Latest Beta

Valik

...Oh, and relax. I'm just fucking with you.

Great hard sex - long time not did... ;)

The result of that turned to be completely the opposite. How about that.

I did not have the backward compatibility in mind which makes more sense than bad code... and sex...

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm on edge here.

I know you guys are over at the secret MVP forum having your insider conversations about the latest version.

What's new? What have you guys been doing with AutoIt lately?

Edit: Typos...

Edited by ApudAngelorum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all -- I just downloaded and installed the Beta to get access to Null keyword as I have to have it for a com function call. Now, in my script, Null is in the Scite autofill list, and it highlights itself as a keyword, both new changes that lead me to believe it is properly implemented. It is in the changle log and the help file for Autoit now as well. But, lo and behold, when I try to run my script, immediate syntax error. I have even tried to make it as simple as possible with this...

Global Const $Nothing = Null

and even that line, at the very top of my script, gets instant syntax error. I really need to get this going, and the null problem is my only issue... any help would be very greatly appreciated.

By the way, I also tried this workaround before going to the beta...

Global $oVBS = ObjCreate("ScriptControl")

$oVBS.language = "VBScript"

Global Const $Nothing = $oVBS.eval("Nothing")

$oVBS = $Nothing

That did not work for me either.

Hope someone has a great idea... I am off to feed my face. Thanx.

David

• 6 months later...

If you declare the first instance of $test as a Local or Global variable, you get the same error message in 3.3.9.5.

Global $test = StringMid(test(), 2)
;  ^ this will cause an error in 3.3.9.5, but works fine in 3.3.8.1
Func test()
    Local $test = "test"
    Return $test
EndFunc

BTW, it passes Au3Check in both forms, with and without the scope declaration.

This works for me in both the stable and beta/alpha release.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

This does not work for me in 3.3.9.5 too

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3=G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta.3.3.9.5\autoit3.exe

ConsoleWrite($test&@lf)

Func test()
    Local $test = "test"
    Return $test
EndFunc

>"G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "O:\Data\AutoIt\try.au3" /UserParams    
+>15:38:03 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33    Environment(Language:0407  Keyboard:00000407  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running:(3.3.9.5):G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta.3.3.9.5\autoit3.exe "O:\Data\AutoIt\try.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
"O:\Data\AutoIt\try.au3" (4) : ==> Variable cannot be accessed in this manner.:
Global $test = StringMid(test^ ERROR
->15:38:03 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.131

But it works for me in 3.3.8.1

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=n
;  no alpha #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3=G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta.3.3.9.5\autoit3.exe

ConsoleWrite($test&@lf)

Func test()
    Local $test = "test"
    Return $test
EndFunc

>"G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "O:\Data\AutoIt\try.au3" /UserParams    
+>15:42:58 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.33    Environment(Language:0407  Keyboard:00000407  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running:(3.3.8.1):G:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "O:\Data\AutoIt\try.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
est
+>15:42:58 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.252

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Anyway using "AutoIt-like Hungarian Notation" should stop problems like this, where the variable name (minus $) is similar to a function in the script.

#include <Constants.au3>

Local sSomeFunc = SomeFunc()
sSomeFunc = StringMid(sSomeFunc, 2)

MsgBox(MB_SYSTEMMODAL, @AutoItVersion, sSomeFunc)

Func SomeFunc()
    Local sSomeFunc = 'SomeFunc'
    Return sSomeFunc
EndFunc   ;==>SomeFunc

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Anyway using "AutoIt-like Hungarian Notation" should stop problems like this, where the variable name (minus $) is similar to a function in the script.

Only if it's used, and won't apply to older scripts, The users are going to need to be made aware of things like this and how to prevent them. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of older scripts that won't work just because of variable names, when they worked fine before.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Well for me, even if you subsitute sSomeFunc variables for $SomeFunc it still worked in the aplha/beta version (v3.3.9.4 & v3.3.9.5), so I have no idea what Exit's issue was. Maybe you can confirm.

It's been made clear by the Devs that $ is optional (though I will remove it) and most scripts will still work.

UDF List:

For some reason Exit's code is working for me on 3.3.9.5 now, but I was getting the same error message back in May of last year, see post 157 in this thread. Not sure what verison of Windows I was running it on at the time, but on this computer (Vista x86) it doesn't cause an error.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A pity I missed the initial post back when I did.

I'm enjoying ternary in this beta and before anyone says it's not working, check the examples below.

#include <Constants.au3>

Local Const AGE_TO_DRIVE = 18
Local iAge = 22

; Bad.
MsgBox(MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', iAge >= AGE_TO_DRIVE ? 'You''re legal to drive.' : 'You''re not legal to drive.')

; Good - encase the exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n you're evaluating in parenthesis.
MsgBox(MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', (iAge>= AGE_TO_DRIVE) ? 'You''re legal to drive.' : 'You''re not legal to drive.')

OR

#include <Constants.au3>

Local Const AGE_TO_DRIVE = 18
Local iAge = 22

Local Const fTrue = iAge >= AGE_TO_DRIVE

; Or evaluate the exp<b></b>ressi&#111;n before.
MsgBox(MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', fTrue ? 'You''re legal to drive.' : 'You''re not legal to drive.')

Edit: The Forum is being difficult again.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: