Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
topten

Is it possible to use variable with iniread func?

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am trying to use variable for the key in inifile with iniread function

$num = "2"
$record = IniRead ("1.ini", "func5", "init"&$num&"," & "dat")

Is it possible to use here variable?

Edited by topten

Sure.

Can you give an example of a key you want to use? Is there really a "," in the keyname?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

no, there is no. I am trying to use variable somehow, however, I am getting: Incorrect number of parameters in function call.:

May be I am using syntaxis wrong?

In fact it should have been

$record = IniRead ("1.ini", "func5", "init2", "dat")

so here 2- is fo variable

May be I am using syntaxis wrong?

Yes

Try:

$record = IniRead("1.ini", "func5", "init" & $num, "dat")

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon, I could very well be doing this wrong so feel free to totally advise otherwise - I'm wanting to use a GUI to first display a key from within an INI file, then secondly change the INI file by using a FileSelectFolder command but then I want to see the GUI change to reflect the change I've just made.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(Iniread(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",""), 64, 80, 121, 21) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Change", 200, 80, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $selectedFolder = FileSelectFolder("Select Log Path Directory",@WorkingDir,0) If NOT $selectedFolder = "" Then $newLogPath = IniWrite(@WorkingDir & "\test.ini","Path","FilePath",$selectedFolder) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd So 2 part question really: (1) Should I be using GUICtrlCreateInput to display my INI read from within the GUI? (2) How can I refresh the GUI to update that to read the new information I've just written to the GUI?
      Thanks!

• LWC
      By LWC
      I've made a program that relies on IniReadSectionNames. It reads (~3K) Autorun.inf files in the working folder and creates a GUI based on their contents.
      I made sure to revert to a default GUI upon @error.
      But someone (with Windows XP SP3 32-bit) reported to me he always gets the default menu.
      I sent him a FileRead command instead and it works! So seemingly there's no access problem to AutoRun.inf.
      In the following demo code, I always hit success, but he always ends up with semi-success:
      Local $hIniLocation = "Autorun.inf" Local $aSections = IniReadSectionNames($hIniLocation) If @error Then $aSections = FileRead($hIniLocation) if @error then msgbox(48, "Double error", "Alternative access failed too due to:" & @crlf & @error & @crlf & @extended) else msgbox(0, "Semi-success", "IniReadSectionNames failed, but alternativaly this file contains:" & @crlf & @crlf & $aSections) endif else msgbox(0, "Success", "IniReadSectionNames worked!") endif Why is that? Is there something further to check with him?
      Autorun.inf
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning community!
      I was working on a script which read the content of a .ini file to retrieve the file that has to open, and, based on the value of a second key stored in the .ini file, set the window on top, minimized or maximized...
      I did something like this, but seems to not work properly...
      Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thank you  

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=prova.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ;#include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $sFileConfigurazione = @ScriptDir & "\configurazione_exe.ini" If(FileExists($sFileConfigurazione)) Then Local $aSezioneIni = IniReadSection($sFileConfigurazione, "CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file: " & @CRLF & $sFileConfigurazione & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error) Else ; Lancio dell'applicativo indicato nel file di configurazione Local $iPID = ShellExecute($aSezioneIni[1][1]) Local $hWnd If($iPID <> 0) Then Local $aWinList = WinList() For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0] If(WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][1] = $iPID)) Then $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1] EndIf Next Switch($aSezioneIni[2][1]) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MIN" ToolTip("MIN", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MINIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "MAX" ToolTip("MAX", 0, 0) WinSetState($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), @SW_MAXIMIZE) Case $aSezioneIni[2][1] = "TOP" ToolTip("TOP", 0, 0) WinSetOnTop($hWnd, WinGetTitle($hWnd), $WINDOWS_ONTOP) EndSwitch EndIf EndIf EndIf And the .ini file is like this:

[CONFIGURAZIONE_EXE] PercorsoExe=Here goes the path and the .exe to execute ModalitaAperturaExe=Here goes one of the value below /* TOP Shows the windows on top */ /* MIN Shows the window minimized */ /* MAX Shows the window maximized */  
    • Wingens
      By Wingens
      Hi,

I am trying to create a list view wich shows the content of an ini file. There is a pulldown menu wich allows me to check a certain status in the ini file if the status is found it should read out the key and in every section the same key is located after that it should fill out the listview with all results found.

$OVERZICHTGUI = GUICreate("RMA Overzicht", 1235, 742, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Ingelogd als: " & $NAAMMEDEWERKER, 8, 0) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 8, 16, 185, 89) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Status:", 32, 40, 37, 17) $STATUS = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 32, 64, 140, 25,BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData($STATUS, "Aangevraagd|Verzonden|Afgehandeld", "") GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) $View = GUICtrlCreateListView("RMANR|RMANRLEV|DEBITNR|KLANT|STATUS|MODEL|SERIENR|AANGEMELDDOOR|AANMELDDATUM|VERZENDDATUM|RETOURDATUM|KLACHT|OPLOSSING", 8, 120, 1218, 614) $Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Hoofdmenu", 1104, 8, 123, 33) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $EXIT $YesOrNo = msgBox(4,"","Terug naar het hoofdmenu?") If $YesOrNo = 6 then GUIDelete($OVERZICHTGUI) MAINMENU() ExitLoop EndIf Case $STATUS $GO = 1 $STATE = GUICtrlRead($STATUS) Local $aArray = IniReadSection(@ScriptDir & "\DB\rma.ini", "STATUS") _ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Gevonden") $FOUNDRMANR = _ArraySearch($aArray, $STATE) MsgBox(4096, "", $FOUNDRMANR) If $FOUNDRMANR = -1 Then MsgBox(4096, "Not Found", "No RMA requests with this status found.") $GO = 0 EndIf If $GO = 1 Then $VAR = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\DB\rma.ini", "RMANR", $FOUNDRMANR, "Not found") MsgBox(4096, "", $VAR) EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      rma-forum.ini
    • Wingens
      By Wingens
      Hi,
      i a stuck with a hopefully a little problem.
      I know the value of a not yet known key in an ini file.
      I need to be able to find the key using the value. The value is a unique value in a section.

Hope you guys can help me.