Sign in to follow this  
water

Enhance AutoIts Word UDF

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use AutoIts Word UDF?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you use the $b_takeFocus parameter of function _WordCreate?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you use function _WordAttach to attach to an already opened document?

• Yes
    • No

water

I'm about to enhance the Word UDF included with AutoIt.

To do this as efficient as possible I need some information.

If you like to get the Word UDF enhanced please answer the questions in the attached poll.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

iamtheky

The poll will be a bit skewed as 100% of the people who select no for the first item, will probably select no for the last two...

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

water

I know. But I just want to get an idea how many people actually use the Word UDF. So we can make a decision if script breaking changes are ok or not.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

StaticTank

Is there a way to merge a document to a file? If not I would love to see that functionalist. I have been trying to make that work for a while now.

JohnOne

You see, because of the first post

If you like to get the Word UDF enhanced please answer the questions in the attached poll.

I never even answered, I don't see the point, but some people still did vote even though they don't use it. ;)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

water

Is there a way to merge a document to a file? If not I would love to see that functionalist. I have been trying to make that work for a while now.

Haven't done it myself (yet) but should be possible.

I will have to dig into the subject, maybe a mailmerge function can be added to the UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

What do you think of an

• enhanced search function (you can loop through the hits and do whatever needs to be done)
  • Array to table function (something like _ExcelWriteArray)
  • Table to array function (something like _ExcelReadArray)
Something else needed?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki