Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JScript

DropBoxControl.au3 - Pause/Resume Syncing!

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

I present to you a way to automate DropBox, at least syncing...

Sample:

Posted Image

Donwload:

DropBoxControl_(RedirectLink).html

Usage:

Ctrl + Q to exit.

Ctrl + Pause to Pause/Resume DropBox!

It can also use the following:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before="%scitedir%DropBoxControl.exe" /Pause
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After="%scitedir%DropBoxControl.exe" /Resume
Just copy the executable into the folder of the editor!

I hope you enjoy!

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript
1 person likes this

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

The program is working normal here...

Do the following:

1 - Let the DropBox syncing normally;

2 - Run the DropBoxControl;

3 - Use the keys to pause

4 - Copy or create a new file;

5 - Now use the keys to resume;

6 - You will notice that Dropbox adds new file in the clouds!

I did several other tests and they all worked!

Edit: I looked at the event (https://www.dropbox.com/events) and I could prove it's working!

JS

Edited by JScript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

I'm not in a position to test right now, but it could be down to the locale perhaps? This is just 'a throwing it out there' guess.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Hi,

If I create a cmd file using the /pause and /resume switches, I can pause or resume Dropbox by running the cmd file, but if I then try to schedule these cmd files with Task Scheduler although the Scheduler reports that the task completed. Dropbox is not paused or resumed.

The same behaviour occurs if I start DropBoxControl.exe with either switch.

OS is Windows 7

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• robcull
      By robcull
      Hello all! I have had some issues reading text from different types of windows, occasionally, specifically with controlgettext. 
      **Before I begin, I know there are better ways to do what I attempt in the example below. That's not the point of this post. The point is my issues with controlgettext. 
      I am about to cite an example with an application you may be familiar with called SpeedFan (v4.52). My problem is not specific to speedfan, it is simply the most recent and easily reproducible example I can think of. 
      So, the goal of the script below is to get a string of text containing the current fan RPMs from the highlighted control in the screenshot below (see "speedfan_control_details.png").

Now, here's a simple script for grabbing the window handle and reading the text from that control: 
      $wintitle = "SpeedFan 4.52" $controlID = "197934" ;will be reformatted as "[ID:######]" $hwnd = wingethandle($wintitle) if @error<>0 then msgbox(0, "WinGetHandle", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) Exit EndIf $text = ControlGetText($hwnd, "", "[ID:"&$controlID&"]") if @error=1 then msgbox(0, "ControlGetText", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) ;failure returns "" and @error=1 Exit EndIf msgbox (0, "ControlGetText", "SUCCESS. @error="&@error &@CRLF& "$text="&$text) ;success returns string and @error=0 You'll see that the ControlGetText operation runs without error, however it does not capture any text from the control. If you explore the other controls in this one window, you'll find mixed results across the board. Neither the temps nor voltages can be read, while the log field and some other elements can be read. Even when you read the text from the whole window, those elements are not included in the visible nor hidden texts. 

I have run into this issue many times in the past- inconsistencies in the ability of autoit to interact with certain controls. What is it which makes this text different than any other readable texts? Is there an alternate method of reading the text in the window/control which could work? Any and all info to help me solve this mystery and satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks  -Rob C
      PS: Running Autoit v3.3.14.2 on Win7 Ultimate x64
    • LOWLIFE
      By LOWLIFE
      This is a personal project to log into several facebook accounts and send a message to a specific person on their birthday. I need to stop a script in a few different ways for several different reasons. For example, it might start sending the email to the wrong account, it might do something other than send a message, it might fail to logout of one account, etc. 
      1) Pause the script at it's exact location with a resume feature in case I need to put it on hold while I do another task. 
      2) Pause the script at it's current location with the option to start over or execute another part of the script (example in GUI with multiple buttons). 
      Also, is there a way to interact with menus? If I log into facebook how can I force it to go straight to sending a message to the proper person? I tried automating a mouseclick but the window opens in different places. I also tried searching for specific text and I couldn't get any information from the windows info tool on the facebook page. 
      Also, how do I get my code in here to show like it does in my editor? (scite)
      Thanks for looking at it, and any help/suggestions I sgreatly appreciated!
      <snip>
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Guys, 
      So with me working in my Virtual Machines in full screen, I often have my Host OS playing music. Now the issue I had was trying to control the Host OS without having to minimise the Guest OS.
      So I thought of this small program. I call it the Volume Control. It resides in the bottom right hand corner of your screen just above the system clock. 
      I'm still working on getting the volume buttons to increase/decrease when you hold down the button.
      Currently, you will need to tap on the volume buttons numerous times to decrease/increase the volume. 
      Any other improvements let me know. 
      The source code, icon and compiled program are already in the zip. 

Volume Controlv1.zip
      Screenshot.bmp
    • Ian_Mac
      By Ian_Mac
      Okey guys , here's the thing, My script is running fine, but when it's already running i cant   turn it off or pause by clicking the on/off button  unless i manually close it on my taskbar. What i wanted to happen is "if i click the ($switch = turn On and Off Button) to Off the script will STOP Running but not closing the entire GUI because i tried to use Exit and ExitLoop but it closes the entire GUI. and i don't want that to happen.  
      BTW. I'm new in AutoIT and practice scripting hope somebody could help me  Godbless. feel free to view my script
      Practice.au3
    • IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      So I have a lot of different functions in the little program I'm making.  Most of them use the Do statement, such as finding images, clicking buttons, etc.

The question I have is how would I be able to both
      1) Create a hotkey to pause whatever I am doing at the moment.  If I have to put something into every function in the program, I don't mind.
      2) Create a hotkey to exit whatever I am doing and stop all loops or commands and bring back the main GUI?