Sign in to follow this  
careca

ShellExecute without wait?

careca

Hi, trying to start an exe with parameters, and making a count while it's executing, like this:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)
Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)
Opt("TrayOnEventMode", 1)

SplashImageOn("Intel", "img\intel.jpg", -1, -1, -1, -1, 1)
Sleep(1000)
SplashOff()

ProgressOn("Progress...", "Working", "0 percent")
;ProgressSet(0, "0 %", "Working")
If FileExists("MEI_Intel_XP32_Vista_Win7_6001179\setup.exe") Then
ShellExecute("MEI_Intel_XP32_Vista_Win7_6001179\SETUP.EXE", "-s")
Count()
Else
MsgBox(64, "FileExists Function", "Intel MEI .exe not found!", 0)
Exit
EndIf

Func Count()
For $i = 0 To 100 Step +1
ProgressSet($i, $i & '%', "Working")
If ProcessWaitClose("SETUP.EXE") = 1 Then
ProgressSet(100, "100 %", "Done!")
Sleep(500)
ProgressOff()
Exit
EndIf
Sleep(1000)
Next
ProgressOff()
EndFunc ;==>Count

Problem is, it runs until it's finished, and im not using SEWait... :S How can i do this, using parameters, and making the count at the same time? Was thinking about some variables, just a loop, and cheking for some variable to become 1 or something like that, think it could work, but im more interested in why the script doens't just continue...

PS: I know i don't need to have the count part as a function, considering the script runs normally.

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

BrewManNH

You're using ProcessWaitClose in your count function, that's going to pause the script until the process closes. What I think you're looking for would be ProcessExists, this way if the process is still running do something.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

careca

Owww, big fail, thanks man, this was getting under my skin, can't believe how i failed so miserably to see that. Thank you.

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe