Sign in to follow this  
Scriptmaster

Split Words

Scriptmaster

Hey GUIs

Sozz i cant share my script but is is secret!

OK I have an

$input = inputbox("script", "type something", "Here")

lets say you type 'hello'

I want separate things to happen to different characters ie turn them into separate variables.

I dont think that makes sense so I will put it into an example!

$words = inputbox("Word", "Enter some text ", "")
;some scripts turn $words to $letter_1 and $letter_2 and so on...
msgbox(4096, "Word", "letter 1 was" & $letter_1)
msgbox(4096, "Word", "letter 2 was" & $letter_2)
;And so on...
;But i need the $letter_? bit to use for my script
;so no msgbox

Cheerz

Edited by Scriptmaster

shutdown(1)

rosaz

How about StringMid?

$letter_1 = StringMid($words, 1, 1)
$letter_2 = StringMid($words, 2, 1)

water

Why do you need variables named like that in your script?

Couldn't you just do a StringSplit and then use the resulting array?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

kylomas

Scriptmaster,

See stringsplit with no split delimiter in the help file (...hmm, musing on how names are chosen...)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Scriptmaster

That works great thanks I will share the script when done!

shutdown(1)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Lisuter
      By Lisuter
      Hello...

How i can write data from txt to +3 Input?
      Example:
      In txt i have:
      Michael XYZ, 21, Boston
      Olex Marshal, 17, Boston
      Alex XYZ, 19, Boston

And now i want load that data to input in autoit. 

Name          y.o          city
      [ Input1]  [Input2] [Input3]
      [ Input4]  [Input5] [Input6]
      [ Input7]  [Input8] [Input9]

After load should be:
      Name               y.o            city
      [Michael XYZ]      [21]     [Boston]
      [ Olex Marshal]  [17]      [Boston]
      [ Alex XYZ]           [19]      [Boston]

FileOpen("Test.txt",0)                          $aas = GUICtrlSetData($Input1, FileReadLine("Test.txt",1))             FileClose("Test.txt") But its wrong. ofcourse its load all to input 1. So now how do you load this data directly into each input separately? The comma stop sign is here. Each line is a new person
    • vin1
      By vin1
      i need a script that can replace words in text with other words from a words list
      it has to have 2 edit boxes input/output and a button "run"
      from word_list.txt it choses which word to replace with. words are separated with commas for multiple choice

; AutoIt GUI Example ; Created: 17/01/2005 - CyberSlug ; Modifed: 05/12/2011 - guinness ; Modifed: 09/06/2014 - mLipok #Region INCLUDE #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #EndRegion INCLUDE #Region GUI GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 420) GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0) #EndRegion GUI #Region EDIT GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 10, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT #Region EDIT2 GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 185, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT2 #Region BUTTON GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 360, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON') #EndRegion BUTTON #Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() #EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP  
    • oceanwind
      By oceanwind
      Hi All:
       How to set the input border color?
      tks in advance
    • Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys this is my gui and i need the numeric value typed in the highlighted  inputbox. if this value is greater than 1 i need to perform some operations
      \

Here is the summary about that field which i got from wininfo tool

i tried writing the code as shown below.. but the msgbox is popping up empty value..when the same code is pasted under some button action i am able to access the value present in the field..but when placed alone as written in the attached script i am unable to fetch it... 

here i am using the valu present in the field

can you guys tell me what's wrong??? or how can i get that value?

My_GUI.au3

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Hey,
      i would like to set a value into an INPUT field.
      Checked the _IEFormElementSetValue function but that does require _IEFormGetObjByName and this is where the problem comes in. The input field I want to write to is not a part of a form tag. It is part of a table.
      <input type="text" class="w2" id="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" name="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" onchange="GLOBAL.pocetInzerceNZ(&quot;nabidka_vozidel_formular&quot;,&quot;tach_od&quot;,&quot;&quot;);" autocomplete="off"> I tried this but that didn't work:
      $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od") _IEFormElementSetValue($oDownloadSamples, "123") If you want to try the site I'm working with is https://www.tipcars.cz/. There is a menu on the top left hand side and if you click the "vyhledat" button the input fields will show up.
      Thanks