Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lavascript

Input box: Select a substring?

6 posts in this topic

I'm creating a small MsgBox-style GUI window for a login, and I'm giving my $Username input box the default text "DOMAIN\Username". When I run it, the default text is highlighted as expected, but it'd be nicer if I could highlight only the username portion. I realize I could use multiple input fields, but I'd rather not.

I'm currently accomplishing this by:

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Send("{END}+{LEFT 8}")

and that technically works, but I was wondering if there was a "right" way to do this.

Is the domain name going to be static? If so, I would just put it in a label:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $msg
GUICreate("Login", 400, 100)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("DOMAIN\", 10, 23, 50, 50)
GUICtrlCreateInput("", 60, 20, 150, 20)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
  Select
   Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    ExitLoop
  EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Yeah, I know. Probably 90% of the time, but not necessarily.

Or do a drop-down to let them select the domain.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Just to show the direction..

#include <GuiEdit.au3>
GUICreate("Login", 300, 200)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Domain", 10, 10, 80, 20, 0x200)
$nEditDomain = GUICtrlCreateInput("DOMAIN\Username", 100, 10, 180, 20)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password", 10, 50, 80, 20, 0x200)
GUICtrlCreateInput("", 100, 50, 180, 20)

GUISetState()

_GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($nEditDomain, 7, 1000)
Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

lavascript,

The code above -3 is $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE in case you were wondering.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015