Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgq85

Error in GUI function script

5 posts in this topic

I have a GUI script and setup Case with Variables and then functions for each case.

The script runs fine with no errors until I add something into this one function (for a button on the GUI that when pushed, should simply launch a website).

Not sure if I need the entire code here or if someone can identify whether I'm just unable to accomplish this within a Func / EndFunc.

Syntax Check shows no errors in the script when this portion of the script is simply:

Func _OpenDIDButton()
EndFunc

But when I take that portion of the script, and add something inside of it, such as:

Func _OpenDIDButton()
#include <IE.au3>
_IECreate ( [$s_Url = "about:blank" [, $f_tryAttach = 0 [, $f_visible = 1 [, $f_wait = 1 [, $f_takeFocus = 1]]]]] )
EndFunc

Then I run Syntax Check and it reports:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\WinAPIError.au3(29,1) : ERROR: syntax error

Func

^

Is that referencing line 29, character 1?

Line 29 is in this portion:

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
  Case $GenChecklistButton
   _GenCheckListButton()
  Case $EmailMgrsButton
   _EmailMgrsButton()
  Case $DisableADButton
   _DisableADButton()
  Case $OpenDIDButton
   _OpenDIDButton()
EndSwitch
WEnd

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

#include "pastes" the file where the statement is, so what you are doing here is just no going to work. You can't declare a function inside of another (just like the error said). Why are you trying that anyway?

Just move the #include to the top of your script.

Edit:

Is that referencing line 29, character 1?

Something like that. Why don't you look at the two lines under that where it shows exactly where the problem is?

Func

^

It's not that hard if you think logically.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

jgq85,

The #include directive adds the code at that point in the script - so you are putting all of IE.au3 inside your function. :oops:

Just add the #include line at the top of your script and see if that solves your problem. :D

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

BTW: Your _IECreate statement is wrong. You inserted the syntax description.

Try something like:

_IECreate("www.google.com")
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks that works. I did try moving the # include to top, but had still left the wrong IECreate function (copy/paste from the reference website).

I do something beyond a few lines of code and start acting stupid.

Thanks again and SORRY!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• boltonebob
      Duplicate function name
      By boltonebob
      Could someone please explain to me how you can use Func_SearchLastState more than once in the same script.
      My situation is I am trying to use it in the same script under different case scenarios:
      e.g.
      Case 1
      Func_SearchLastState($sMachine)
      Case 2
      Func_SearchLastState($sLaptop)

Even though these are under different case scenarios the Func_SearchLastState is getting picked up as a duplicate function name.
      How can I use this function more than one in my script without getting the error?
    • OldGuyWalking
      Dummy Control Not Triggering
      By OldGuyWalking
      I wanted a quick way to identify screen coordinates and created a simple form.  I also wanted to collect the information. Goal was to move the mouse to different locations, hit a key combination and have the program  collect info for that position and write it to a file.
      I couldn't use a button on the form and HotKeys was not recommended (according to some posts I'd read on here).
      I discovered GUIAccelerators but I'm stuck on what triggers the accelerator key.  I've looked at the help file for GUISetAccelerators which references GUICtrlCreateDummy and used the code from both of those.  I'm not getting any errors and everything seems to run okay except when I press Ctrl + [F3] nothing is captured. 
      This is a work in progress so there's extra code that I haven't cleaned up yet.
      Any help would be appreciated. 
      Bill
      ; Displays the Window Handle, Window Text, Control Handle, and mouse position. #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Show screen coordinates. #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Show screen coordinates. #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.0.0.1 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiButton.au3> Global $Debug = 0 Dim $sWinTitle Dim $sWinText Dim $sWinHnd Dim $sWinCtrlRef Dim $sWinCtrlText Dim $sWinCtrlHnd Dim $aPos Dim $mPos Dim $sMousePos Dim $sControlPos Dim $iFile Dim $sFileLogName = @WorkingDir & "\WinfoFile" & @YDAY & ".log" Dim $sReport ; HotKeySet("!{Esc}", "Terminate") ; HotKeySet("!{F3}", "WriteLogFile") #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=F:\AutoIT Apps\Misc Mini Utilities\Coordinates\Coordinates.kxf Global $Coordinates = GUICreate("Coordinates", 340, 225, 1, 750, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) Global $lblXPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("XPos:", 7, 16, 39, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $XPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("XPos", 95, 16, 36, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $lblYPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("YPos:", 7, 34, 40, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $YPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("YPos", 95, 34, 37, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $lblWinTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Window Title:", 7, 61, 84, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $WinTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("WinTitle", 95, 61, 250, 20) Global $lblHandle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Handle:", 7, 78, 51, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $WinHandle = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Win Handle", 95, 78, 100, 20) Global $lblCtrlID = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Control ID:", 7, 104, 65, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $ControlID = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ControlID", 95, 104, 100, 20) Global $lblCtrlText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Control Text:", 7, 125, 78, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $ControlText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Control Text", 95, 125, 120, 20) Global $lblCtrlPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Control Pos:", 7, 144, 76, 20, $SS_RIGHT) Global $ControlPos = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Control Pos", 95, 144, 73, 20) Global $btnExit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 8, 192, 75, 25) Global $sKey1 = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; Set GUIAccelerators for the button controlID Ctrl + [F3] Global $aAccelKeys[1][2] = [["^{F3}", $sKey1]] GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $nMsg <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("GUIGetMsg = " & $nMsg & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$sKey1 = " & $sKey1 & @CRLF) EndIf Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE If $nMsg <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Event Close = " & $nMsg & @CRLF) EndIf Exit Case $btnExit If $nMsg <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Terminate = " & $nMsg & @CRLF) EndIf Terminate() Case $sKey1 If $nMsg <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Report = " & $nMsg & @CRLF) EndIf $iFile = FileOpen($sFileLogName, 1) If $iFile = -1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to Open WinfoFile") EndIf $sWinTitle = WinGetTitle("", "") $sWinText = WinGetText($sWinTitle) $sWinHnd = WinGetHandle($sWinTitle) $sWinCtrlRef = ControlGetFocus($sWinHnd) $sWinCtrlText = ControlGetText($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $sWinCtrlHnd = ControlGetHandle($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) ControlFocus($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $aPos = ControlGetPos($sWinCtrlHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $mPos = MouseGetPos() If IsString($sWinText) Then GUICtrlSetData($WinTitle, $sWinTitle) Else GUICtrlSetData($WinTitle, "") EndIf If IsHWnd($sWinHnd) Then GUICtrlSetData($WinHandle, $sWinHnd) Else GUICtrlSetData($WinHandle, "") EndIf GUICtrlSetData($ControlID, $sWinCtrlRef) GUICtrlSetData($ControlText, $sWinCtrlText) If IsArray($aPos) Then GUICtrlSetData($ControlPos, $aPos[0] & "," & $aPos[1]) $sControlPos = $aPos[0] & "," & $aPos[1] Else GUICtrlSetData($ControlPos, "") $sControlPos = "" EndIf If IsArray($mPos) Then GUICtrlSetData($XPos, $mPos[0]) GUICtrlSetData($YPos, $mPos[1]) $sMousePos = $mPos[0] & "," & $mPos[1] Else GUICtrlSetData($XPos, "") GUICtrlSetData($YPos, "") $sMousePos = "" EndIf $sReport = $sReport & "Window Title : " & $sWinTitle & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Window Text : " & $sWinText & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Window Handle : " & $sWinHnd & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Refer : " & $sWinCtrlRef & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Text : " & $sWinCtrlText & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Handle : " & $sWinCtrlHnd & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Position : " & $sControlPos & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Mouse Position : " & $sMousePos & @CRLF If $Debug = 1 Then ConsoleWrite($sReport & @CRLF) EndIf FileWriteLine($iFile, "=====================================================") FileWriteLine($iFile, $sReport) FileWriteLine($iFile, "=====================================================") FileClose($iFile) If @error = -1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Failed") Else MsgBox(0, "Report", "Report Completed") EndIf EndSwitch $sWinTitle = WinGetTitle("", "") $sWinText = WinGetText($sWinTitle) $sWinHnd = WinGetHandle($sWinTitle) $sWinCtrlRef = ControlGetFocus($sWinHnd) $sWinCtrlText = ControlGetText($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $sWinCtrlHnd = ControlGetHandle($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) ControlFocus($sWinHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $aPos = ControlGetPos($sWinCtrlHnd, "", $sWinCtrlRef) $mPos = MouseGetPos() If IsString($sWinText) Then GUICtrlSetData($WinTitle, $sWinTitle) Else GUICtrlSetData($WinTitle, "") EndIf If IsHWnd($sWinHnd) Then GUICtrlSetData($WinHandle, $sWinHnd) Else GUICtrlSetData($WinHandle, "") EndIf GUICtrlSetData($ControlID, $sWinCtrlRef) GUICtrlSetData($ControlText, $sWinCtrlText) If IsArray($aPos) Then GUICtrlSetData($ControlPos, $aPos[0] & "," & $aPos[1]) $sControlPos = $aPos[0] & "," & $aPos[1] Else GUICtrlSetData($ControlPos, "") $sControlPos = "" EndIf If IsArray($mPos) Then GUICtrlSetData($XPos, $mPos[0]) GUICtrlSetData($YPos, $mPos[1]) $sMousePos = $mPos[0] & "," & $mPos[1] Else GUICtrlSetData($XPos, "") GUICtrlSetData($YPos, "") $sMousePos = "" EndIf ;Sleep(500) WEnd Func WriteLogFile() Local $iFile Local $sFileLogName Local $sReport $sFileLogName = @WorkingDir & "\WinfoFile" & @YDAY & ".log" $iFile = FileOpen($sFileLogName, 1) If $iFile = -1 Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to Open WinfoFile") Return -1 EndIf $sReport = $sReport & "Window Title : " & $sWinTitle & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Window Text : " & $sWinText & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Window Handle : " & $sWinHnd & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Refer : " & $sWinCtrlRef & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Text : " & $sWinCtrlText & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Handle : " & $sWinCtrlHnd & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Control Position : " & $aPos[0] & "," & $aPos[1] & @CRLF $sReport = $sReport & "Mouse Position : " & $mPos[0] & "," & $mPos[1] & @CRLF FileWriteLine($iFile, "=====================================================") FileWriteLine($iFile, $sReport) FileWriteLine($iFile, "=====================================================") FileClose($iFile) MsgBox(0, "Report", "Report Completed") Return EndFunc ;==>WriteLogFile ;====================================================================================== ; Function: Terminate Hot Key = Alt+Esc ;====================================================================================== Func Terminate() ; Hot Key = Alt+Esc GUIDelete($Coordinates) Exit 0 EndFunc ;==>Terminate  
    • cookiemonster
      Loading window not closing and not staying on top of main window
      By cookiemonster
      Hi,
      I have a main window with one button, when i press that button it brings up a loading screen, but I have two problems with the loading screen at the moment:
      1) Once I have pressed the button, if i open something else full screen over this autoit project (eg: chrome), then on my task bar click on the autoit project to bring it up to the front, the loading screen does not stay on top of the main window, I tried using $WS_EX_TOPMOST but this makes the loading screen stay on top of all windows, I only want it to stay on top of $Main (my main window GUI)
      2) Once the loading screen has been updated to 100%, it should sleep for a further two seconds then close, but at the moment after that 2 seconds, it goes back down to 25% instead of $LoadingWindow being deleted.
      Has anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> $Main = GUICreate("Main Window", 600, 480, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) Global $button_Load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Loading Screen", 484, 98, 89, 20, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlCreateTab(8, 16, 585, 424) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Settings") GUICtrlCreateGroup("Settings", 16, 50, 569, 380) GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL) Func Load() WinSetState($Main, "", @SW_DISABLE) LoadingScreen("Loading @ 25%") GUICtrlSetData($LoadingPercent, 25) sleep(2000) LoadingScreen("Loading @ 100%") GUICtrlSetData($LoadingPercent, 100) sleep(2000) GUIDelete($LoadingWindow) WinSetState($Main, "", @SW_ENABLE) EndFunc Func LoadingScreen($LoadingText) ;Creates a Splash Text Screen with a progress bar. Global $LoadingWindow = GUICreate("", 500, 184, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_BORDER), BitOR($WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)) Global $LoadingPercent = GUICtrlCreateProgress(18, 144, 461, 25, $PBS_SMOOTH) GUICtrlCreateLabel($LoadingText, 2, 44, 494, 88, $SS_CENTER) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 15, 800, 0, "Calibra", $CLEARTYPE_QUALITY) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) EndFunc While (1) $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $button_Load Load() EndSwitch WEnd  
    • newcoding
      Generating Unique Combinations From Fixed Data
      By newcoding
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sku_array[0] ;13640 Local $name_array[0] ;13640 Local $sku_string Local $name = "Name Here"; hardcoded, iterate through final list Local $name_sku = "E001" ; hardcoded, iterate through final list For $size = 0 to 3 Step 1 For $mg = 0 to 30 Step 1 For $b = 0 to 1 Step 1 For $menthol = 0 to 4 Step 1 For $vg = 0 to 10 Step 1 $sku_string = String($name_sku & $size & $mg & $b & $menthol & $vg) _ArrayAdd($sku_array, $sku_string) _ArrayAdd($name_array, $name) Next Next Next Next Next ;_ArrayDisplay($name_sku_array, "Array Data:") Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Local $sWorkbook = @ScriptDir & "\FURLS_TRLM_Product_Listing_Eliquid.xls" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook, Default, Default, True) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $sku_array, "B2:B13641") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $name_array, "J2:J13641") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $name_array, "A2:A13641") ;A2 or Column 1 - $name_string ;B2 or Column 2 - $sku_string ;J2 or Column 10 - $name_string So I am trying to generate every unique combination using 1 value from each set and then place each generated value into an array and then write to an excel sheet.
      Edit: Functional Code, F#CK THE FDA!

I have the following data sets:
      Size: 10, 30, 50, 100
      MG: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30  (shortened in the above code for time constraints while testing)
      VG: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
      Boost: 0,1
      Menthol: 0,1,2,3,4
    • afallenhope
      AutoitExe not working on Win 10
      By afallenhope
      Hello all! 
      I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 
      The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
      AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.
      When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 
      Any advice is appreciated 
      Thanks,
      Richard