Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EKY32

Can _InetGetSource Return Immediately?

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to read data from a remote file without freezing the script, I saw InetGet can download in the background and that is what I really need.. but without downloading and writing a file, is there any way to do that please?

THank you.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

You cannot do that with native or standard UDF functions out of the box.

However ProgAndy created a solution to that 

>Here

EDIT:

above method creates a file.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Sorry, there is something wrong with the link.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

I'll give it a try, seems difficult to me.

Thank you dear John.

Nice examples thank you, but I don't want to make a DOWNLOAD process, I don't want to use a temprary file, possible somehow?

The idea I pointed out was the external execution using the /AutoIt3ExecuteLine parameter.

You can probably do the same thing (using /AutoIt3ExecuteScript maybe) for _InetGetSource. But you will have to retrieve the result from the 2nd script to the 1st.

Yes I got you, that will require running another process, and this is a problem in my case.

Thank you very much.

The idea I pointed out was the external execution using the /AutoIt3ExecuteLine parameter.

You can probably do the same thing (using /AutoIt3ExecuteScript maybe) for _InetGetSource. But you will have to retrieve the result from the 2nd script to the 1st.

It's not possible to "execute" UDF functions this way. -_0

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Why is it a problem ?

In my script  i'm using a delicate execution that I can't use external process with it, this process may not run for a reason, or may not stop (due to firewall or something..), this will not serve my application main purpose.

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

Ah yes dear John I see that, I told you that I don't want a temp file to be written with the returned data, in that link you gave me (which is the best way till now) a temp file is written called ".pipemyautoitinetgetpipe" with the returned data, and MsgBox(0, '', $bData) that should get the buffer data is not getting anything, you should read the data from the temp file.

Edited by EKY32

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

I was unaware that a named pipe was a file, I'm still not convinced.

Where exactly is this file written to?

Dear John, In the >example you gave me, there is a file written to the @ScriptDir called ".pipemyautoitinetgetpipe" & @AutoItPID and in has the returned data in it.

Edited by EKY32

Yes :ermm:

Means no big difference than InetGet [for me as I simply understood].