreate("www.google.com")
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2016-05-09 - Version 1.2.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks that works. I did try moving the # include to top, but had still left the wrong IECreate function (copy/paste from the reference website).

I do something beyond a few lines of code and start acting stupid.

Thanks again and SORRY!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• czardas
      Row Sum (Σ) Formula Validation
      By czardas
      Much work still needs to be done on my current project, but design concepts often benefit more from early criticism. Although there may be nothing particularly innovative about this project, user experience is everything. I would like you to look at the behaviour of the controls on this GUI. Unless you type something really awful, it allows you to finish typing the formula before testing the input. When typing into an edit control, pressing the enter key activates the okay button.
      The program itself, mainly consists of a listview control, which you can't see - just imagine it looks like a stone age version of Excel with a nice paint job, but no bells or whistles. What Row Sum (Σ) is intended to do is loop through all the rows, calculate a sum and print the output in a newly created column. The user is prompted to type a formula into the following GUI. Please try to figure it out, and break it any way you can.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Global $g_iAvailableCols = 24 ; arbitary dev variable [column count will eventually be read from a listview control] ; missing several thousand lines of code... Formula() ; caution about including columns containing empty fields in the formula ; empty fields are treated as zero ; with addition and subtraction there is never any problem ; multiplication by an empty field (or by zero) returns zero ; division by an empty field (or by zero) returns an empty field [unless - see exception] ; use of the power operator is limited to rows in which all referenced fields contain numbers ; imaginary roots of negative numbers return an empty field [unless - see exception] ; exception: infinity (or an imaginary number) to the power of zero returns a meaningless number Func FormulaSyntax() MsgBox(BitOR(64, 8192), "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ") : Syntax To Use", _ ; $MB_ICONINFORMATION, $MB_TASKMODAL " mathematical operators :" & @TAB & "+ - * / ^" & @CRLF & _ " column numbers :" & @TAB & @TAB & "c1, c2, c3 etc..." & @CRLF & _ " decimal digits :" & @TAB & @TAB & "0 to 9 and ." & @CRLF & _ " parenthesis :" & @TAB & @TAB & "( )" & @CRLF & _ " minus sign :" & @TAB & @TAB & "-1, -c2, -(c3) etc..." & @CRLF & _ " example :" & @TAB & @TAB & @TAB & "c1 +c2 -c3") EndFunc ;==> FormulaSyntax Func Formula() ; ($hParent, $idListView, $hListView) ; [missing parent window] Local $sTitle = "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ")", _ $iStyle = BitOR($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU), _ $iExStyle = BitOR($WS_EX_MDICHILD, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) Local $hChild = GUICreate($sTitle, 334 +25, 105 +1, Default + 100, Default + 100); , $iStyle, $iExStyle, $hParent) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Formula :", 8, 8, 55, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hSyntax = GUICtrlCreateButton("???", 72, 7, 40, 20) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Header :", 127, 8, 49, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hHeader = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 182, 7, 170, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 7, 33, 320 +25, 40, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCheckBox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Round to", 7, 79, 75, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hPlaces = GUICtrlCreateInput("2", 86, 79 +1, 20, 20, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_CENTER, $ES_NUMBER)) GUICtrlCreateLabel("decimal places", 114 -2, 79 +2, 92, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 210, 79 +1, 66, 20) Local $hOkay = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 285, 79 +1, 66, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $sInput = "", $aArray, $iError = 0, $iCols = $g_iAvailableCols ; $iCols = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView), _ ; >>> CHANGE THIS LATER ;$iRows = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListView), $aColOrder = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnOrderArray($hListView) Local $vTemp, $msg2, $iPlaces = '2' While 1 $msg2 = GUIGetMsg() If $msg2 = $hCancel Or $msg2 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop If $msg2 = $hSyntax Then FormulaSyntax() ContinueLoop EndIf $vTemp = GUICtrlRead($hPlaces) If $vTemp <> $iPlaces Then If $vTemp > 14 Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces, 14) $iPlaces = 14 _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) ElseIf Not $vTemp Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces ,'0') $iPlaces = '0' _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) EndIf EndIf If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) == $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_DISABLE) == $GUI_DISABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_ENABLE) ElseIf BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) <> $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_ENABLE) == $GUI_ENABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_DISABLE) EndIf $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) If $sFormula <> $sInput Then If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') Then ; spaces between components are ignored If Not ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then If @extended < 5 Then If $iError = 0 Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFA090) $iError = 1 ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf $sInput = $sFormula EndIf ; BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), $WIN_STATE_ACTIVE) = 8 If $msg2 = $hOkay Or (_IsPressed("0D") And BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), 8) = 8 And (ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit2" Or ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit1")) Then $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) ; If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') And ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then ; missing formula execution code MsgBox(0, "VALID SYNTAX", "Well done, your formula can safely be executed, but" & @CRLF & "can't find parent window.") ExitLoop Else Switch @extended Case 1 $vTemp = "The formula contains illegal characters." Case 2 $vTemp = "No such column exists." Case 3 $vTemp = "The formula contains a syntax error." Case 4 $vTemp = "The formula is missing opening parenthesis." Case 5 $vTemp = "The formula is unterminated" case 6 $vTemp = "The formula is missing closing parenthesis." EndSwitch MsgBox(262160, "uh-uh!", StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') ? $vTemp : "Please enter a formula.") While _IsPressed("0D") Sleep(50) WEnd ;$iError = 1 EndIf EndIf WEnd GUIDelete($hChild) EndFunc ; formula Func ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iMax) ; [currently requires external check that string <> ""] ; quick test for accepted characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)[^c \d\.\+\-\*/\^\(\)]') Then Return SetExtended(1, False) ; illegal characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\.\D|c[0\D]|\d\s+[\.\d]') Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax $sFormula = StringStripWS($sFormula, 8) ; strip all spaces ; split to separate formula components Local $aFormula = StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-\(|[\+\-\*/\^\(\)]|.+', 3), _ ; create array [ADDED] ==> |.+ $iLast, $sTest, $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-', _ ; valid first component $iBracket = 0, $bSyntax = False, $bNoSuch = False, $bTermination = False ; error tracking variables For $i = 0 To UBound($aFormula) -1 If Not StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], $sExpect) Then ; unexpected code sequence $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '(?i)\-?c\d+') Then ; column number $sTest = StringRegExpReplace($aFormula[$i], '(?i)[\-c]+', '') If $sTest > $iMax Or $sTest == 0 Then ; no such column exists $bNoSuch = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; operators / closing brackets ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d*\.\d*') Then ; decimal If $aFormula[$i] == '.' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-.' Then If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $bSyntax = True ; badly formated decimal ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; as above ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d+') Then ; integer $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\A[\+\-\*/\^]\z') Then ; operator $iLast = UBound($aFormula) -1 If $i = $iLast Or ($i = $iLast -1 And $aFormula[$iLast] == '-') Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == '(' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-(' Then ; opening bracket $iBracket += 1 $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == ')' Then ; closing bracket $iBracket -= 1 $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] = 'c' Or $aFormula[$i] = '-c' Then ; unterminated column number If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True Else $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf Else ; unexpected exception [this should never happen] $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If $iBracket < 0 Then ExitLoop ; closing (unopened) parenthesis error ; [formula looks okay so far] Next ; better to be a bit wordy [for clarity] If $bNoSuch Then Return SetExtended(2, False) ; no such column exists If $bSyntax Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax error If $iBracket < 0 Then Return SetExtended(4, False) ; missing opening parenthesis If $bTermination Then Return SetExtended(5, False) ; formula may not terminate with operator or c If $iBracket > 0 Then Return SetExtended(6, False) ; missing closing parenthesis ; ConsoleWrite('valid' & @LF) Return True ; formula is correct EndFunc ;==> ValidSyntax  
    • FMS
      XML search get change settings.
      By FMS
      Hello ,
      I've the following problem and hope somebody can push me in the right direction or have a good example on how to do it.
      The problem is :I want to search / select / change /check a XML setting in a XML file.
      The example XML file is as following :
      <Configuration> <Categories> <Category Name="default"> <SubCategories> <SubCategory Name="defaultsettings"> <Settings> <Setting Name="machinename" TypeName="System.String" Value="defaultname" /> <Setting Name="cpuspeed" TypeName="System.String" Value="false" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp" TypeName="System.String" Value="false" /> <Setting Name="cmpspeed_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="" /> </Settings> </SubCategory> </SubCategories> </Category> <Category Name="settings"> <SubCategories> <SubCategory Name="comp1"> <Settings> <Setting Name="machinename" TypeName="System.String" Value="comp1" /> <Setting Name="cpuspeed" TypeName="System.String" Value="true" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp" TypeName="System.String" Value="false" /> <Setting Name="cmpspeed_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="12" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="" /> </Settings> </SubCategory> <SubCategory Name="comp2"> <Settings> <Setting Name="machinename" TypeName="System.String" Value="comp2" /> <Setting Name="cpuspeed" TypeName="System.String" Value="false" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp" TypeName="System.String" Value="true" /> <Setting Name="cmpspeed_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="" /> <Setting Name="cmptemp_set" TypeName="System.String" Value="9" /> </Settings> </SubCategory> </SubCategories> </Category> </Categories> </Configuration> In this XML file I want to :
      -search if subcategory whit the name "comp3" exists
      -if exist change of setting "cpuspeed" value to false
      -if not exist make a new subcategory "comp3" whit the default settings from subcategory "default settings"
      what i have this far is :
      Func xml_test1() Dim $return[0] Local $file = @ScriptDir & "\test.xml" FileOpen($file, $FO_READ) _FileReadToArray($file,$return) FileClose($file) msg("",$return[28]) msg("",$return[29]) EndFunc func xml_test2() Local $file = @ScriptDir & "\test.xml" Local $oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM") ;~ $oXML.load("D:\___BUILDS___\___SRMT___\test.xml") $oXML.load($file) $oOther= $oXML.SelectSingleNode("//Configuration/Categories/Category/SubCategories/SubCategory/Settings/Setting") ; or //other ConsoleWrite("$oOther.text=[" & $oOther.text & "]" & @CRLF) EndFunc i know it is not enough what I'm trying to do but I'm realy stuk in what to do next.
      I've searched in the XML.udf but could not find in the examples what to do what i want to do.
      The things what i found are about <settings>false</settings> writing style of XML and not the way I've the XML.
      (or I'm reading it wrong)
      Is there somebody who can help me on mine way or has a good example script?
      Thanks in advanced

• david1337
      add/remove from txt file inside GUI
      By david1337
      Hey guys
      I need help to get further with this script

Test.txt contains lines like this:
      #Include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> Global $file = FileRead("Test.txt") GUICreate("", 800, 800, 192, 124) $control = GUICtrlCreateEdit($file, 0, 0, 400, 800, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_READONLY) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS") GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) GUICtrlSetState($control, $GUI_FOCUS) ;Makes sure that text is not highlighted by default GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd  
      Okay so is it possible to make each line become a clickable item?
      Say I want to delete Line2, then I highlight it and click a "remove" button.
      Also an "add" button would be needed to add new lines
      On Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE the changes should be saved to Test.txt (Or with a save button)

Is this possible?
      I hope you can help me :-)

• Valnurat
      Read of an AD attribute of Octet String syntax
      By Valnurat
      How do you read AD attribute: thumbnailPhoto and show the picture? It is a syntax of octet string.
      I have no code for this.
    • genius257
      Is it possible to throw an error in a ScriptControl object, via AutoIt
      By genius257
      First of all I've been searching on the forum, and while there's been done something like this with: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/141004-comobject-proxy-seamless-windows-script-control-autoitobj/
      I could not find any solution to my predicament.

Is it possible to throw an error in a ScriptControl object, via AutoIt?
      I have a script, where AutoIt calls ScriptControl:JavaScript which in turn calls AutoIt.
      However i would like to be able to make AutoIt invoke an exception within ScriptControl, if the called functionality fails.
      Here's some code for reference:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n #include-once #include "AutoitObject.au3" #include <WinAPIDiag.au3> $oJS = ObjCreate("ScriptControl") $oJS.Language = "JScript" $oJS.TimeOut = 0; A value of 0 means that the ScriptControl will monitor the execution of the script and will trigger the Timeout event if it determines that the script is hung. _AutoItObject_Startup() $oAutoIt = _AutoItObject_Create() _AutoItObject_AddMethod($oAutoIt, "Execute", "_Execute", False) $oJS.AddObject("AutoIt", $oAutoIt, True) OnAutoItExitRegister("_CleanUp") $_AutoItError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_AutoItError") Func _CleanUp() ConsoleWrite("Cleaning up..."&@CRLF) $oJS = 0 $oAutoIt = 0 _AutoItObject_Shutdown() EndFunc Func _Execute($oSelf, $sString) $vReturn = Execute($sString) If @error<>0 Then Return $oJS.Eval("throw new SyntaxError();"); Does invoke exception, but not within the try/catch Return $vReturn EndFunc Func _AutoItError($oError) $oError2 = $oJS.Error ConsoleWrite( _ "Column: " & $oError2.Column & @CRLF & _ "Description: " & $oError2.Description & @CRLF & _ "HelpContext: " & $oError2.HelpContext & @CRLF & _ "HelpFile: " & $oError2.HelpFile & @CRLF & _ "Line: " & $oError2.Line & @CRLF & _ "Number: " & $oError2.Number & @CRLF & _ "Source: " & $oError2.Source & @CRLF & _ "Text: " & $oError2.Text & @CRLF _ ) $oError2.Clear() EndFunc $oJS.Eval("(function(){"& _ "try{"& _ "AutoIt.Execute('MsgBox(0,\'\', \'a\')');"& _ "AutoIt.Execute('a.b');/*error should occur here*/"& _ "AutoIt.Execute('MsgBox(0,\'\', \'b\')');"& _ "}catch(e){"& _ "AutoIt.Execute('ConsoleWrite(\'Error\'&@CRLF)');"& _ "}"& _ "})()")