Sign in to follow this  
topten

Is it possible to use variable with iniread func?

I am trying to use variable for the key in inifile with iniread function

$num = "2"
$record = IniRead ("1.ini", "func5", "init"&$num&"," & "dat")

Is it possible to use here variable?

Edited by topten

Sure.

Can you give an example of a key you want to use? Is there really a "," in the keyname?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

no, there is no. I am trying to use variable somehow, however, I am getting: Incorrect number of parameters in function call.:

May be I am using syntaxis wrong?

Yes

Try:

$record = IniRead("1.ini", "func5", "init" & $num, "dat")

Jos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      good morning sirs.
      please i have a request from you.
      i have an variable to Read a data from a file
      this data is Encrypted
      and when i read it i Decrypte it.
      for that i need a function to Write a ini data to string.
      ;#Function# ===================================================================================================================== ; Name............: _IniReadFromString ; Description.....: Returns the value of a key in a specific section of an ini-formatted string ; Syntax..........: _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) ; Parameters......: ;   $szInput - The string that contains data in ini format ;   $szSection   - The sectionname (just as in IniRead) ;   $szKey   - The keyname (just as in IniRead) ;   $Default - The default value if the key does not exist or reading failed (just as in IniRead) ; Return values ..: ;   Success  - Returns the read value ;   Failure  - Returns $Default ; Author .........: FichteFoll ; Remarks ........: Works for Unicode as well as for ANSI ; Related ........: IniRead, _IniReadSectionFromString ; Link ...........; See on top ; Example ........; $var = _IniReadFromString(StringFormat("[Sect]\r\nMyKey1=value1\r\nMyKey2=value2"), "Sect", "MyKey2", "no_value") ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) ;~  Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(",3) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found    Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString ; ############################################################################################################################### ; =============================================== ; = Internal Use Only ; =============================================== Func __StringEscapeRegExp($szExp) Return StringRegExpReplace($szExp, "([\(\)\[\]\{\}\\\/\?\.\\|\+])", "\\$1") ; ()[]{}\/?.|+ EndFunc;==>__StringEscapeRegExp like this  function Read the ini from string.

please ihelp me
      thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs,
      i have searched allot about an function that can  read the INI file as a  string
      i mean function to read the ini files from string and not from the file directly.
      i finally found an UDF that do what i want
      but unfortunately all the functions work,  but the function that i want it not working.
      this is the udf
      the function that  i need is _IniReadFromString
      this is the function

Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString
      i hope that any one can help me
      thank you in advance
      iniex.au3
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears
      am using an ini files as a History
      Sometimes the file size is be larger to 5 MB
      AutoIt does not recognize the full content of the file
      When I did a search to find out why, I discovered that INI files could not be read if they size larger than 64 KB.
      for that I preferred to ask here if is there any way to bypass this obstacle.
      The contents of the file are  as follows
      [filesList]
      c:\...\...\f1.mp3=00:15:20
      c:\...\...\f2.mp3=00:10:20
      c:\...\...\f3.wav=00:59:20
      ....... Etc
      This is the section for reading the file (adapted from my main script)

case $continue     Local $aArray = IniReadSection($WaitingListFile, StringEncrypt(true, "filesList", $MyPassword))     If Not @error Then Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($scList)         For $i = 1 To $aArray[0][0] $path = path_list(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord), 1) if FileExists(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord)) then GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GetFileName(FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord))) & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & " : " & Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") & FileGetLongName(StringEncrypt(false, $aArray[$i][0], $MyPassWord)), $scList) else $path = $path endIf         Next GUISetState(@sw_disable, $hGUI) GUISetState(@sw_show, $hGUI2) GUICtrlSetState($SClist, $GUI_FOCUS) else if $accessibilitymode = 1 then speak(str("listEmpty")) endIf endIf
      Is there any way to solve this problem, please?
      am waiting your answers...
      Greetings to All
    • By AndreasNWWWWW
      Hi, i'm just curious is there a way to sort an ini file after largest first?
      my inifiles writes itself like this
      14=500
      13=GREY
      12=500
      11=600
      10=600
      9=600
      8=700
      7=700
      5=600
      3=600
      2=800
      1=700
      15=GREY
      4=GREY

but is there a way so i can get it sortet 
      etc?
    • By AndreasNWWWWW
      Hi, i'm curious if this is even possible, i want to do an action if the ini file contains current values under a section.
      for my test i'm looking for 100,200,300,400,500
      and if any of those excits i want to pop a msgbox with the number in the section.
      i can in my example find one, but it does not check everyone. why?  what am i missing?
      Local $iscore810[5] = [100,200,300,400,500] Local $iMax800 = 5 While 1 ;~     Send("{pause}") ;;func les ini fil     $var = IniReadSection("Area.ini", "modus")     If @error Then         MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Unable to read section.")     Else          For $number = 1 To $var[0][0] If $var[$number][1] == $iscore810[3] Then       MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "FAnt den på", $var[$number][0], 5) EndIf                       Next     EndIf     exit WEnd