Autoit SysInfo Clock v0.9.9.7 build 2014-08-27 beta

UEZ

I'm curious, it's probably been explained somewhere in the thread, but what does the bottom label refer to? It's always showing 24 for me so I'm not sure what it means.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hey UEZ...

I really like this, very spiffy little tool !   Thanks.

I just downloaded it and ran it and discovered a couple of "foibles".   Everything appears fine on my system and I like the analogue display, looks sharp.  

One problem I had was,  If you click on "About" though, there is no way to stop it without using Task Mangler to force the app to close.  Not even exit works off the taskbar.

Have you considered doing a Digital Version of this ?

I wonder if it is possible to have "Temp Display" as well for CPU & Video Cards ??  (Kind of like how Speccy can show the temps).

That is something I run into often working with extremely heavy graphics apps and video production.

Maybe it's my system, so here is the main system I use, which isn't quite the average box on the street...

Operating System:   Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU:                        AMD FX-8350 16 °C
                                 Vishera 32nm Technology   (4.0Ghz 8 core)
RAM:                        32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard:            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99X EVO R2.0 (Socket 942) 33 °C
Graphics:
                                47LV4400 (1920x1080@60Hz)
                                2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 30 °C
Hard Drives:
                                224GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDCR240GB (SSD) 27 °C
                                699GB Seagate ST750LX003-1AC154 (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives:         PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D
Audio:                      Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks Again for the great work UEZ

WS

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

@WhiteStar: thanks you very much about your feedback - really appreciate it!

Regarding to exit the About "intro": normally you should be able to exit it by pressing the ESC key. Please test it and tell me whether it works for you.

I've not planned to do a digital version and probably adding the temp values to the analogue clock will not work because of missing area to display the values within the clock and beside that I need to search for a non WMI way to get those values.

I saw the graphic element of the clock in SysMetrix and wanted to assemble it to an analogue clock which imho looks very nice.

When I look to your temp values they look very cool. ;-)

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Hey UEZ....

Escape does cancel it !   Maybe a HoverText over the "About button" would be in order....

As for my current Temps as noted above...   I have to use liquid cooling (Arctic Cooler) + 2x200mm, 3x80mm fans  and even with that have seen into the 50C range occasionally when running the full Virtual World software systems...  Highend graphics pushing 70-90 Frames per Second heats up pretty much all graphics cards & CPU's.   Must say that I love my compile times now though...  compiling over 2 million lines of C# + libs etc only takes a blustery 6 seconds on SSD.

Just thinking out loud & stirring ideas...

The Analogue Clock would have to become a "Clock Wall" I suppose if you were to add in temps etc...  Either way, in Analogue I think it would look pretty cool.  In Digital maybe a display similar to a digital watch with 4 buttons to switch face-mode...  Or possibly an analogue "Modal" button to switch between displaying RAM/CPU/Temps on the same face.  

WS

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

Hmmm, it seems that _IsPressed() function is not working properly on AMD CPUs because JohnOne reported same issue in post#15.

I cannot say whether it is a bug. Maybe I will use the Hotkey() instead.

@AMD CPU user: can you please verify whether ESC key is working or not when you called the About function?

THANKS,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Hmmm, it seems that _IsPressed() function is not working properly on AMD CPUs because JohnOne reported same issue in post#15.

I cannot say whether it is a bug. Maybe I will use the Hotkey() instead.

@AMD CPU user: can you please verify whether ESC key is working or not when you called the About function?

THANKS,

UEZ

Hi UEZ, I am running it successfully on an Asus EEE laptop with AMD BIOS (W7 x86) and have not had any problems.

If I remember correctly, my desktop PC is also AMD BIOS and has no problems either.

May I make bold as to suggest a couple of enhancements?

A. Have the clock start up with Windows.

B. Have it so that when you right-click  on the memory used indicator that the program will flush the memory.

Excellent program, thanks for sharing.

Regards, DeMo.

Quote of the week:"BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN." -- UnknownWisdom of the ages:

• I'd be unstoppable... if not for law enforcement and physics.
  • Marriage, the number 1 cause of divorce.
  • Don't steal... the government hates competition.
  • Irish Government Motto: We’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got.
  • Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.-- Ferenc Mantfeld
  • If you learn from your mistakes, then why ain't I a genius?! -- Anonymous
  • Remember, live every day as if it was your last day! one day you will be right.
  • How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
  • Sure my system is secure, it just locked up again.
  • I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.  ~Author Unknown

@GerrOrneq: yesterday I implemented A but for B I don't know yet how to do it.

@WhiteStar: did you start the executable or you ran it from the source code? If from the source code which AutoIt version you are currently running.

Br,

UEZ

@WhiteStar: did you start the executable or you ran it from the source code? If from the source code which AutoIt version you are currently running.

Br,

UEZ

I ran the executable file not source code.   I'm obviously using an AMD 8-Core CPU and the Escape Key does work.  I did make the suggestion of adding a hovertext to the menu choices which would indicate to use the ESC key to exit the About info.

Hope there will be a new complete AutoIT package released soon...  starting to look like a bit of a patch to patch to patch for updating. 

~ WhiteStar Magic

Ah, then I misunderstood you. Yes, yesterday I added an additional text to press ESC to exit the about section.

Updated 1st post. Please test.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Very nice compared to my widgets:

qoysr7.png

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation

Looks Good UEZ but I think I would have opted for a hover text but that's just me...

It appears now, that with Windows 8.1 Update, the different Cores will be monitorable and concurrent apps ( > 2) will also be monitorable.  That's always been a Pet Peeve of mine to be able to watch concurrent apps, their CPU, RAM usage etc...  Without having to use some heavy commercial app that is not worth the effort.  How much progress MS has made is yet to be seen but I'm not holding my breath on that as they have gone a bit pear shaped as of late.

~ WhiteStar Magic

WhiteStar, what do you mean about multiple cores and apps being monitorable?  They are already?  See Performance Counters, CPU Multi-Processor Usage, etc linked in my signature.

UEZ - nice job on the clock, btw!  I never really took the time to really look at it until now.  Oddly, if I had done so to begin with, I would have realized that you didn't want to look at more than one processor, and obviously wouldn't have written that multi-processor usage script!  Oh well, sometimes misunderstandings result in good things :P

I'm currently experimenting with per-adapter Network Statistics, and it seems to be working out well.  It should be a little more lightweight to get general traffic (trannsmit/receive bytes) info.

Hello UEZ,

I see no-one has reported the following (minor) issues...

So here goes:

A.    When the clock is not set TopMost and it goes behind another window, the
    tooltips will still appear at their appointed positions as if the clock was
    still upermost?
    These tooltips interfere with any mouse clicks that need to be performed at
    those positions.

B.    As the clock does not come into view with the Alt-Tab combination, the only
    way to get it topmost again appears to be from the SysTray, but the only
    options are to 'Reset The Window Position' or 'Exit', neither of which I want
    to do, instead I just want to easily be able to see the clock again!

(Running on W7 Pro x86.)

Regards,

DeMo.

Quote of the week:"BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN." -- UnknownWisdom of the ages:

• Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.-- Ferenc Mantfeld
  • Remember, live every day as if it was your last day! one day you will be right.
  • How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Thank you very much GerrOrneq for your feedback  :thumbsup:

Should be fixed now (never thought about these issues)! You can activate GUI using the system tray menu!

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Hello UEZ,

WOW! you fix things and add new bits quicker that I can even get around to downloading, checking and replying... :lol:

It works fine now, thanks. :sorcerer:

I have just had a mad idea :idea: (Not a feature request or anything, just a mad idea.) what if you added three buttons (Start/Pause/Stop) to the clock (like you find on a stopwatch) and when you press them the program records the start and stop times thus giving the clock the ability to be a programmers/Technicians log of time spent on tasks.
i.e. when you click Start it asks you the name of the project you are working on and when you press Pause it logs that time and that way you can take breaks from the task and continue later by UnPausing it and then when finished pressing the Stop button logs the total time spent on the task, that way you can keep track of time spent on tasks for billing purposes etc.

Again, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Regards,
DeMo.

Nice idea to add stopwatch functionality. Let me think about it how to implement the features...

Br,

UEZ