Jon

Need some javascript wizardry

Jon

I think it's possible from doing a bit of research but I've not found anything that fits the bill exactly.

Forum code is output like this:

<pre class="prettyprint lang-autoit ipsCode">
    stuff
</pre>

The two constant classes are prettyprint and ipsCode. After prettify has run the 'prettyprinted' class is also added.

I need a javascript that can cycle though the <pre> tags on a page and if they contain more than 50 lines then wrap them with some additional html something like this (the old geshi code is used as an example)

<div class='geshitop'>
    <button onclick='geshiExpand(this);'>expand</button>
    <button onclick='geshiCollapse(this)' style='display: none'>collapse</button>
    <button onclick='geshiPopup(this)'>popup</button>
</div>
<div class='autoit-code-container'>
<pre class="......">
</pre>          
</div>

Prettify runs after page load so anything this code does needs to cope with that. I'm not sure if that's possible - maybe I could modify the prettify source to call a function at the end. Also the pre tag and content will be being rewritten so we need make sure we go last. I can't control when prettify runs - it's buried in the forum.

Edited by Jon

James

Well...

1. When the document has loaded fine all pre tags and get the innerText content.
  2. Count the amount of new lines.
  3. If the lines >= 50 add the CSS.

That way even if the code is already ran through Prettify, it shouldn't matter because you're getting the "raw" source.

MikahS

easy way of getting line count:

var lines = $("pre").val().split("\n");

if you're working with pure js use a function like this to replicate jquery like syntax:

Function $(x) {
    var element = document.getElementsByTagName(x);
    return element;
}

example:

window.onload = function() {

function $(x) {
        var element = document.getElementsByTagName(x);
        return element;
    }

function ctLines(elems) {
        var lines;
        for (var i = 0; i <= elems.length; i++) {
            lines = elems[i].val().split("\n");
            if (lines >= 50) {
                // add the CSS as James has described
            }
        }
    }

var Elmt = $('pre');
    ctLines(Elmt);
}

Disclaimer: Just started learning JS a month or so ago.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

guinness

That jQuery-like wrapper doesn't work, as there is no val() method in the element object. To create a native counterpart, well look at the jQuery implementation >> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jquery/jquery/53aa87f3bf4284763405f3eb8affff296e55ba4f/src/attributes/val.js Yeah quite impressive!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

MikahS

I see, thank you for noticing that @guinness.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

guinness

That's fine @MikahS. That notification system of @username is pretty awesome.

• Like 3

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

MikahS

@guinness instead of val() would it be innerHTML? 

That notification system of @username is pretty awesome.

​Agreed, makes notifying others much easier.

Snips & Scripts

guinness

@guinness instead of val() would it be innerHTML? 

​Agreed, makes notifying others much easier.

​Look at the code I linked. val() has so many workarounds, but generally speaking it would be .value >> http://jsfiddle.net/gb8muehx/

UDF List:

MikahS

@James good point. .val() is jquery. .value is JS and does not use ().

@guinness Thanks for the example code. ^_^

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

guinness

Rather than val() shouldn't it be value()?

​Minus the brackets, yeah. You're the web guy not me :)

UDF List:

Jon

I've got half of this done, but am currently failing at the very easiest bit. Running a javascript function on click.

This is the code from the old forum that calls my custom function:

<button onclick="codePopup(this);">popup</button>

But that didn't work - it actually seemed to call some random function on the forum.

So I tried something simpler:

<button onclick="alert('Hello');">popup</button>

This prints the alert and then proceeds to call the same random function on the forum.

Eh?

Jon

Boom

(function() 
{
    preTags = document.querySelectorAll('pre.ipsCode');

for(var i=0;i<preTags.length;i++) 
    {
        oldPre = preTags[i].outerHTML;

autoitCodeTop = '<button type="button" onclick="autoitExpand(this);">expand</button>';
        autoitCodeTop += '<button type="button" onclick="autoitCollapse(this)" style="display: none">collapse</button>';
        autoitCodeTop += ' <button type="button" onclick="autoitPopup(this)">popup</button>';
        output = '<div class="autoitCodeTop">' + autoitCodeTop + '</div>' + oldPre;      

preTags[i].outerHTML = output; 
    }

})();

function autoitExpand(node) 
    {
        div_autoitCodeTop = node.parentNode;
        pre_ipscode = div_autoitCodeTop.nextSibling;

// First sibling will should be the pre tag
        if (pre_ipscode.nodeName === 'PRE' && pre_ipscode.className.indexOf("ipsCode") > -1)
        {
            pre_ipscode.style.maxHeight = 'none';

// Hide this node and display nextSibling (Collapse)
            node.style.display = "none";
            node.nextSibling.style.display = "";
        }
    }

function autoitCollapse(node) 
    {

if (pre_ipscode.nodeName === 'PRE' && pre_ipscode.className.indexOf("ipsCode") > -1)
        {
            pre_ipscode.style.maxHeight = '500px';

// Hide this node and display nextSibling (Collapse)
            node.style.display = "none";
            node.previousSibling.style.display = "";
        }
    }

function autoitPopup(node) 
    { 

{
            // Remove html formatting and change <br /> into \r\n
            text = pre_ipscode.innerHTML;
            text = text.replace(/<br.?\/?>/g, "\r\n");
            text = text.replace(/<\/?[^>]+(>|$)/g, "");

node = '<pre>' + text + "</pre>";
            popup = window.open("", "Code", "width=800,height=600,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes");
            popup.document.write(node);
            popup.document.close();
        }
    }

• Like 1