Report Help file errors here (Part 2)

Jos

Then it's a bonus for you, because I've noticed that most help files don't have the option to increase/decrease the font size. :)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ok, so now I use this to have SciTE open the aforementioned chm:

#NoTrayIcon

Run("hh.exe mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\AutoIt3.chm::/html/functions/" & $CmdLine[1] & ".htm", '', @sw_maximize)

Compiled as an exe which SciTE opens by modifying the approriate entry in au3.properties.  Not sure if this is worthy to belong in example scripts.

Take AutoIt.chm file from version 3.3.8.1

But I want to use 3.3.9.12.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

guinness

GUICtrlCreateEdit

default ( -1) : $ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL, $WS_HSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE

forced styles : $ES_MULTILINE, $WS_TABSTOP only if not $ES_READONLY

default ( -1) : $ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL, $WS_HSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL

forced styles : $ES_MULTILINE, $WS_TABSTOP only if not $ES_READONLY, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE

Fixed.

I'm surprised that Ctrl & + or - doesn't work for you guys. 

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.  Explain like I'm five.

AutoIt_3.3.8.1                    AutoIt_3.3.9.12

-- AutoIt3.chm                     -- AutoIt3.chm

--AutoIt.chm    --> copy-->   -- AutoIt.chm

--UDFs3.chm                       -- UDFs3.chm

AutoIt_3.3.8.1                    AutoIt_3.3.9.12

-- AutoIt3.chm                     -- AutoIt3.chm

--AutoIt.chm    --> copy-->   -- AutoIt.chm

--UDFs3.chm                       -- UDFs3.chm

I now trancexx remove the Font/police button but do we really want to have it back

Are you sure everything would be allright with all windows version Xp, Vista, Win7 win8

I now trancexx remove the Font/police button but do we really want to have it back

Are you sure everything would be allright with all windows version Xp, Vista, Win7 win8

She removed it for a reason. Probably we should honour that and not add it again.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

_IEAttach spelling mistake typo

Success: Returns an object variable pointing to the InternetExplorer Object for all but Embedded and DislogBox modes which return a Window Object 

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I read several times the description for Volatile to understand what this is but I don't.

Is there a better description possible?

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

helpfile for

_WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId

Retrieves the identifier of the thread that created the specified window

#include <WinAPI.au3>
_WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($hWnd, ByRef $iPID)

is unclear => misleading, wrong.

helpfile says

Return Value Returns the Thread ID of the specified window

this is wrong. the Thread iD is returned ByRef. not as return value.

udf function is:

Func _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($hWnd, ByRef $iPID)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "dword", "GetWindowThreadProcessId", "hwnd", $hWnd, "dword*", 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    $iPID = $aResult[2]
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId

discussed >here.

Cheers Edano

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

I read several times the description for Volatile to understand what this is but I don't.

Is there a better description possible?

Br,

UEZ

I understand that means that a callback func won't pause autoit script execution?  Or am I captain obvious?

I believe the help file might be correct here.

The function does return the Thread ID, I believe the process ID is copied to the ByRef parameter, but I'm not 100% sure.

It might though, be not what a user might expect.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

helpfile for

is unclear => misleading, wrong.

helpfile says

this is wrong. the Thread iD is returned ByRef. not as return value.

udf function is:

Func _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($hWnd, ByRef $iPID)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "dword", "GetWindowThreadProcessId", "hwnd", $hWnd, "dword*", 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    $iPID = $aResult[2]
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId

discussed >here.

Cheers Edano

I believe the the help file is correct, it looks to me as though it does indeed return the thread ID, and the process ID is copied to the ByRef param.

It might not be what I user would expect though.

I believe the help file might be correct here.

The function does return the Thread ID, I believe the process ID is copied to the ByRef parameter, but I'm not 100% sure.

It might though, be not what a user might expect.

no. the return value is definitely defined as the value when you use $PID=_WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId() the return value is set by the return keyword in the function. this is not the case here, so it's simply wrong. no room for assumptions or expectations.

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]