Sign in to follow this  
water

Enhance AutoIts Word UDF

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use AutoIts Word UDF?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you use the $b_takeFocus parameter of function _WordCreate?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you use function _WordAttach to attach to an already opened document?

• Yes
    • No

water

I'm about to enhance the Word UDF included with AutoIt.

To do this as efficient as possible I need some information.

If you like to get the Word UDF enhanced please answer the questions in the attached poll.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

iamtheky

The poll will be a bit skewed as 100% of the people who select no for the first item, will probably select no for the last two...

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

water

I know. But I just want to get an idea how many people actually use the Word UDF. So we can make a decision if script breaking changes are ok or not.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

StaticTank

Is there a way to merge a document to a file? If not I would love to see that functionalist. I have been trying to make that work for a while now.

JohnOne

You see, because of the first post

If you like to get the Word UDF enhanced please answer the questions in the attached poll.

I never even answered, I don't see the point, but some people still did vote even though they don't use it. ;)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

water

Is there a way to merge a document to a file? If not I would love to see that functionalist. I have been trying to make that work for a while now.

Haven't done it myself (yet) but should be possible.

I will have to dig into the subject, maybe a mailmerge function can be added to the UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

What do you think of an

• enhanced search function (you can loop through the hits and do whatever needs to be done)
  • Array to table function (something like _ExcelWriteArray)
  • Table to array function (something like _ExcelReadArray)
Something else needed?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone

I was playing a little bit with "Screen Capture" UDF, and I was trying to make a "Window" capture, but, since I made a GUI which through I fire the event "Capture", my GUI is captured as well, and I don't want to
      This is the line of code that makes the capture:

_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($strScreenCaptureFileName, $objActiveWindow, 0, 0, -1, -1, False) And these are the lines of code which select the "active" window:

Local $objCurrentWindow = 9999 If _IsPressed("01") Then $objCurrentWindow = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") If $objCurrentWindow <> $objMyGUI Then $objActiveWindow = $objCurrentWindow EndIf EndIf Sorry If I made stupid mistakes
      Thanks in advance.

Francesco
    • Benandro
      By Benandro
      Hello,
      im working on a Script that should change a high amount of Word Templates at once.
      Target is to open each Templatefile (.dotx) in a specific folder and do the following steps:
      Add a page break at the end of the document (works) Add a text on the created Page (works) Change the headerstyle to blank for the new page and the following (missing) Add a heading between two specific headings (missing) Can please someone help me to add the 2 functions to the script?

#include <word.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <array.au3> ; wdGoToDirection Const $wdGoToNext = 2 ; wdGoToItem Const $wdGoToPage = 1 ; Created a logfile for tracking/error reporting on my local desktop, though anywhere would work. Needs to be changed or it will error. Global $LogFile = FileOpen("c:\logfiles\test.log", 1) ; This is the network path, change it or this will error as it is. ListFiles ("D:\Templates\") Global $loopend=$aFileList[0] ; Creates an instance of Word for the program to use. Logs any errors associated. Global $oWord = _Word_Create(False, False) If @error <> 0 Then Exit _FileWriteLog($LogFile, "Error creating a new Word application object. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended & @crlf) If @extended = 1 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "MS Word was not running when _Word_Create was called." & @CRLF) Else _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "MS Word was already running when _Word_Create was called." & @CRLF) EndIf ; Logs and begins loop _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Beginning Loop." & @CRLF) For $looper = 1 to $loopend Step +1 _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Modifying file: " & $aFileList[$looper], " ") OpenAndModify ("D:\Templates\" & $aFileList[$looper]) Next ; Closes instance of Word _Word_Quit ($oWord) _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Program Completed.") ; Begins Function section ; Two functions, Listfiles and OpenAndModify Func ListFiles($FolderPath) ; Function puts all files in the network folder into an array. Logs any errors. _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Getting File Information for: " & $FolderPath & @crlf) Global $aFileList = _FileListToArray($FolderPath, "*") If @error = 1 Then _FileWriteLog($LogFile, "Path was invalid." & @crlf) EndIf If @error = 4 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "No file(s) were found." & @crlf) EndIf EndFunc Func OpenAndModify ($sDocument) ; Function opens file and changes the Page Setup ; Opens the Document Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen ($oWord, $sDocument, Default, Default, Default) If @error <> 0 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Error opening " & $sDocument & " @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended & @crlf) & Exit ; Changes Tray Settings ;$oDoc.PageSetup.FirstPageTray = 0 ;$oDoc.PageSetup.OtherPagesTray = 0 ; Add a link to the end of the document and set parameters ; ScreenTip and TextToDisplay Local $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -2); Go to end of document $oRange.InsertBreak($wdPageBreak) ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocRangeSet Example", "Inserted a break.") $oRange.Text = "«Text»" ; Add a space at the end of the document $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -2) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocLinkAdd Example", _ "Error adding a link to the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocLinkAdd Example", "Baustein wurde an das Ende des Dokuments eingefügt.") ; Saves the document _Word_DocSave($oDoc) _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Modification of" & $sDocument & " complete." & @CRLF) EndFunc  
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I am playing with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. How can i change this button's (or the entire form's) font ?. The in-built GUICtrlSetFont function is not working even when i convert the control handle to control ID with _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID ( ) function.  Do i need to use CreateFont api finction and send WM_SETFONT message ? Or is there any other easy and safe ways to do this ?. Thanks in advance.
      Note : This window is created by CreateWindowEx function, not by GUICreate function. 
    • okolaris
      By okolaris
      Hey everyone,
      I thought I might share my little Language UDF plus the more powerful SciTE Tool to ship Strings from SciTE into the xml file. While I haven't had the time to fully adapt the small UDF to one of the big XML-UDFs the so called "Language Transmitter" that basically writes the XML file for you runs mostly on "XML DOM wrapper (COM)" by eltorro. The Transmitter should work with other XML-Language-UDFs depending on their encoding.

First let's start with the UDF, there are two functions of interest: _LangInit($sFilePath) and s($sString) As you will have guessed, _LangInit($sFilePath) is called once to initialize the UDF and s($sString) is used to receive the string to your key. Plain and simple.
      Now to the actual "new" part, the Language Transmitter. It basically allows you to transfer a selected String from SciTE into a xml file. While doing so it will scan for AutoIt variables, macros etc. and parse the string to fit StringFormat(). It then saves the formatted string in the xml file and returns the formatted call into SciTE. If the selected string is already defined it will directly parse the key into SciTE. To change the default output file, you can either edit the ini-file in the @ScriptDir of the LanguageTransmitter.exe or press Alt+A on empty space again and keep clicking cancel/no until the Transmitter let's you select the current output file. Standard output is strings.xml in the current opened AutoIt Script.
      Example:
      ; given the line: MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Error message') ; select 'Error' run the Transmitter follow the instructions, repeat with 'Error message'. Outcome (e.g.): MsgBox(16, s('Error'), s('Error_msg')) ; Variables and Macro example: $sString = "Value: " & $iValue & @CRLF & 'Another value: '& $iValue2 ; Select the full string including all AutoIt variables and macros etc. in SciTE and press Alt+A (default) to run the LanguageTransmitter ; follow the instructions and it will then paste a formatted string like that into SciTE: $sVar = StringFormat(s('Key'), $iValue, $iValue2) ; the correlating xml entry should look like that: ; <string name="Key">Value: %s\r\nAnother value: %s</string> ; as you can see @CRLF has been replaced with \r\n as well. If you are working on a project and want to directly add a string to the xml file just start the Language Transmitter without selecting any text, enter your string and a key.
      SetUp/Installation
      Examples
      Since xml files are required all examples can be found in the zip file. There are two examples, one includes a language selection interface.
      Language File Checker
      I added a script to check whether the xml file contains all required strings or even unnecessary strings.

Hope you like my little helper!

UDF - LanguageSupport.zip
    • Neonovaz
      By Neonovaz
      Hello

Is there anyway to store word documents in Autoit GUI? For example I have a instruction sheet that I want to bundle up with the exe.

So a user simply clicks the icon and the stored document will launch  (Something like how you can add objects like excel sheets in word documents )

(I Know we can launch word files from script directory)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.